• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Business/Supply Items Tools Do You Use?

I don't know...a home? I would also recommend getting a stamp or sticker labels for the catalogs. You can stamp a bunch at once & you're done-not to mention to stamp all of the order forms.
Grey
What Business Tools/Supply Items Do You Use Most?Hi There!

I just signed up last week and haven't even gotten my kit yet, but I was looking at the Merrill website to decide what I need to order.

I know I need business cards (once I get my PC Debit card number, I will get my website and then order my business cards). What else do I need?

1. Do you all label or stamp your catalogs? Where did you get your labels/stamps?
  2. Would the PC lap boards be a good investment? I think they look really nice, but I am not sure if it would be worth it.
  3. What are some business items you can't live without?

Thanks!!

Last edited:
I would def. get a stamp with your name and number. It'll get really old handwritting your name and number on all your If nothing else, get the stamp!
Rebecca

1. I would get a stamp (there are cheaper in the long run). I got mine through Merrill but would recommend looking else where. The print is very small to read.
2. I use guest folders that I buy every season to change colors but boards would be a cheaper investment I think.
3.My catalog tote with a clear pouch in front. Carrying totes to and from shows (I am soon investing in the Rolling tote next month). Shelf closet organizers (as all of my PC things are in it) instead of all over the floor in my office. That's all I can think of right now.

Welcome and Good luck!

Definitely get a stamp or sticker labels for the catalogs. You can stamp a bunch at once & you're done-not to mention to stamp all of the order forms.

I would also get file cabinets or drawer organizers for your paperwork, etc.

I recently bought the lap boards. I love them-lots of comments about how nice they look. I like that I can just fill them up & don't have to waste time passing out tons of papers. They are very durable.

Grey said:
Hi There!

I just signed up last week and haven't even gotten my kit yet, but I was looking at the Merrill website to decide what I need to order.

I know I need business cards (once I get my PC Debit card number, I will get my website and then order my business cards). What else do I need?

1. Do you all label or stamp your catalogs? Where did you get your labels/stamps?
  2. Would the PC lap boards be a good investment? I think they look really nice, but I am not sure if it would be worth it.
  3. What are some business items you can't live without?

Thanks!!

In the beginning I stamped all my catalogs but found the ysmudge easily...and with guests holding a drink in one hand and a catalog in the other my info was getting smudged and blurred by the time they took the catty home. Now I print my own labels on Avery 5160 size (cheaper to buy Office Max/Office Depot brand). I use my stamp to put my info on sales receipts.

I bought 24 lapboards after about 6 months in the business...but quickly got tired of hauling all that extra weight...and VERY tired of stuffing and restuffing them after every show...and then when I had shows with more than 24 guests I wa sin a pickle...so I sold them. Now each guest gets a catty with an order form in it and a pen.

Business items I can't live without:
*calculator (soon to be replaced by a laptop though)
*tons of pens
*paperclips
*paper & printer ink
* 9x11" envelopes to mail catalogs and hostess packets

this might be a silly question but i am new to pc and haven't even got my kit yet. what is a catty? all i have seen are the lap boards.:eek:

As far as putting your info on your catalogs and other items, I go to www.superfastprinting.com where you can order address labels...350 at a time and just pay shipping. That way I don't have to worry about smudging and I think it's faster to put the stickers on than it is to stamp it.

Instead of buying lap boards, I went cheap and bought inexpensive 3 ring binders with pockets in a pack of 6 and cut the ring portion out and voila, 2 lap boards from 1 binder!

I highly recommend getting some kind of stacking trays or organizers for all your fliers, order forms, show planners, etc so that you can print (or copy) things you need to put in host packets and recruiting packets and easily have them accessible when you need them.

Another thing that I really like to have are magnetic business cards. I just use the peel and stick magnets b/c I have so many business cards to use up. I put them in all my host and recruiting packets so they have my info on their fridge. In sight any time they're in the kitchen, right where I want to be.

Last edited:
Pamprd_Heather said:
Another thing that I really like to have are magnetic business cards. I just use the peel and stick magnets b/c I have so many business cards to use up. I put them in all my host and recruiting packets so they have my info on their fridge. In sight any time they're in the kitchen, right where I want to be.

OOoooooh yeah - couldn't live w/o these!!!
I give one to every hostess...I love going to her house and seeing my card on her fridge!!

I actually found a great (and cheap) stamp through Vistaprint.com. I also ordered my business cards through them and was able to upload the PC logo. They turned out really nice! Plus Vista Print has notecards, thank-yous, and a whole bunch of other stationary.

As far as labels for my catalogs, I just did them on the computer with plain white adress labels.

JWorks said:
this might be a silly question but i am new to pc and haven't even got my kit yet. what is a catty? all i have seen are the lap boards.:eek:

catty = catelog :)

I have the lap boards and am still on the fence about them, but I don't like the cheap folders that the office supply stores have, either. At conference in one workshop the presenter was talking about how she uses the three-part theme show folder that are $1 each on supply order -- I thought that would be a good idea, but I was worried that it would be too busy with all the paperwork in it, and sometimes I'm not doing the theme show!!!

I use those little plastic chests of drawers for my catalog storage, invitations, and other paperwork. I also have a three-ring binder on my desk that has pocket dividers where I keep recruiting flyers, educational info, etc.

I got a really cool rolling catalog case on ebay -- it's like a salesman's sample case, looks like a really big briefcase with a flat top -- but it rolls and it is the same material that they make suitcases out of now. It has plenty of space for catalogs, two extra pockets to keep host packets and recruiting packets so I can just hand them out at shows, and some extra pockets for files and additional things.

I am going to invest in the show to go -- I use a rolling yarn tote that I bought at Joann's but it just doesn't hold enough, and I really want to go into my shows in ONE trip.

I use manilla file pockets for my show paperwork -- the individual order forms plus the door prize drawing slips. Once the info from them gets logged into my customer care folder, they go into the pocket and are filed.

This didn't happen overnight -- it has taken me six months to get it figured out!!!

I too did the cut the binders in 1/2 thing. They were 97 cents at Wally world so that was like 50 cents each vs. $2 something for lap boards. And ppl are still impressed!

Call me cheap, but I just use good old brown file folders for my guests; I just stick a catty, order form, & whatever other flyer I choose to put in. Inexpensive & lightweight!
Of course you gotta have business cards! I love mine that I got from Merrill.
I also thought my cattys were getting smudged when I was stamping them, so I've switched to printing labels for them. I still use my stamp for mailings that I do though.
Another thing I couldn't live without...my computer! I didn't have one the first 2 1/2 years-did everything by hand. My computer has been my best investment!

dannyzmom said:
In the beginning I stamped all my catalogs but found the ysmudge easily...and with guests holding a drink in one hand and a catalog in the other my info was getting smudged and blurred by the time they took the catty home. Now I print my own labels on Avery 5160 size (cheaper to buy Office Max/Office Depot brand). I use my stamp to put my info on sales receipts.
Are you using a Laser or Inkjet printer? I still find my labels will smudge because I am using an inkjet.I guess I could save my labels file to a disk and take it to a copy center and have them printed on a laser printer if I really thought it was a problem!

Last edited:
I take 3 ring "Clear View" binders and slice the "spine" out of the binder - leaving me with 2 lapboards. In the clear pocket on the outside, I'll put a recruiting promotion or a hosting flyer. Inside, a color outside order form w/my name already printed on it (a girl in our cluster makes these every month, and we just have to adjust our names/info on them), a catalog, and a host flyer.I buy the Merril consultant labels in two kinds. One for my address labels, and one with just my name/phone/email/website for using on my catalogs and I also put them on invitations (along with a sticker from Nancy's that says Bring a Friend..)
I take my laptop to my shows... and I really enjoy having that. I use the Franklin Covey Consultant planner, too.

jasonmva said:
I actually found a great (and cheap) stamp through Vistaprint.com. I also ordered my business cards through them and was able to upload the PC logo. They turned out really nice! Plus Vista Print has notecards, thank-yous, and a whole bunch of other stationary.

All of these posts have been really great ideas...I especially like the Celebration Folder idea.

I must say to Jason, though, that this is against company policy. While we are allowed to use the TPC logo ourselves, we are not allowed to send it to an outside company to use. I know that's referenced somewhere in the Recipe for Success, but I'm not sure where, and it's upstairs while I'm downstairs.

I wouldn't worry about it for what you have already gotten, but definitely stay away from that for the future.

HTH!

What Business/Supply Items Tools Do You Use?

At Pampered Chef, we use a variety of business and supply items tools to help us run our business efficiently and effectively. Here are the top 5 frequently asked questions about the tools we use:

1. What type of payment methods do you accept?

We accept all major credit cards, including Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. We also accept PayPal and personal checks for certain transactions.

2. What software do you use for inventory management?

We use a customized inventory management software that allows us to track our stock levels, monitor sales, and automatically reorder products when needed. This helps us ensure that we always have the products our customers want in stock.

3. How do you handle shipping and fulfillment?

We have partnered with trusted shipping providers to handle all of our shipping and fulfillment needs. This allows us to offer fast and reliable shipping to our customers at competitive rates.

4. Do you have a customer loyalty program?

Yes, we have a customer loyalty program called "Chef's Circle" which rewards our loyal customers with exclusive discounts, early access to new products, and special perks.

5. What tools do you use for customer communication and support?

We use a combination of email, phone, and social media to communicate with our customers. We also have a dedicated customer support team who are available to assist with any questions or concerns our customers may have.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tracy99
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kristina16marie
  • NewtoMom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • chefkacey