• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mail Smart: Home Postal Solutions for USPS.com Users

is only $4.60 - and that includes delivery confirmation. I do everything online through USPS.com. You can even order the FREE flat-rate envelopes and have them delivered to you.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I just purchased a postal scale because I'm sick of running to the PO all the time. Who uses usps.com to mail their host packets, etc? Does the postage just print out on your home printer and you tape it on? Which program through USPS.com do you use? I noticed stamps.com had a service but I'm betting the have a monthly fee. They had another one, I think it was ClickNShip which doesn't require a fee.

Stamps.com has a monthly fee. ClicknShip through the USPS does not.

I used to use stamps.com but they p---ed me off. And when I called for the refund about 2 weeks into my cycle they told me I had to wait til the end of my cycle to cancel. I called at the end of my cycle and they charged me the full amount of the cycle (apparently their cycles run weird). I was so mad, I could have saved money.

Plus the never sent my free scale or anything. I had trouble reprinting postage and then I had to mail in a claim. It was a P-I-T-A!

Anyway...I will try usps.com but I am not eager to do so.

You can only print Priority and above at usps.com. But if you know the weight, you can check rates and affix the appropriate postage yourself--it helps to buy stamps in various denominations.

I print my labels from Paypal. I use the multishipping area. My host packs always weigh the same, so I have a preset that I select from and enter the host's address. I use Avery 5126 shipping labels, but when I run out i just use regular paper and glue it on the envelop. I never go to the Post Office. My packets are picket up with the regular mail, or I drop them in a blue box if I am going out. Paypal charges a small bit, I think it is 18 cents, but it is worth it.

That 18 cent charge through PayPal is actually to cover Delivery Confirmation, but you can't get the postage without it.

I have been using a personal postage printer from Pitney Bowes for about a year now. The printer hooks into a USB port, and was free. I pay $8.95 per month, but I can print exactly the amount of postage I need. So if I need $1.67 in postage I print a stamp for $1.67. There is an online postage calculator directly from the site I use, and I have never had anything returned by the P.O. I think $8.95 a month is totally worth it to me to have to NOT go to the P.O and stand in line. If you want more information go to the Pitney Bowes website. I love it. I even print stamps with a logo, picture, or message on it.

I use USPS for all of my host packets. I send them in a priority flat rate envelope, which I get free at the post office. I print the label off on my printer and I use a glue stick to attach. It is really easy. The post man picks them all up on my front porch.

cincychef said:
I use USPS for all of my host packets. I send them in a priority flat rate envelope, which I get free at the post office. I print the label off on my printer and I use a glue stick to attach. It is really easy. The post man picks them all up on my front porch.
How much is it to ship them priority? I already pay $4.80 or so to mail mine.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I usually don't stand in line at the PO because we have Automated Postal Centers in the PO's around my house. My worst thing is trying to make the cut off at the one closest to my house when I get off work. It always seems that someone sends something and I need to get them out today (like my host who just gave me the guest list for a show on Monday!). If I don't make the one closest to me, I have to drive further to the one that is available later. Or there are times that the APC is out of function like today then I had to stand in line. I thought I would see if it did any good and take it back after a while if it didn't.

Priority for a flat-rate envelope is only $4.60 - and that includes delivery confirmation. I do everything online through USPS.com. You can even order the FREE flat-rate envelopes and have them delivered to you.

ljeffries said:
Priority for a flat-rate envelope is only $4.60 - and that includes delivery confirmation. I do everything online through USPS.com. You can even order the FREE flat-rate envelopes and have them delivered to you.
Good to know!

I use Endicia.com They have a 9.95 monthly fee but I just print onto paper and glue on the envelopes. They keep up with your postage all year and you just print it out for taxes. I have used them for 4 years now with no problems. It verifies every address to make sure it is right for you.

1. What is Mail Smart and how does it benefit USPS.com users?

Mail Smart is a program offered by Pampered Chef that provides home postal solutions for users of USPS.com. It allows users to easily print shipping labels, track packages, and manage their mailing needs all in one place. This saves time and streamlines the mailing process for USPS.com users.

2. Can I use Mail Smart for both domestic and international shipments?

Yes, Mail Smart is designed to work for both domestic and international shipments. You can easily select the destination country and print the necessary customs forms through the program.

3. How do I sign up for Mail Smart?

If you are a Pampered Chef consultant, you can access Mail Smart through your consultant portal. If you are a customer, you can sign up for Mail Smart through your consultant's personal website or by contacting them directly.

4. Is there a fee to use Mail Smart?

No, Mail Smart is a free program offered by Pampered Chef to help streamline the mailing process for USPS.com users.

5. Can I use Mail Smart for all types of packages and mail classes?

Yes, Mail Smart is compatible with all types of packages and mail classes offered by USPS. This includes First Class, Priority, Express, and Media Mail.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Becca_in_MD
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Kathytnt
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • jcsmilez