• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad Made Easy | Try It in DCB or Micro Cooker

In summary, the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad can be made in the Micro Cooker or in a Deep Covered Baker. The recipe calls for breaking the hamburger and adding chopped onion, then placing it in the microwave for 4 minutes. The cheese is then added and the salsa is poured in. The dish is placed back in the microwave for 6 minutes and is ready to serve.
finley1991
I am doing the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad at 2 shows next week... I'd like to do the gb in the DCB or Lg Micro Cooker to show those but have never done it. Can anyone tell me if you have and for how long? :confused:

Thanks so much!!!

I do the ground beef for my tacos and the taco ring in the microwave all the time! Use the large one and start with 5 minutes. Then chop with the Mix 'N Chop and do a few more minutes until done. I've found most microwaves take around 10 minutes total for thawed and usually 12-15 for frozen ground beef. But remember it's always easier to put it back in for 2 more minutes than to over-cook it. ;)

So you do frozen ground beef too.... very interesting. I've done thawed in the microwave-but I guess I was nervous it might break with frozen.
Thanks for the tip!

My husband is the king of freezing stuff the moment we walk in with groceries! Half of what I want to cook for dinner is usually frozen! LOL Yup, I do the ground beef frozen in the large micro cooker all the time! If it's a big chunk, sometimes the lid won't fit on all the way for the first few minutes, but as soon as you can start breaking it down, just put the lid on all the way to keep in the moisture so that the meat still comes out tasting okay. ;)

i've done hamburger in the micro cooker, but not the deep covered baker. anyone use the DCB for this?

I've done this recipe in the DCB and it was a bunch of recipes from Michael Reeve..... at the beginning it calls for cooking up ground beef with chopped onion in the DCB, so I'm sure you can just do it with ground beef alone:

Easy Beef Salsa Dip

Ingredients -
1lb of Velvetta Cheese 

2 lbs Hamburger

1 medium onion 

1 16 oz Mild or Medium Salsa 

1 tbs Crushed Peppercorn & Garlic Rub

2 roma tomatoes 

8 0z Sour Cream

Green onions ( optional )

Tortilla Chips 

In Deep Covered Baker, break hamburger and add onion chopped with food chopper. Place in microwave for 4 minutes covered. Remove and chop hamburger with Mix n Chop, place back in microwave for 3-4 minutes until done.

Drain fat from hamburger.

Cut cheese into small cubes. Add Garlic and Peppercorn Rub , then add cubed cheese.

Pour in Salsa. Place back in microwave for 6 minutes.

Meanwhile, dice tomatoes, green onions. Place sour cream, tomatoes, and green onions in Dots Trio bowl.

Remove baker from microwave and stir !!!

(This is a yummy recipe, but I don't think I used a full 2 lbs of ground beef. It seemed like too much beef. I don't quite remember, I made it a long time ago and not for a show).

I have NOT tried doing ground beef in the DCB, only in the micro cooker. Although I'm sure it would work, I wouldn't want to wash the DCB afterword for just that. LOL

I do 1 & 1/2 - 2 pounds of ground beef in the DCB in the microwave with the lid on -- 6 minutes, mix-n-chop, 4-5 more minutes. Drain, put back into DCB and finish the recipe (ex: add sauce and pasta or taco seasoning and <<HOT>> water -- so there is no thermal shock!).Cleans up just as good as with any other food. Works great!

What is the Gb in Dcb/Micro Cooker?

The Gb in Dcb/Micro Cooker is a versatile kitchen tool from Pampered Chef that combines the functions of a pressure cooker, steamer, and microwave. It is designed to help you cook a variety of dishes quickly and easily.

How do I use the Gb in Dcb/Micro Cooker?

To use the Gb in Dcb/Micro Cooker, simply add your ingredients, secure the lid, and place it in the microwave. Follow the recipe provided or use the accompanying cooking chart for recommended cooking times. The cooker also comes with a manual that includes detailed instructions and recipes.

What are the benefits of using the Gb in Dcb/Micro Cooker?

The Gb in Dcb/Micro Cooker is a convenient and time-saving tool for busy individuals or families. It can cook food up to 60% faster than traditional methods, without sacrificing taste or quality. It also allows for healthier cooking as it requires less oil and retains more nutrients.

Is the Gb in Dcb/Micro Cooker safe to use?

Yes, the Gb in Dcb/Micro Cooker is designed with safety in mind. It has a secure lid with a pressure release valve to prevent any accidents. It is also made of BPA-free materials and is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.

Can I cook a variety of dishes in the Gb in Dcb/Micro Cooker?

Absolutely! The Gb in Dcb/Micro Cooker can cook a wide range of dishes including grains, meats, vegetables, and even desserts. With its versatile design, you can also use it for steaming, defrosting, and re-heating food. The possibilities are endless!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• imported_iteachurkid
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
almondfarm
  • pamperedlinda
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
almondfarm
  • avelissar