• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Get Bookings From Catalog Shows?

my party exchange company.Joanne,Thanks for your email. Based on your experience, it sounds like the best way to get a catalog show is to have the host be the one to encourage others to book. I have had a few bookings from my catalog shows using this (and also higher Catalog Show Sales!) - 2 Catalog, and 2 Cooking Shows! - I used to NEVER get bookings from Catalog shows! The catalog show I just closed ended at $478 Com. sales, 1 Cooking show booking, and 1 recruit!Great flyer chefbecky! Thanks for sharing; I'll have to try that.I also started using prize drawing slips for my catalog shows. I
ChefinHarmony
Okay, I'm still not giving up on the phone. Two calls tonight resulted into two catalog shows. I'd rather have that then the firm 15 "Nos" I got yesterday! Anyway, is there anything anyone does to try to get your Host to get a booking from her catalog show? I'm going to send them out some packets for the catalog shows and I just wondered if there was any letter, or information that would "inspire" them to getting a booking.

Two of my Sept. Home shows have now completely cancelled - death in the family and remodeling disaster. I only have one solid Home show booked. I LOVE doing the home shows - I only had one the whole month of August and truly miss it. I like the catalog sales, but I don't want my business to take this kind of turn.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!
Joanne

I offer my catalog hosts their show discount at any show they get booked for me off theirs. At the most it would cost me 20% because PC already gives them the first 10% as a past host. I make it clear to them that is how I'm doing the math. It works and it doesn't...

I also offer catalog hosts the opportunity using the line: "You just did my job. Now wasn't that easy and fun? If you had been the consultant you would have made $________ "

Beth,
So you mean if they hit the $200 mark and earned 20% off discount, then at a show booked off of them, you give them 20% off their total order? Or do you give them 30% off? Is that what you mean? Just wanted to clarify!
Thanks,
Joanne

Here is a Flyer that has worked well for me in getting bookings from Catalog Shows....I think the key is to have your host be the one to encourage others to book.... I've had a booking from my last 4 Catalog shows using this (and also higher Catalog Show Sales!) - 2 Catalog, and 2 Cooking Shows! - I used to NEVER get bookings from Catalog shows! The catalog show I just closed ended at $478 Com. sales, 1 Cooking show booking, and 1 recruit!

Attachments

• !CATALOG HOST BINGO.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 597
Great flyer chefbecky! Thanks for sharing; I'll have to try that.
I also started using prize drawing slips for my catalog shows. I tell them to give one to those that order, & there will be a prize drawing at the close of the show.

Hey, ChefBeckyD, fabulous flyer! Thanks for sharing. I'm planning to adapt that and start using it right away.

This flyer is similar to the other Becky's flyer. This has helped me get bookings from catalog shows, but I'd like to get more. I like the idea of giving the host her show discount at future shows.

Joanne-I think Beth was saying if the host achieved a 20% discount from her catalog show, she'd get 20% off with those shows booked from her catalog show. But Beth would only have to pay 10% out of her own pocket because PC covers the rest with the Past Host Discount.

I have the most catalog shows in September than I've had in a long time. And one was a host who's had some amazing catalog shows for me. One was in June a couple years ago and it was an $800 catalog show, THEN she had one in July that was $600!!! She was very motivated by those two host specials two years ago. So, I hope she has another great one this time around.:D That will REALLY help me earn some more incentive points.:)

Duh!!Duh-I forgot to attach the flyer.:eek:

DuhDuh, I forgot to attach the flyer.

Attachments

• tictacdough2for cat shows.doc
    112 KB · Views: 335
I like that Becky! Too bad I didn't have it for august, just closed 3 catty shows! They weren't bad, but this might've made them better!!

I think I'll try it for Sept. Wish me luck!

ChefinHarmony said:
Beth,
So you mean if they hit the $200 mark and earned 20% off discount, then at a show booked off of them, you give them 20% off their total order? Or do you give them 30% off? Is that what you mean? Just wanted to clarify!
Thanks,
Joanne
No. If their show discount was 20% I give them an extra 10% at the show they got booked so it equals 20% with the 10% PC gives them.

I am really shy about approaching people... I am coming out of my shell though.... I am working on party exhcanges with other direct sale companies consultants I have three shows booked in September... two of them from party exchanges ... one is a previous host that wants to renew her 10% .. so I am going to mention that at her show!!! I have one show in Oct ... I opened a second checking account at my bank (too confusing for one account) the banker told me I better get invited to a party I looked at her and said well why don't you host a show.. she booked a show in Oct!!! I look at the door prize slips after the show when I am taking the orders from the guest...... and I talk to them about their questions at that point in time...... I get bookings that way as well.... but the other way that I am approaching is working for me too!!!

I tell them that I will give them a free stone.

Anne,
Do you get a lot of bookings from a free stone approach???

I just started it a couple of months ago and have gotten one or tow, so I'm happy.

I have a show next week... I will have to try that.... do you say something to the effect of.. if you book a show with me I will give you a free stone?

Thank you for the flyers! I am putting them in the catty show stuff that I am sending out today!!

I get the host to do it. For every show she gets scheduled for me, I give her a new stone at their show.

Thank you all for the great suggestions. I put together 6 kits for catalog shows last night. I included the above flyers as well as some other "catalog" host type ones I found on here. I appreciate the advice!!
Joanne

Joanne,
One other thing that hasn't been mentioned is to stay in contact with your catalog host - I have found that most hosts (catalog & cooking) don't read thru the info in their host packet until I call them and talk them thru it all and explain the benefits to them.....the best flyers out there won't help unless you are following up on them!

1. How do I get people to host a catalog show?

To get people to host a catalog show, start by reaching out to your existing customer base and asking if they would be interested in hosting a show. You can also ask for referrals from your current hosts or customers. Utilize social media to promote the benefits of hosting a show, such as free products and discounts. Additionally, consider offering a special incentive for first-time hosts to encourage them to give it a try.

2. How do I promote catalog shows to potential hosts?

One effective way to promote catalog shows to potential hosts is to highlight the benefits of hosting, such as receiving free products and discounts. You can also showcase the convenience of hosting a catalog show, as it allows the host to earn rewards without having to plan and host a traditional in-person party. Utilize social media, email marketing, and word-of-mouth to reach out to potential hosts and showcase the benefits of hosting a catalog show.

3. How can I make my catalog show stand out?

To make your catalog show stand out, consider offering exclusive discounts or products for catalog show hosts. You can also provide personalized recommendations for each host based on their preferences and needs. Additionally, make sure to regularly communicate with your host and provide them with marketing materials, virtual party ideas, and tips to make their show a success.

4. How do I handle orders and payments for catalog shows?

For catalog shows, you can offer the option for guests to place orders online or through a paper order form. Make sure to clearly communicate the deadline for orders and provide instructions for payment. You can also offer the option for hosts to collect orders and payments from their guests and then submit them to you in one bulk order. Whichever method you choose, make sure to provide clear and detailed instructions for a smooth ordering process.

5. How can I encourage repeat bookings from catalog shows?

To encourage repeat bookings from catalog shows, make sure to provide excellent customer service to your hosts and their guests. Offer personalized recommendations and follow up with them after the show to see if they have any questions or feedback. You can also offer a special discount or incentive for hosts who book another catalog show within a certain timeframe. Lastly, regularly communicate with your hosts and keep them updated on new products and promotions to keep them engaged and interested in hosting again.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• winklermom
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Mommy2amo
  • caitynsmom
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • luvmypomeranian