• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Coping with Losing Friends: Miss Pampered Chef's Reflection

In summary, the conversation on the Director's Loop involved a few disappointing posts, with one discussing coping with losing friends on the team and another talking about moving due to constant changes. One member tried to provide a positive response and asked for feedback on their post. Some members commented on the effectiveness of the loop and how it used to be better when run by someone else. Another member complimented the positive redirection of the thread by the original poster. Overall, there was support for the post and it encouraged others going through similar experiences.
baychef
Silver Member
For those of you on Director's Loop...there were a couple postings on there that we a little disappointing to me. One was dealing with losing friends who were on their team...how to cope. That wasn't too terrible but the response from another was barely related to helping answer the first question on coping and more of a....I have moved due to so many PC changes.

I tried to write a positive responce. If any of you subscribe to it, could you check my post sometime and see if I was ok in what I said? I guess pulling up some "Big Girl Panties" was my theme only in a hopefully non direct way.

Guess after Deb's post of referring to a question (that was a question that any leader should know) on there the other day I am wondering how effective this loop is to me.

Signed,
Miss Politically Correct until I get around my "Jersey Girlfriends from PC":D

Ann, I don't really use the DL for much...every once in a blue moon there will be an Exec e-mail posted, which I will read. Otherwise I pretty much just delete!!

I bet I will be going this route myself...what a let down. Thanks for sharing.

I do what Janice says with it too but I did read your post today and thought you did an amazing job redirecting the thread into a more positive direction! Great job!

Ann, I too was disappointed with the post about the changes and feelings around it. I loved your response and thanks so much for posting it!!!!! HUGS!!!

The loop was awesome when Laura Bush was running it - she ran it with an iron fist and was often called a bitch but she did a GREAT job. I miss her.

dannyzmom said:
The loop was awesome when Laura Bush was running it - she ran it with an iron fist and was often called a bitch but she did a GREAT job. I miss her.

She did do an fantastic job. It was her thread and she had the right to run it as such. Also, she would try to get us to start posting at random times what was working!

Thanks to all for the support. Like I say, I try to be nice (oh trust me when pushed to it...I can be a be-otch:bugeye::D!) and almost answered the first post. When the second post hit, I did post...in a whole new direction, however.

baychef said:
She did do an fantastic job. It was her thread and she had the right to run it as such. Also, she would try to get us to start posting at random times what was working!

Thanks to all for the support. Like I say, I try to be nice (oh trust me when pushed to it...I can be a be-otch:bugeye::D!) and almost answered the first post. When the second post hit, I did post...in a whole new direction, however.

And a good job you did too.

I get daily digest and see there was no more conversation about it. I have had several private e-mails from people telling me they have been through a similar thought process and how my words encouraged them. Hopefully it will keep things back on a positive note!

Ann, I thought it was well written and valid. Course, I tend to like most of your advice, so I may be biased. :D

What are some common reasons for losing friends?

Some common reasons for losing friends include growing apart, moving away, or having a falling out due to a disagreement or misunderstanding. Other reasons may include changes in interests or priorities, and sometimes people simply drift apart over time.

How can I cope with losing a close friend?

Coping with losing a close friend can be difficult, but it's important to remember that it's a natural part of life. It's important to allow yourself to grieve and feel your emotions, and to also focus on self-care and surrounding yourself with supportive people. It's also helpful to reflect on the positive memories and lessons learned from the friendship.

Is it normal to feel guilty about losing a friend?

It is normal to feel guilty about losing a friend, especially if the friendship ended due to a disagreement or misunderstanding. However, it's important to remember that friendships are a two-way street and it's not entirely your fault. It's important to acknowledge your feelings, but also try to let go of any unnecessary guilt.

Can losing a friend affect my mental health?

Losing a friend can definitely affect your mental health, especially if it was a close friend or if the loss was unexpected. It's important to recognize and address any feelings of sadness, loneliness, or anxiety that may arise. Seek support from trusted loved ones or a therapist if needed.

How can I rebuild or make new friendships after losing a friend?

Rebuilding or making new friendships after losing a friend can be challenging, but it's important to put yourself out there and be open to new connections. Joining clubs or groups with similar interests, volunteering, or reaching out to acquaintances can be great ways to meet new people. It's also important to remember that it takes time to build strong friendships, so be patient and don't be afraid to initiate plans or reach out to potential new friends.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • s.cape
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
s.cape
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies