• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Vacuum Woes - Got a Great Deal Today!

In summary, the vacuum cleaner that was only 1 1/2 years old bit the dust, so the manufacturer offered to mail us a replacment motor. My husband has been so sick the past month, he has not had time to fix it. Then I read some reviews on line and one person stated she took hers to a vacuum repair shop and they had to ship it out to be fixed. They said the wires were too short to work with! Another person stated she got a great deal on a vacuum cleaner at KMart and it uses a bag. I decided to ask a sales rep. if they had any other vacuums with an unopened box. He said to me "I'm sorry to say this is the
pampchefrhondab
Hi Everyone,

You may remember my vacuum that was only 1 1/2 years old bit the dust. The manufacturer offered to mail us a replacment motor. We got it as promised, but my hubby has been so sick the past month, he has not had time to fix it!:cry: Then I read some reviews on line. One person stated she took hers to a vacuum repair shop and they had to ship it out to be fixed. They said the wires were too short to work with!:yuck: She also said the repair shop said the motor is too small for the size of the vacuum! I'm a little worried my hubby won't be able to fix it after all!

I had purchased a very smalll Dirt Devil (the size for a small apartment or house trailer) and have been using it for over a month. It picks up good, but is a pain in the *** since I have to empty it all the time since it's bagless!!! It also clogs all the time!

I have been trying to decide if I should buy a replacement vacuum or not. I really like the one I had:rolleyes: ! I stopped by K-Mart today and was looking at features, etc. of vacuums. They had a Eureka Boss Smart which I had read Consumer Reports gave a good rating on. I also liked it because it was the only one that uses a bag (hard to find) - I decided I don't like the bagless! The only one they had was opened, but it looked like all the parts were there. I decided to ask a sales rep. if they had any others w/an unopened box. He said to me, "I'm sorry to say this is the only one we have, but it will ring up at $30!!!!:eek: I of course said, "I'll take it!" It was normally $150. I actually ended up getting it for $20 because I had a $10 coupon if I used my Sears card!!!

I brought it home and used it already tonight. It worked great. I still like my old one better and want my hubby to fix it, but this will work for now and I'll save it for when my daughter moves out. She is 18 and starting college next year.

Just thought I would share my story. I have to say this is probably the biggest bargain I have ever gotten!

Last edited:
Wow, what a great deal! I love finding bargins like that. My vaccuum hasn't been picking up like it used to. I've had it 5 years and it's always been great until recently. Seems to only get the surface dirt. I replaced the belt and it helped a little. I have a toddler and a good vaccuum is a must. :)

Ok, I'm confused. How did you use your Sears card at KMart? We don't have KMart here so if this is something they accept, sorry. lol

Great bargain! I need a new one, too. My Kenmore is about 8 years old and not picking up so great anymore.

[Rain Man] Vacuums suck. Kmart sucks. Vacuums suck. [/Rain Man]

RebelChef said:
Ok, I'm confused. How did you use your Sears card at KMart? We don't have KMart here so if this is something they accept, sorry. lol

Great bargain! I need a new one, too. My Kenmore is about 8 years old and not picking up so great anymore.
You can use Sears cards at KMart here too! They must be owned by the same parent company or something...just my guess!:)

Yes, Sears bought KMart a while back.

I got a great deal a few months ago too!
I had a dinosaur of a electrolux for years (came with the house!) then right before Christmas while DH was at work (he works for the DPW) during recyle day a elderly couple drove up and asked him if he could help unload the "too heavy for us vacum" it was a brand new electrolux ! with all the attachments!
needless to say that went right into DH's truck.

whoever thought there would come a day we would be excited about vacums (& kitchen products!!) ;)

Don't worry about it. You're not officially old until you're comparing surgeries and ailments.

reba515 said:
I got a great deal a few months ago too!
I had a dinosaur of a electrolux for years (came with the house!) then right before Christmas while DH was at work (he works for the DPW) during recyle day a elderly couple drove up and asked him if he could help unload the "too heavy for us vacum" it was a brand new electrolux ! with all the attachments!
needless to say that went right into DH's truck.

whoever thought there would come a day we would be excited about vacums (& kitchen products!!) ;)

Your deal was better then mine! I wanted an electrolux before they were sold and closed the plant in Michigan:grumpy:! The new ones in the stores now are not the same!

The wife and I purchased a Dyson at Bed Bath & Beyond a few months back and absolutely love it. It never loses suction and easy to empty. It may be a little on the expensive side but so definately worth it. You get what you pay for.

vtodd71 said:
The wife and I purchased a Dison at Bed Bath & Beyond a few months back and absolutely love it. It never loses suction and easy to empty. It may be a little on the expensive side but so definately worth it. You get what you pay for.

Yeah, I considered a Dyson as well, but I don't have the money to spend right now. I'm trying to pay down debt! My oldest is starting college in just a few months too!:yuck:

pampchefrhondab said:
Yeah, I considered a Dyson as well, but I don't have the money to spend right now. I'm trying to pay down debt! My oldest is starting college in just a few months too!:yuck:

We saved for a few months and broke down and purchased it. Nobody said you had to get it right now. I think it is worth every penny we paid.

Good luck on your oldest going to college. I hope they are getting lots of scholarships for your sake. :D

vtodd71 said:
We saved for a few months and broke down and purchased it. Nobody said you had to get it right now. I think it is worth every penny we paid.

Good luck on your oldest going to college. I hope they are getting lots of scholarships for your sake. :D

Yeah, that's why I purchased the one I got. Just to get me by for now, cheap to boot (gotta love that)! I really liked the one I had and am missing some of its features, so hopefully we can salvage it sometime.

We are trying for those scholarships! Just started applying for many of them (including the PC one). Hopefully she will get something!

What a great deal!

vtodd71 said:
The wife and I purchased a Dyson at Bed Bath & Beyond a few months back and absolutely love it. It never loses suction and easy to empty. It may be a little on the expensive side but so definately worth it. You get what you pay for.

I absolutely LOVE my Dyson! I have a black lab who sheds and sheds and sheds...I'm telling you, every time I vacuum I pick up a whole Annie :) I didn't realize how crappy my old vacuum was until I got my Dyson...now I'm spoiled. I'll never go back :)

iteachurkid said:
I absolutely LOVE my Dyson! I have a black lab who sheds and sheds and sheds...I'm telling you, every time I vacuum I pick up a whole Annie :) I didn't realize how crappy my old vacuum was until I got my Dyson...now I'm spoiled. I'll never go back :)

We have 3 cats and 2 dogs so I feel your pain. Yes! We love our Dyson too and feel very spoiled. We will never go back either. ;)

We LOVE LOVE LOVE our Dyson. Never realized how much cat hair/dust/and "stuff" our old heap of junk missed :)

ughubug said:
We LOVE LOVE LOVE our Dyson. Never realized how much cat hair/dust/and "stuff" our old heap of junk missed :)

I know. When we first got our Dyson we used our old vacum in one spot. Then we went over the same spot with the Dyson. You should have seen all the crap that came up. It was like we hadn't even used the first vacum.

I tell you people! Dyson is the way to go! :D

1. How does this vacuum compare to other popular brands?

The vacuum we offer is backed by Pampered Chef's quality guarantee and is designed specifically for the needs of our customers. It may not have all the same features as other brands, but it is sure to provide efficient and effective cleaning.

2. Can I use this vacuum on all types of flooring?

Yes, our vacuum is designed to work on all types of flooring, including carpet, hardwood, tile, and more. It has adjustable settings to ensure the best cleaning for each type of surface.

3. Is this vacuum easy to clean and maintain?

Yes, our vacuum is designed to be user-friendly and easy to maintain. It has a detachable dustbin for easy emptying and cleaning, and the filters are washable for long-term use.

4. Does this vacuum come with any additional attachments?

Yes, our vacuum comes with a variety of attachments for different cleaning needs, including a crevice tool, dusting brush, and pet hair tool. These attachments can easily be stored on the vacuum for convenience.

5. What is the warranty for this vacuum?

Our vacuum comes with a 1-year warranty that covers any defects or malfunctions. If you encounter any issues with your vacuum, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJessica95765
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • chefann
  • General Chat
Replies