1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: How do YOU mail Host packets?

1. The price of postage is gonna be my early death, Im sure of it.
    How do YOU mail your Host Packet? :rolleyes:

2. reesefamily5

reesefamily5 Member

Usually because of the weight it gets sent Priority Mail which costs just over $4.00. But this is tax deductible.

Or if the host live close enough I will drive and drop it off. I have also done this and gone over the host packet with the host right away. Then I have my first host coaching call done.

Mar 9, 2006
  3. monica_sweetconsultant

monica_sweetconsultant Advanced Member Silver Member

if i can i also deliver mine and go over the packet in person. i also close out my shows in person if they dont close that night. (most do). anways if i have to mail it i usually overnight it so if they have any questions they can call and let me know

4. tiffanypc05

tiffanypc05 Advanced Member

i deliver it myself if they live close enough but if they don't i mail it first class usually costs between 3 and 4 dollars but i don't send it in a folder or anything i send specials ,3 catalogs, and show planner. my director uses a binder for hers and she uses the one price envelope. it costs her a little over four dollars

Mar 9, 2006
  5. I like to deliver mine too and go over everything in person if possible. With busy schedules, it's often not possible to I just leave it in their door. When I have to mail mine I usually send it classified as "bound, printed material" and it is much cheaper. I can send three or four catalogs for less than $2.

I haven't incorporated this yet, but I think it's a great idea to have your packets ready at the show and hand it to them that night when you know they want to book a show. So many of my hostesses are computer savvy and like for me to just e-mail them the "papers" part of the packet - outside order forms, guest/host specials, invitations (I rarely use postcards).

6. luvs2sellit

luvs2sellit Advanced Member

I have 5 packets ready to go whenever I am doing a show. When someone books I just hand them the packet. It saves alot in postage. If I book a show by phone I just mail it and it usually runs around 1.75. But I only send 1-2 catalogs.

Mar 9, 2006
  7. DebbieSAChef

DebbieSAChef Senior Member

tax deductible???

Wow it's tax deductible when we mail out our host packets, that would make sense, it's business related...that is cool!!! With two kids to home school, a toddler to tend to and a newborn to nurse, I don't usually have the time let alone the energy to pack them all up and head to the post office to wait in line forever!!!
    what about mailing out catalogs to potential customers like caterers, real estate agents, etc...does this count as tax deductible also?

Is there a tax deductiong for Ibuprofin and chocolate for when I have to deal with missing items and adjustments with the H.O.????

Just kidding... :p

Debbie

Mar 9, 2006
  8. brandenc

brandenc Member Gold Member

I usually give my host packets when they book at the show and while everyone is eating I go over the host packet a little at the show then call 2 days after while I make my other calls to the guests.

If I have to mail it I send it media Mail which is only around 2.50. With one of my other businesses I sent a 7lb package of catalogs to Kansas for only 2.66 by media mail.

If the host needs it faster I use DHL Envelope or USPS Priority Mail.

Mar 10, 2006
  9. luvs2sellit

I was told by my local USPS that I could not ship my things media mail because it contained advertising. It is basically for shipping manuscripts, teaching material etc. It is the cheapest way to go, they just would not let me do it.

Mar 10, 2006
  10. MicheleC

MicheleC Guest

Bound printed, not media mail

Laura,

I was told the same thing but I was told as long as 90% of the material in the package was catalogs I could send it bound printed matter which is in between media mail and first class mail as far as price.

Michele

Mar 10, 2006
  11. DZmom

DZmom Veteran Member

Bound Printed Matter

I ship my packets Bound Printed Matter. It takes 5 stamps or $1.85 at the PO. I mail mine from home with the stamps and I include 3 or 4 catalogs, show planner, 5 Outside Order forms, the cover letter, the Chef Recommends 5-15-5 flyer.

Mar 10, 2006
  12. luvs2sellit

Thanks Michele. I will try it next time.

Mar 10, 2006
  13. soonerchef

soonerchef Veteran Member

All postage that is business related is tax deductible. Anything for that matter that is only business related is tax deductible. Plus mileage, make sure you keep track so you can put it in your tax software or give to your accountant.

I usually buy my stamps from usps.com that way I have an online receipt for the stamps since I am great at loosing paper receipts. If I don't give out a host packet at the show I mail it to them from home, I also include the new mulit-part guest list form (in PP supply order) with a self-addressed stamped envelope for them to mail it back to me and then I address and send the invitations for the host using postcard stamps ($0.23 each).

Mar 10, 2006
Have something to add?