• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Some Advice on Staying Consistant and Organizeda`

In summary, my friend and I discussed the idea of spending one night a week making my calls and stuff. Then, the next day, I will spend a few hours with paperwork, etc. That way I can mail out host packets, post cards etc that resulted from my calls the previous night.
linojackie
I have been doing PC for almost 2 years now. I have the potential to be really good at it. I've got a team of 4 and had some really great months. But I am having some serious trouble with consistancy. Long term, I would love to make enough income to keep this as a full time job after my little kids are old enough to go to school, but at this rate, I don't see it happening. My office is a disaster (even when I clean it, it only lasts a week) and I tell people I'll give them a call on such-and-such day, and 2 weeks later, I remember that I forgot! I'm losing parties and potential recruits left and right because I can't get a steady routine developed. And to make matters worse, I am still trying to convince my husband that I can earn enough to cover my expenses and make it worth my time.

My friend and I discussed the idea of spending one night a week making my calls and stuff. Then, the next day, I will spend a few hours with paperwork, etc. That way I can mail out host packets, post cards etc that resulted from my calls the previous night.

Any other suggestions? Especially some on keeping leads organized, having host packets ready without wasting paper, storing old show ppwk, etc. I know there are some of you out there that are super good at all this stuff and I appreciate any help you can give! Thanks!

First of all I need help with organizing the office too. WHAT A MESS I HAVE!

As far as calls and such. Write the promise you are making on the calendar as you are making it and then look at the calendar every day. Make it a habit.

Also, go to your calendar and write in your commitments: work, kids things, everything. Pick times that you can SCHEDULE office hours and DO IT. Those are now work hours. Revisit it at a set time every week and tweek as necessary.

That's a start anyway...

I would set Office Hours first - this way you are committed and your family knows you are and will hopefully respect that. Then you can do what needs to be done on that particular day - tidying up your office,

Keep in control of your calendar. Make off family time/appts, show dates, free (personal)days, Team days/times, Host Coaching, CCC, and then office time (for doing up Host Packages, labels, etc.)

I have a binder that has my calendar, scraps of paper for notes, and a sheet I made up with Adjustment/Ref. #, MIA Hosts, etc. This is a binder that I use often - so I have a lot of current info in it. That way, I don't have tons of little notes everywhere that can get lost. I also write MOST things down in my calendar because then I KNOW where they are.

I seem to have to set time out for Desk Organizing once every 2 weeks because with having 2 small kids - it easily gets outta control and needs some 'sprucing up' :)

if you don't like it all on your calendar set up a tickler file with divided tabs one for each day of the month in a recipe box
on index cards write down everything that needs to be done ( on the 11th close Melanie)
(16th mail Sara's packet) etc
Each day pull the card for that day only and check off when you complete something
(flip the card over for next month) there is a great thread on here about organization and offices

stefani2 said:
I would set Office Hours first - this way you are committed and your family knows you are and will hopefully respect that. Then you can do what needs to be done on that particular day - tidying up your office,

Keep in control of your calendar. Make off family time/appts, show dates, free (personal)days, Team days/times, Host Coaching, CCC, and then office time (for doing up Host Packages, labels, etc.)

I have a binder that has my calendar, scraps of paper for notes, and a sheet I made up with Adjustment/Ref. #, MIA Hosts, etc. This is a binder that I use often - so I have a lot of current info in it. That way, I don't have tons of little notes everywhere that can get lost. I also write MOST things down in my calendar because then I KNOW where they are. :)

On top of all this, you could invest in Microsoft Office Pro, it is an all in one stay organized suite, I love it and keeps me in line with my Pampered Partner and reminders.
Just a thought.
Cheers

Teresa Lynn said:
there is a great thread on here about organization and offices

Is there a link to this thread?

1. How can I stay consistent with my meal planning and prep?

One way to stay consistent with meal planning and prep is to create a weekly or monthly schedule. Set aside specific days for meal planning, grocery shopping, and meal prep. This will help you stay organized and on track.

2. What are some tips for staying organized in the kitchen?

Invest in storage containers and labels to keep your pantry and fridge organized. Use a meal planning whiteboard or app to keep track of your grocery list and meal schedule. Also, regularly declutter and clean your kitchen to maintain a clutter-free and functional space.

3. How can I avoid getting overwhelmed with cooking and cleaning?

Prioritize tasks and break them down into smaller, manageable chunks. For example, prep ingredients for multiple meals at once and freeze them for easy future use. Also, involve family members in meal prep and cleaning to lighten the workload.

4. How do I keep track of recipes and cooking tips?

Create a recipe binder or use a recipe organization app to keep all your favorite recipes in one place. You can also write down cooking tips and tricks in a notebook or use sticky notes to mark pages in cookbooks.

5. What are some ways to save time in the kitchen?

Invest in time-saving kitchen gadgets, such as a food chopper or slow-cooker. Plan and prep meals in advance to minimize cooking time during busy weekdays. Also, make use of leftovers by turning them into new dishes or freezing them for future meals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pchockeymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefJeniLobdell
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
priscilla
  • barbchan