• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Perfect Example Needing to Do the Oob Calls

Brenda is in the running to be a contestant on a reality tv show. She is trying out for the season that will air in January. Brenda contacted one customer last week and the customer told her that she didn't like her new Veggie Wedger. Brenda went to the customer's house to check the product and found that the customer was using it wrong. The customer then decided to love the product. Brenda also brought a catalog and a host packet to the meeting and the customer booked a show for September 4th. Brenda is hoping to bring the Ridged Baker, the Bamboo Turnabout, the Small Knife Block Set, the Simple Slicer, and the Chip Maker to the show.
Brenda.the.chef
Gold Member
Hi all..
I've been out of the loop for a while and hope to share some exciting news with you in the next couple of weeks. I can tell you that I'm in the running to be a contestant on a reality tv show, but that is all I can say at this point. Keep your fingers crossed!?!

That said, my business suffered somewhat while doing the audition process, but I did manage to make some Out of the Box calls last week. I asked one customer how she liked her new products and she told me that she hated her Veggie Wedger! What? She told me that it didn't cut all the way through and was very disappointed in it. Since she lives only a few blocks away from me, I drove over to check it out. Turns out she was using it wrong....with a cutting board instead of the actual base!

When I showed her how to use it correctly, she decided that she now loves it! Of course I brought our new catalog with me and a host packet and she booked a show for September 4th. She wants the ridged baker, the bamboo turnabout, the smaller knife block set, the simple slicer and the chip maker so we've got our work cut out for us!

Dang girl! That's cool!

Good luck on the reality show and congrats on a happy customer too! :D

Wahoo!! That is awesome!

Rock on Brenda! Looking forward to hearing an update and seeing you on tv. Congrats on making the call, meeting your customer's needs and snagging a host in the process!

I had a hostess who was on My Strange Addiction a couple of weeks ago...

crissy11 said:
Now that's scary!!!

Yeah, let us all know if you make it so we can vote for you -- if its that kind of show! :D

Sandi

crissy11 said:

Ummmm...what was her addiction?

nikked said:
Ummmm...what was her addiction?

And did you know when you did the show? My mind is reeling!

This show is on NBC. Tuesday evenings. The next season airs September 20. I'm trying out for the season that will air in January. I won't be able to post anything specific unfortunately. All I can say is that I should know by the end of September if I'm a finalist. If you don't hear from me for a long time, then I'm a contestant.

Way to go Brenda - totally cool. I hope you get selected!!

Crissy11 - is her addiction PC?! That would be an awesome host addiction to have! Or perhaps she EATS her PC products! Then she has to keep replacing them!

no it was eating her husband's ashes!!!!! I have done alot of shows with her and her family and could not believe she would do that!!!

crissy11 said:
no it was eating her husband's ashes!!!!! I have done alot of shows with her and her family and could not believe she would do that!!!

I don't think I'd be doing any more shows at HER house. YUCK!!!!:yuck:
Why would someone admit that?! and why hasn't she been committed yet? (joking...sort of :confused:)

she supposedly went to therapy and is "cured"... she is a little off her rocker... she has wanted to be on TV since she was a teenager and tried to get on Montel Williams but they wouldn't call her. so this made the season finale for Strange Addiction... crazy!!!

Crissy ... that is so CREEPY! Everybody I know was talking about that episode ... I could not IMAGINE saying to myself, "Wait a minute, I was in that woman's house!"

very creepy...... I find that show really disturbing! Did she get paid to be on it?

Brenda - good luck!! And congratulations with the successful OOB Call! That's awesome!

crissy11 said:

OMG!!! I totally heard about that!!!

Oh, and let's hope that she wasn't using them as a special seasoning or anything during the show lol

The Biggest Loser! I love that show, good luck!

1. What is meant by "Perfect Example Needing to Do the Oob Calls"?

"Perfect Example Needing to Do the Oob Calls" refers to a scenario where it is necessary to perform out-of-band (OOB) calls, which are communication requests that occur outside of the main program flow. This can happen when there is a need to prioritize certain tasks or when a particular function needs to be executed immediately.

2. Why do we need to do Oob calls?

Oob calls are needed when there is a need for time-sensitive or critical tasks to be performed. By making these calls outside of the main program flow, we can ensure that these tasks are given priority and are executed as soon as possible.

3. How do Oob calls differ from in-band calls?

Oob calls differ from in-band calls in that they occur outside of the main program flow, whereas in-band calls occur within the main program flow. Oob calls are typically used for time-sensitive or critical tasks, while in-band calls are used for regular program execution.

4. What are some examples of when Oob calls may be needed?

Oob calls may be needed in situations such as sending emergency notifications to users, processing urgent transactions, or handling system errors that require immediate attention. They can also be used for tasks that require a higher level of security or for managing real-time data updates.

5. What are some best practices for implementing Oob calls?

Some best practices for implementing Oob calls include properly prioritizing tasks, using asynchronous communication methods, and handling errors effectively. It is also important to thoroughly test and monitor these calls to ensure they are functioning correctly and not causing any performance issues.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Maggievl
  • byrd1956
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76