• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tips for Booking Catalog Shows During Maternity Leave

In summary, this woman took a leave of absence from her job to have her fourth child and found success by booking a cattie show during her maternity leave. She recommends contacting your customers and offering a "bonus" incentive for hosts who are willing to do a catalog show during her maternity leave. Whoever collects the most in outside orders gets a freebie.
pcheftammy
I am working a few more shows before my 2nd child arrives. Does anyone have helpful hints on booking catalog shows during maternity leave. I have done the $1000 catalog show before and had it only be successful once. I have one show tonight and two more before I take my leave. I know I need to get on the phone to past customers. How can I ask for help without sounding too desperate?:chef:

Has anyone had a successful catalog competition?

Last edited:
Maybe you can offer a Prize for the Host with the heighest sales during your Maternity Leave.

I am actually preparing to take my 3rd "leave" with my 4th baby. I've tried doing catalog shows while I'm "off" and they never worked well for me. What I've done this time is book the month like I'm not even taking a leave. I then lined up some consultants on my team who were willing to cover me. If they do cover a show, I will give them something in return (usually PC dollars or a product, or a gift certificate to a restaurant.) It's been working well for me. I only take off 2 weeks anyway (as in not doing shows), and if there are any recruiting leads at the show, I pass them on to the consultant. I figure they made the connection anyway.

Hope this helps!

Evonne

I suggest making sure you have something to submit during the month on your delivery. Then u only need 1 to carry you for two months. I had 1 or 2 people do catties for me when I was off. They were my close friends, not just general host. I would ask you friends if I was you b/c they are more willing to help you.

And if you offer a prize, I would put a mimimun show total to be qualified to win the prize. Not just a $150 show. Do at least $300 since that is what you will need to stay active.

You can also apply for a leave of abscense from PC if you do not get any orders.

My son is due to be delivered by c-section a week from Friday. I'm taking off 6 weeks to recover from the surgery. I e-mailed HO to see about the leave of absence thing & they wouldn't take the request early. (((eye roll))) I have to submit the request during the current month that I want the waiver. Since my maternity leave will be all of March & half of April, I'm falling under the new AND the old career plan which makes it even more of a headache.

I like the idea of doing a competition. Contact your customers & let them know that you are going on Maternity Leave and are offering a "bonus" incentive for hosts who are willing to do a catalog show during your maternity leave. Whoever collects the most in outside orders gets _______ as a freebie. I have an extra Forged Cutlery Knife in my stash. I might use that!!! :)

Sheila said:
I like the idea of doing a competition. Contact your customers & let them know that you are going on Maternity Leave and are offering a "bonus" incentive for hosts who are willing to do a catalog show during your maternity leave. Whoever collects the most in outside orders gets _______ as a freebie. I have an extra Forged Cutlery Knife in my stash. I might use that!!! :)

This is what I did when I went on leave and actually had good success with it. I started asking people a couple months ahead of time though if they'd host a cattie show when the month I was due rolled around. Not sure if people felt sorry for me bc I was so huge or what, but I think I ended up with like $1500 in sales for the month. I'm due again in June so hopefully the same thing will work. I love the internet bc I can email my hosts and let them know who's in the lead...it makes it more of a competition then!

Good luck and Congrats on your newest arrival!

What is maternity leave?

Maternity leave is a period of time that a woman takes off from work to give birth, recover from childbirth, and care for her newborn. It is a type of leave that is specifically designated for expectant or new mothers.

Am I eligible for maternity leave as an employee of Pampered Chef?

Yes, as an employee of Pampered Chef, you are eligible for maternity leave if you have been employed with us for at least 12 months and have worked at least 1,250 hours in the last 12 months. You may also be eligible for job-protected leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).

How much maternity leave am I entitled to?

The amount of maternity leave you are entitled to will depend on your specific circumstances and the laws in your state. In general, you may be entitled to up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave under the FMLA. Some states also have laws that provide additional leave or benefits for new mothers.

Will I receive any pay during my maternity leave?

Pampered Chef does not offer paid maternity leave. However, you may be eligible for short-term disability benefits if you have purchased this coverage through our benefits program. You may also be able to use any accrued paid time off (PTO) or sick leave during your maternity leave.

What do I need to do to request maternity leave?

If you are planning to take maternity leave, please inform your supervisor and our human resources department as soon as possible. You may be required to provide medical documentation and complete some paperwork. It is important to communicate your plans and ask any questions you may have about your leave and returning to work.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCMelissa
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ShanaSmith
  • Doodlbug329
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Amanda_RI
  • tinaglotzbach