• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can We Be More Positive and Supportive in Our Online Community?

In summary, Yahoo! is reporting that there is still no news on the last triple points date. There are some consultants who are hopeful that it will be the 31st, but no one knows for sure. There are also some winners in advance who are anxiously awaiting the announcement.
annew
ok so any news yet on the last triple points date???!!!

:D

annew said:
ok so any news yet on the last triple points date???!!!

:D
Nope... I have the newswire page on CC open but it's not up there yet...last week it
was sometime between 3 and 5 that it was posted on CC and a bit after that when the email came.

I'm REALLY keeping my fingers crossed on this one!!!!!

I submitted my last show on March 31 so I am very confident I am finished earning extra points. However, I was awarded over 3,700 extra points so no complaints from me. I hope some of you hit it big!

So you don't think they have chosen the 31st huh? :) Why not... :)
It was supposed to be random you know! :) It will be wonderful for some
no matter what day it is... hopefully it's lots of consultants! We all need to
see eachother at Disney!

I'm not complaining either but I did put in 3 shows 1 each day 29-31 :)
I'm crossing my fingers for us ALL!!!!

It's April 3!!!!!!!!!! Any Winners????? It's not me but Congratulations in Advance to any of you who are!!!!!!!!

I'm a looking!!! When I see it, I'll post it if someone else hasn't!

quiverfull7 said:
It's April 3!!!!!!!!!! Any Winners????? It's not me but Congratulations in Advance to any of you who are!!!!!!!!

Yup it's April 3rd!! I'm not a winner!

:( I submitted my stuff on the 4th. Grrrrrr... really wanted (needed) those points.Oh well... such is life!

Oh man...............no luck here....

:cry: Nothing for me on April 3rd.

nope, did on the 1st and 2nd, no triple points for me, oh well =(

I submitted a $300 show that day!! I only hit one other day for a $178 catalog order......Anything helps!

gaddischef said:
I submitted a $300 show that day!! I only hit one other day for a $178 catalog order......Anything helps!

Yahoo! Congratulations!!!!!!

gaddischef said:

HOORAY for YOU! It is a great feeling, isn't it!

gaddischef said:

CONGRATS!!!!! :party:

Nope, I put in $300 on April 2nd. Figures!

I had a consultant get excited because she did submit one on April 3rd, but I had to explain to her that it was only a March party that was submitted that day and her party was an April one.:(

Sorry to be suspicious, but I really wonder if HO didn't look at the sales an pick the lowest days for show submitted. I just wonder....:)

baychef said:
I had a consultant get excited because she did submit one on April 3rd, but I had to explain to her that it was only a March party that was submitted that day and her party was an April one.:(

I did the same thing! Oh well!!

I know this is going to sound like sour grapes but personally I think this is the stupidest promotion they have ever done and the final date made absolutely no sense. We are encouraged to send shows in as they are held - not hold them hoping to pick the right date to submit. We are told that we are rewarded according to the level we work. Incentives are meant to reward hard work. That's what the new business plan is all about. So why did they do an incentive that essentially was gambling? Getting us excited and anticipating rewards on something that we have no control over is crazy. If everyone doesn't have an equal chance to earn something I don't want to "win" it either.

As far as the last date was concerned - that really angered me. Month after month we are told we can't EARN an incentive if the show isn't in by the last day even if the show is held the last day and then they do a chance drawing three days into the new month and we're supposed to be excited about it. Sheesh.

Can you tell I never gamble?

I guess I view this much differently. I worked for a few companies that treated their employees like crap (and that is putting it nicely). I could go on for HOURS about how mistreated I was verbally, the number of hours I worked overtime and never got paid, the bouncing paychecks, etc.

Things like this that HO does for us is a BONUS. They aren't required to offer us anything above and beyond what we earn.

As frustrated as you are Beth about how you feel about what they offered, I feel just as frustrated by the complaints.

I'd hate to see the special promotions go away and if they receive enough complaints, they will throw their hands in the air and give up offering them to us.

But it's really not this promotion, is it? If you look back at a lot of your posts since Leadership, you've been down on HO about a lot of things? What's that about? Have you lost faith in the company or your business? You weren't happy with the new career plan, HO didn't get the director agreements out in a timely manner... etc. It's sad to me that you're so bummed out! :(

I don't gamble either but this promotion didn't offend or disappoint me. It is what it is... they drew random dates and some received the random bonus. Yes, HO does encourage us to hold and submit in the month, yet the guidelines clearly outlined that consultants had until April 4th to submit.

I guess my question is what is it that is really causing you to be so down on PC? Is it really the triple point bonus?

PS: The reason I'm posting my response here is that I'm sure others feel as you do and maybe we can be proactive and see how we can look at things in a positive light when we struggle with something.

I can see both points -- Some people really "cashed in" with this promotion and PC offering TRIPLE points is awesome!! I was a little stressed during the month because I wanted those triple points SO badly! I guess I look at it like a fun way for PC to encourage people to hold and submit shows and hopefully, get more people to Disney.

bethcooks4u said:
I know this is going to sound like sour grapes but personally I think this is the stupidest promotion they have ever done and the final date made absolutely no sense. We are encouraged to send shows in as they are held - not hold them hoping to pick the right date to submit. We are told that we are rewarded according to the level we work. Incentives are meant to reward hard work. That's what the new business plan is all about. So why did they do an incentive that essentially was gambling? Getting us excited and anticipating rewards on something that we have no control over is crazy. If everyone doesn't have an equal chance to earn something I don't want to "win" it either.

As far as the last date was concerned - that really angered me. Month after month we are told we can't EARN an incentive if the show isn't in by the last day even if the show is held the last day and then they do a chance drawing three days into the new month and we're supposed to be excited about it. Sheesh.

Can you tell I never gamble?

Thank you.

I really thought this was a fun and creative promotion! I was fortunate to earn extra points, but I could have vey easily totally missed out and I was fine with that.

It was not gambling because in gambling you put something in and sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. If you submitted any sales you received points towards the trip. Therefore you won! You could not lose - so this was not gambling. Some people just got extra points. To me just the thought of getting anything extra was so exciting!

I like to think I am a rather positive person. Seeing HO bashed ALWAYS bothers me - ALOT! Quite honestly that is one of the main reasons I rarely read the threads on Chef Success. I believe venting is fine, but the line can get crossed by the choice of words used while venting. Calling things HO does stupid is just wrong to me. I respect the decisions my company makes and will always support their decisions.

Oh, I do gamble - I have money in the stock market. Lately that gamble has not paid off very well!:eek:

finley1991 said:
I guess I view this much differently. I worked for a few companies that treated their employees like crap (and that is putting it nicely). I could go on for HOURS about how mistreated I was verbally, the number of hours I worked overtime and never got paid, the bouncing paychecks, etc.

Things like this that HO does for us is a BONUS. They aren't required to offer us anything above and beyond what we earn.

As frustrated as you are Beth about how you feel about what they offered, I feel just as frustrated by the complaints.

I'd hate to see the special promotions go away and if they receive enough complaints, they will throw their hands in the air and give up offering them to us.

But it's really not this promotion, is it? If you look back at a lot of your posts since Leadership, you've been down on HO about a lot of things? What's that about? Have you lost faith in the company or your business? You weren't happy with the new career plan, HO didn't get the director agreements out in a timely manner... etc. It's sad to me that you're so bummed out! :(

I don't gamble either but this promotion didn't offend or disappoint me. It is what it is... they drew random dates and some received the random bonus. Yes, HO does encourage us to hold and submit in the month, yet the guidelines clearly outlined that consultants had until April 4th to submit.

I guess my question is what is it that is really causing you to be so down on PC? Is it really the triple point bonus?

PS: The reason I'm posting my response here is that I'm sure others feel as you do and maybe we can be proactive and see how we can look at things in a positive light when we struggle with something.

First, I love this company and love all the promotions that the company offers and even when I'm not excited by a promotion I have never thought of a promotion as "stupid" before - when there is a chance for someone to earn something by stretching I am all for that and cheer them along even if I don't earn it or want it. I agree totally that we have an extremely generous company. This one had nothing to do with what we do to earn it. We had to be lucky to get it and some lucky people will have made the difference to earn a trip while others who submitted a lot but not on lucky days could miss a trip by that much. This particular promotion made no sense to me.

As far as my attitude:
I really don't know where you are getting this. Am I not allowed to be concerned about change and expectations from HO? I am not the only one who occassionally vents. I am not the only one who had concerns about the new program.

ChefLisa said:
I really thought this was a fun and creative promotion! I was fortunate to earn extra points, but I could have vey easily totally missed out and I was fine with that.

It was not gambling because in gambling you put something in and sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. If you submitted any sales you received points towards the trip. Therefore you won! You could not lose - so this was not gambling. Some people just got extra points. To me just the thought of getting anything extra was so exciting!

I like to think I am a rather positive person. Seeing HO bashed ALWAYS bothers me - ALOT! Quite honestly that is one of the main reasons I rarely read the threads on Chef Success. I believe venting is fine, but the line can get crossed by the choice of words used while venting. Calling things HO does stupid is just wrong to me. I respect the decisions my company makes and will always support their decisions.

Oh, I do gamble - I have money in the stock market. Lately that gamble has not paid off very well!:eek:

True. Very True!

bethcooks4u said:
As far as my attitude: I really don't know where you are getting this. Am I not allowed to be concerned about change and expectations from HO? I am not the only one who occassionally vents. I am not the only one who had concerns about the new program.
Beth... I am sorry you took this the wrong way. I NEVER said you were NOT allowed to be concerned about changes. If I did, please show me where. And I NEVER said you where the only one who vents. At the end of my post, I DID mention: PS: The reason I'm posting my response here is that I'm sure others feel as you do and maybe we can be proactive and see how we can look at things in a positive light when we struggle with something. And I NEVER said you were the only one who had concerns about the new program. Like I said, if I did, please show me where.What I did say was that you've been down on so many things lately and I just wondered what was up with that. All I was doing was offering a chance to maybe be more positive and proactive in thinking. I was trying to help... my bad. Won't happen again. Vent away...

finley1991 said:
Beth... I am sorry you took this the wrong way. I NEVER said you were NOT allowed to be concerned about changes. If I did, please show me where. And I NEVER said you where the only one who vents. At the end of my post, I DID mention: PS: The reason I'm posting my response here is that I'm sure others feel as you do and maybe we can be proactive and see how we can look at things in a positive light when we struggle with something. And I NEVER said you were the only one who had concerns about the new program. Like I said, if I did, please show me where.

What I did say was that you've been down on so many things lately and I just wondered what was up with that. All I was doing was offering a chance to maybe be more positive and proactive in thinking.
This promotion was not about struggling with anything. It was total chance and that was my objection. I know you didn't say I was the only one but I am the one you called on it. My bad.

I was trying to help... my bad. Won't happen again. Vent away...

WOW. ...and sarcasm helps a lot too. Thanks.

You know, I have always thought of you and others on here as a great support system for all of us. What is changed? I know I commented about a few things I have not liked lately but I have not been "down on so many things" - sounds like I'm all negative. I don't see that. I am very positive about my business and PC in general and most of my posts are helpful or at least I try. ...hmmm

bethcooks4u said:
You know, I have always thought of you and others on here as a great support system for all of us. What is changed?

Nothing has changed and this is the last I will address this. I have now mentioned three times that all I was doing was offering a chance to maybe be more positive and proactive in thinking. That's all I was doing. When I asked what was going on that caused you to be down, I thought that might help the rest of us offer something that might help pick you up. I thought that was being supportive.

And, I didn't say you were *all negative* but what's funny to me about that, is that you didn't pick out ANYTHING I wrote in trying to be positive and proactive which is what I was doing in the first place. You only picked out the things that you felt are negative.

I'm done addressing this because clearly I'm not coming across the way I had intended and my intention was to try to focus on the positive. Sorry I offended you Beth. Wasn't my intention at all.

Related to How Can We Be More Positive and Supportive in Our Online Community?

1. How can we cultivate a more positive and supportive online community?

To create a more positive and supportive online community, it is important to practice empathy and understanding towards others. This includes actively listening to different perspectives, avoiding negative or hurtful language, and offering encouragement and support to fellow community members.

2. What can we do to promote inclusivity and diversity in our online community?

To promote inclusivity and diversity in our online community, we can actively seek out and welcome diverse voices and perspectives. This can include creating space for marginalized groups to share their experiences, educating ourselves on different cultures and backgrounds, and standing up against discrimination and exclusion.

3. How can we handle conflicts or disagreements in a positive and productive manner?

One way to handle conflicts or disagreements in a positive and productive manner is to approach them with a mindset of seeking understanding and finding common ground. This involves communicating respectfully, actively listening to each other's perspectives, and finding solutions that benefit the community as a whole.

4. What are some ways we can show support and appreciation for other members in our online community?

We can show support and appreciation for other members in our online community by engaging with their posts and comments, offering words of encouragement and gratitude, and actively participating in discussions and activities. Additionally, we can also recognize and celebrate the unique contributions and talents of our community members.

5. How can we create a safe and respectful space for all members of our online community?

To create a safe and respectful space for all members of our online community, we can establish and enforce community guidelines that promote inclusivity and respect. This can also include moderating any negative or harmful behavior, providing resources for support and assistance, and addressing any issues that arise in a timely and sensitive manner.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PampMomof3
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • chefkathy