• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Many Packs of Romaine for Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad?

In summary, Kacey recommends using 2 1/2 bags of lettuce for the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad recipe, and both Ann and Dors agree.
elizabethfox
Gold Member
Does anyone know how much roamaine lettuce I am going to need in order to get 8 cups for the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad recipe?? I have made this recipe before, only we used iceberg not romaine. The store up the road has a three pack of romaine hearts for 1.98 and I just need to know how many packs I should get.

Thanks

I just use the amount that fills the platter or round bowl - I never measure the lettuce - and I use the romaine - its about 2 of the 3 pack...

Yeah I was going to do the round bowl, so thanks :)

I always use romaine and 2 is usually enough.

That's what I'd do, too. And if you need to stretch the salad a little further, add the 3rd. ;) Heck, it's salad, not rocket science.

I use iceberg lettuce.

chefann said:
That's what I'd do, too. And if you need to stretch the salad a little further, add the 3rd. ;) Heck, it's salad, not rocket science.

LOL!! That is funny Ann -

great line for a show.........

I used 2 1/2 bags in the Collapsible Serving Bowl.

PamperedDor said:
LOL!! That is funny Ann -

great line for a show.........
I use that line all the time at my shows - for lots of things. It's Mojitos, not rocket science! Or brownies, or nachos, or creamy one pot pasta... you get the idea. :)

chefann said:
I use that line all the time at my shows - for lots of things. It's Mojitos, not rocket science! Or brownies, or nachos, or creamy one pot pasta... you get the idea. :)
You should be cloned- you are brilliant! :) (seriously!)

Kitchen Diva said:
You should be cloned- you are brilliant! :) (seriously!)

Oh great Kasey - just what we all need 2 ANNS!!! LOL!!!

Now 2 Dors, that would be funny!!! (actually - scary is more like it !)

DessertDivaFL said:
I used 2 1/2 bags in the Collapsible Serving Bowl.

Be careful - they don't recommend it in that bowl for staining purposes!

PamperedDor said:
Oh great Kasey - just what we all need 2 ANNS!!! LOL!!!

Now 2 Dors, that would be funny!!! (actually - scary is more like it !)
It's better than two of me! :) LOL

Awww there is never enough Kacey!!!:love:

AND never enough Ann either - :love:

aw.... you gals are so sweet. :love:

1. How much romaine do I need for the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad?

For the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad, you will need about 2-3 heads of romaine lettuce.

2. Can I use other types of lettuce instead of romaine?

While romaine lettuce is the recommended type of lettuce for this salad, you can certainly use other types of lettuce if desired. Just make sure to adjust the amount accordingly.

3. Do I need to chop the romaine or leave it whole?

You can chop the romaine into bite-sized pieces or leave it whole and serve it as a bed for the other ingredients. It's up to personal preference.

4. Can I prepare the romaine ahead of time?

Yes, you can chop the romaine ahead of time and store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Just make sure to pat it dry before using it in the salad.

5. How should I wash the romaine before using it?

To wash the romaine, remove any wilted or damaged outer leaves, cut off the root end, and separate the leaves. Rinse the leaves under cool running water and dry them thoroughly before using.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cmdtrgd
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • etteluap70PC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies