• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stamps.com: A Time-Saving Tool for Busy Parents?

In summary, the conversation was about the use of stamps.com and its pros and cons. The speakers shared their experiences with the service, mentioning its fees, unhelpful customer service, and alternative options such as using usps.com for free shipping labels and buying stamps at grocery stores. Some also mentioned using regular paper and packing tape for printing postage labels. Overall, many agreed that it was not worth the monthly fee and recommended using usps.com instead.
pcsharon1
Gold Member
Does anyone use stamps.com? What do you think of it? I received a special offer in the mail from them and since I am stepping up my business this year and I have a 2 year old I was thinking this may be an awesome idea for me - not having to drag a screaming 2 year old into the post office to mail 5-10 hostess packets and get rolls of stamps for invites would be really, really nice!;) Even if I only go to the PO once or twice a month and it's only 2-4 host packets, with a line in front of me it takes more time than a 25 month old can stand still for.

Re: Stamps.comI used to use it, but then I quit using it. Aside from the fees, everytime I had an issue the "help" line was everything but helpful. I finally had enough aggravation and just stopped using it. I see what you mean with kids and stuff, but you still have to pay the monthly fee on top of the stamp pricing.

You can always get a roll of stamps at usps.com perhaps go to the PO and get the flat rate envelopes for $4.80 pre-stamped .... and then just mail when you need to.

I hope that helps.

Re: Stamps.comMy post office keeps telling me to go to USPS.com. Since shipping is going to be going up AGAIN they said it would be so much cheaper for me. I asked him the one day about his commission...he said that yes they will loose out on the commision, but it would save me alot of money.

Re: Stamps.comnot worth it. I send host packets Priority and can use usps.com and print a shipping label for free (well, pay the price of postage, which is actually LESS than going to the PO). Then you just leave them out for your carrier to take. For all other things, I have a scale at home and keep a variety of stamps on hand. If you really don't want to go to the PO, you can order stamps online for just $1 shippping. You can order Priority Envelopes online for free as well.

Re: Stamps.comAdd me to the USPS.com fan club. It's user-friendly. There are no fees.

Re: Stamps.com(You guys might already know this, but I'll say it anyway.... ;) ) Also, if you just need to buy regular stamps, many grocery stores carry them with no extra fees. You just ask at customer service, and some times the check out clerks have them in their registers. Yesterday I learned on here about how you can price check which type of shipping method is cheapest online at usps.com, and then if you want to mail things by parcel post or standard first class you can go to paypal and print out postage labels there for free. You can also schedule a carrier pickup, just like on usps.com.

Re: Stamps.comI just canceled my account with stamps.com. The monthly fee wasn't worth it for the amount of times I used it.

Thanks for the USPS.com tip. Do you need special labels to print the postage on?

Re: Stamps.comI didn't know about USPS.com! I'll definately check them out and toss this offer from Stamps.com. Thanks.

Re: Stamps.com
jrny2001 said:
I just canceled my account with stamps.com. The monthly fee wasn't worth it for the amount of times I used it.

Thanks for the USPS.com tip. Do you need special labels to print the postage on?

I just print on regular paper and tape it on my priority envelopes with packing tape.

1. What is Stamps.com and how does it work?

Stamps.com is a web-based postage service that allows you to print postage directly from your computer. Simply create an account, select your postage amount, and print it onto any label or envelope using your printer.

2. Is Stamps.com only for parents?

No, Stamps.com can be used by anyone who needs to save time and hassle when it comes to mailing packages and letters. It is especially useful for busy parents who have limited time to run errands.

3. What are the benefits of using Stamps.com?

Stamps.com offers many benefits, including the ability to print postage from the comfort of your own home, avoiding long lines at the post office, and tracking packages and shipments. It also offers discounted postage rates and the convenience of printing postage for multiple carriers, such as USPS, UPS, and FedEx, all in one place.

4. How much does Stamps.com cost?

Stamps.com offers different pricing plans to fit your specific needs. The basic plan starts at $17.99 per month and includes a free scale and $5 in free postage. There are also no long-term contracts, so you can cancel at any time.

5. Is it easy to use Stamps.com?

Yes, Stamps.com is user-friendly and does not require any special equipment or training. With just a few clicks, you can print postage, track packages, and manage your shipping needs efficiently. Plus, our customer support team is available to assist you with any questions or issues.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
crissy11
Replies
Views
Serendi
  • heat123
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies