• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can pampering an office lead to a successful Pampered Chef show?

In summary, Paula brought brownies to an office and the employees were excited. She also brought catalogs and a platter for the brownies.
ChefJWarren
Gold Member
I had a friend that really wanted to buy the Santoku knife a couple of months ago, but didn't want to pay $70. Well, needless to say, when it became the Host special I called her up. She was on the fence about having a show, so I suggested a catalog show. She said a very positive "maybe".

She works at a busy dentist office, so I offered to "pamper" her office. I told her that I would bring her coworkers a nice treat to help drum up business. And since I was there, would also bring some catalogs and her host packet. Well, she said sure, come on down! Today I took in the warm nutty caramel brownies. She was soo excited (as were her coworkers because she told them I was coming). I also brought in 5 copies of the recipe.

Within an hour she had called me twice with questions from her coworkers (about placing orders and recipe). She said they LOVED the browies and had already made 10 copies of the recipe. They were also passing out catalogs to patients because everyone was excited about Pampered Chef. She is anticipating a great show based on the response from today.

P.S. She had already collected several orders when she called me.

Congrats! It shows that working in the right place can make a huge difference for an excited host.

I'm still thinking about "pampering my bank". I'm putting the PC vibe out there but haven't got a lot of oohs ar aahhs from them when the subject comes up. Maybe if I tell them I'll bring in food?

Christ Follower said:
I'm still thinking about "pampering my bank". I'm putting the PC vibe out there but haven't got a lot of oohs ar aahhs from them when the subject comes up. Maybe if I tell them I'll bring in food?

And make it chocolate! That always works! I would just say, "Hey I would like to "pamper" you and your coworkers. What day would be best for me to bring in a special treat for you? Is there a certain time? I'll bring copies of the recipe and some catalogs along also." If you get some orders, offer to make one of them the host.

Yep. I need to do it! Now to get up the guts to do it....

Has anyone else pampered an office? If so, what type of office did you find to be a great target??

Paula

Great job!!

I pampered my husband's office today. I'm making the lime berry mousse trifle for a show Saturday, and since it had been awhile since I last made it, I needed a practice. So, his coworkers were the lucky recipients!!

The wraps are great for an office demo or lunch treats. I had a lunch hour office show (Engineering Firm) and sold $700! No stove required, healthy ingredients and perfect for Summer.

pampering your bank
Christ Follower said:

Even if they don't act excited at the bank, do it anyway! Perhaps they are concerned that they will be seen as soliciting you to do something for them - which is against the law. Speaking as a banker here....:D

Do you do this for places you go where the employees don't know you? I don't have a relationship with my bank tellers and while my dentist office knows me, I don't know that I'd feel comfortable doing that....

I love these ideas, but all of my offices (dentist, pediatrician, etc) all have big signs on their doors "No Soliciting" So, i've always kinda felt awkward asking (although a catalog has been "left behind" sometimes). Like Winnipegk asked, are you doing this only with offices where you have a relationship with an employee?

i did this with our salon. they were thinking of doing a show and i brought in bite size strawberry amaretto pastries and it also got all the staff excited :)

One questionwhen you pamper an office or salon, do you just take the treat in and drop it off w/ some catalogs and such? And what do you put it on, I dont feel comfortable taking it in or on SA for fear that if Im leaving it, they may get broken or something like that.
I have been wanting to do this also, just a little unsure of exactly how to execute....
:D

When I took my brownies in, I used a platter that I had (not PC). I knew the girl at the office, though, so I know I'll get it back.

I used paper plates that i covered in alum foil to 'dress them up' a little. afterwards i thought about using those alum pie dishes you buy at the grocery store, they have a plastic top to them. then they can just throw them out when done.

and dont forget napkins :) theyll appreciate it all the more :)

And for platters... there's always the dollar store. Pick up a platter and some napkins and you don't have to worry about getting anything back. But tape your business card to the bottom so if they do call you to return it, you'll have a contact there... booking... recruit??

stayinathomemama said:
And for platters... there's always the dollar store. Pick up a platter and some napkins and you don't have to worry about getting anything back. But tape your business card to the bottom so if they do call you to return it, you'll have a contact there... booking... recruit??

Ooh! Dollar store has those "silver" platters or at the very least the clear plastic or tin ones with the lids!

Winnipegk said:
Do you do this for places you go where the employees don't know you? I don't have a relationship with my bank tellers and while my dentist office knows me, I don't know that I'd feel comfortable doing that....

Believe me, the gals at the dentist office would LOVE it! My DH is a dentist & the girls at his office are always my guinea pigs for new PC recipes--they were hounding me today on when I would be bringing food in! Next time you're in, tell them that you appreciate what they do & you would love to bring in a dessert if they don't mind. Then when you bring it in (with at least 1 copy of the recipe), bring some catalogs & ask them to put them with the food in case someone is not familiar with our products or anyone needs to order something. I have an office lunch show every fall with the girls, just bringing in lunch & the new products. Not everyone orders, but everyone eats & appreciates it! It's always at least $300-400 in orders--some of them even bring in orders for family members.

stayinathomemama said:
Oh good one! thank you.....I didnt even think about that, Im in there all the time looking for cheap supplies.

I am going to try to pamper a business once a month. Starting SOON!

Today I just brought catalogs (no treats) to the trooper station and my chiro's office. Everyone went nuts!! It is a great way to find a lot of people at once...

Does anyone have any advice for offering products/ shows etc at work when its a small office and you are the "boss"? Any conflict of interest or danger of people feeling they have to buy? So far I have steered clear of approaching anyone in my immediate offiice.

Ok ... I'm a chicken. The thought of doing this is a little exciting, but my heart is racing just thinking about it. Stand me up in front of 600 people to talk and I'm fine, but this?

But, I'm going to do it. I say all us chickens line up over here - facing that way - and let's pick a date to do this. We could pick a date, plan a dish, and all do it the same day. There is safety in numbers. Anyone game?

Sandy- you could always call first if you handle rejection better over the phone... that way once they say yes it is almost like a booking because you aren't ambushing them. I would just be mortified to walk out with my treats after they said no to me standing in their office...

raquirion said:
Does anyone have any advice for offering products/ shows etc at work when its a small office and you are the "boss"? Any conflict of interest or danger of people feeling they have to buy? So far I have steered clear of approaching anyone in my immediate offiice.

Do the employees know you sell PC? Have any of them commented on how they like it? I kind of have that issue with my DH because he is the dentist & basically everyone's boss & I'm his wife. But I've always done the lunch thing (with lots of goodies--usually one main recipe, a dessert & a dip or something--wouldn't do that much for another group I didn't know) & then do it as a mystery host. They all know I'm coming in advance & that they don't have to order to eat. I've had several who have never ordered & many who order every time. Unfortunately no one has ever booked more than a catalog show outside of this, but at least I get that show out of it & they enjoy it & will remember that I do PC when people they know need someone.

raquirion said:

I guess what I think of is how would you feel if one of the other employees brought in a PC catalog from another consultant, and everyone was all over it - because they didn't even know that you were a consultant?

I would think that if you brought in TREATS for everyone, and said - "By the way, this is a new PC recipe - is anyone interested in looking at the catalog? If we get enough orders, we can do a drawing, and someone can get the host benefits" - they would love that!

Those are good ideas - one of the things I have done in the office is a yearly cinqi de mayo party - no PC involved but I am known to be a little goofy & fun when it comes to food. Thanks!

I have asked at a couple of places... hair salon, vets office, and got a really cold reception. Now in fairness, that was before I had established relationships there. Though just last week I went to the vets to get some prescription stuff for my cat and gave the receptionist some mini catalogs... you would have thought I handed her explosives by her reaction. So, while I'd love to pamper a business, I think you really need to have a well established relationship there first, or maybe that is just in the area where I live. We also see a lot of "no soliciting" signs at drs. offices and such. I did leave some catalogs at my dentist's office last week with the girls there and the receptionist told me she needed to order some italian seasoning, so I am going to call to follow up next week and will probably suggest this on the phone. Personally, I don't think I would just show up with treats, I think I would ask first. One exception... the teacher's lounge at a school. Treats are always welcome there... you could put a little sign and a bunch of catalogs (I would label one "lounge copy" so it stays there) and order forms, clearly marked with the date you'll return.

I have a great relationship with my chiro's office so I may call tomorrow or just go in and ask about doing that sometime next week.

I also may see about doing it at the twins pediatricians office.

I have a friend that has done catalog shows for me in the past and I can't seem to get her interested in doing a show now but I might throw this idea at her for her work - I know they would just love it!!!!!

Another great place for cheap platters is at Goodwill or Garage Sales. Pick up some cute plates and then when you bring food somewhere, put it on there. You won't care if you get it back and it will look darling!

Sandy...let's do it! I think I will ask the girls at the bank first though. I'll casually mention (again) that I do PC and that I am always practicing new recipes and if they were interested, I could bring them in some treats. I need to make a deposit tomorrow or the next day so hopefully I'll remember to ask them!

dwyerkim said:
I have asked at a couple of places... hair salon, vets office, and got a really cold reception. Now in fairness, that was before I had established relationships there. Though just last week I went to the vets to get some prescription stuff for my cat and gave the receptionist some mini catalogs... you would have thought I handed her explosives by her reaction. So, while I'd love to pamper a business, I think you really need to have a well established relationship there first, or maybe that is just in the area where I live. We also see a lot of "no soliciting" signs at drs. offices and such. I did leave some catalogs at my dentist's office last week with the girls there and the receptionist told me she needed to order some italian seasoning, so I am going to call to follow up next week and will probably suggest this on the phone. Personally, I don't think I would just show up with treats, I think I would ask first. One exception... the teacher's lounge at a school. Treats are always welcome there... you could put a little sign and a bunch of catalogs (I would label one "lounge copy" so it stays there) and order forms, clearly marked with the date you'll return.

I tried this at the salon and the dentists office at Christmas time. I even included an envelope for payment and the date I would return. When I picked them up, there was nothing. I can't even be sure the folder was even opened! Maybe with some treats next time?

I recently did this at my job, I work at a hospital. I placed a catalog in the breakroom and put signs up that I was taking orders for PC. There was a handful of people that were very excited and ordered. The only suggestion for anyone that plans to do this is to have a strict deadline for order pick up and payment. I am still trying to retrieve all payments and my deadline was on April 6. If you find a doctor's office that would agree to do this, nurses love PC and food!!

raquirion said:

There shouldn't be anything wrong with you bringing treats to work. You can mention that you're practicing a recipe for a show. Since you are the boss, they look up to you for advice. You might be able to do some recruiting.

My day job is Starbucks and we do this all the time we call it surprise and delight- no one ever turns down yummy pastries and treats. Make sure you go at a slow time- and bring everything they might need- napkins, forks, etc.

I made the chocolate chip spritz cookies, dipped in chocolate sprinkled with a few pecans and pampered an office. I didn't get too many orders out of it, but one person has become a repeat customer and ordered 3 times from me! So definately worth it because sooner or later she'll decide to host!

I was cashing checks at a local bank for my show and ran into someone I know. When I told her why I was there, she said, "You sell pampered chef?" and asked for a catalog.A week later (when I was not sick any more!) I made some carmel brownies and took them in. Since I don't have any S.A. I put them in tupperware. This week I meet with the host to close out her party ... which is $316 last I checked.

I was driving home the other day and it struck me (because I was driving passed one)... Pamper the Fire Station!! It makes since, take in some goodies as a kind of thank you for your services to the community. And those guys and gals cook!! So they need kitchen stuff. Just thought I would check in here. Maybe my brilliant plan isn't as brilliant as I think. Has anyone tried this?

My brother-in-law is a firefighter, and I know they do cook, but alot of things get donated to them... but you know, why NOT :D They deserve some goodies anyways for taking care of the community!!!!

bsaxman said:
My brother-in-law is a firefighter, and I know they do cook, but alot of things get donated to them... but you know, why NOT :D They deserve some goodies anyways for taking care of the community!!!!

Thanks, I didn't think about that. Might try it anyway

Di_Can_Cook said:
I was cashing checks at a local bank for my show and ran into someone I know. When I told her why I was there, she said, "You sell pampered chef?" and asked for a catalog...

This happened to me at the post office. The lady has ordered from me twice now. I keep forgetting to call her to see if she wants to host since she mentioned there was more that she wanted, but she was "just going to get this for now". Probably too late this evening.

I am glad someoneelse asked this b/c I was going to post about this. I am doing this for my hair salon and bank. Does anyone have a letter that explains it that can be given out for other businesses to consider.
I looked through the files and couldn't find one, Unless I missed it.

A fire station is a good idea! Sure they may have used, cheap cooking equipment donated to them, but there are things that would make it easier, like a chopper for the onions in that firehouse chili!

And they have wives ... and mothers ... and mother's day is coming up!

I'm curious about the letter too. I've decided to do my credit union (its very small 10-15 at most) so I'll do the brownies along with catalogs,etc. in a basket. what else?? I've got to get out of my comfort zone! :)

I didn't read all the responses...
but i've often sent in things with my husband..and have booked a show a couple years ago, which lead to one other booking...and here and there sold Ice Cream Dippers, Can Openers...etc.

I recently made the Petit Chocolate Cherry Cheesecakes in the Delightful Desserts cookbook...WONDERFUL! Put them in the Chillz Rect Serv...
I'm gonna make them again, and send them into work with hubby!

Bank, Real Estate Office, ...

Di_Can_Cook said:
A fire station is a good idea! Sure they may have used, cheap cooking equipment donated to them, but there are things that would make it easier, like a chopper for the onions in that firehouse chili!

And they have wives ... and mothers ... and mother's day is coming up!

firemen love food. My friends husband is a fireman and after any of our parties we always take the leftovers to the firehouse and the eat if up within the hour if they are not out on a run. I am trying to come up with a letter, but am drawing a big ol blank :(

jbdowd0798 said:
I'm curious about the letter too. I've decided to do my credit union (its very small 10-15 at most) so I'll do the brownies along with catalogs,etc. in a basket. what else?? I've got to get out of my comfort zone! :)

Go to files and type in pampering a business and several docs will pop up that you can use or modify. It took me forever to find them, I kept typing pamper or pamper a business, it was under pampering :)

It took me all day yesterday to get up the nerve to go to some businesses, but I went to 3 and all 3 said they would love for me to bring in things today!I'm so excited!!!

<h2>1. How can pampering an office lead to a successful Pampered Chef show?</h2><p>Pampering an office is a great way to create a positive and welcoming atmosphere for potential customers. By bringing in treats and catalogs, you are able to introduce the Pampered Chef brand and products to a new audience. This can lead to increased interest and excitement for hosting a show.</p><h2>2. How can offering a catalog show be beneficial?</h2><p>A catalog show allows for more flexibility and convenience for the host and their guests. They are able to browse and order products at their own pace, and the host can still earn rewards and benefits without having to host a traditional in-person show.</p><h2>3. How can bringing in treats and catalogs to an office help drum up business?</h2><p>By offering treats and catalogs to an office, you are able to create a buzz and generate interest in Pampered Chef. This can lead to more orders and potential future shows as coworkers share their positive experiences with others.</p><h2>4. What are the benefits of offering a host special?</h2><p>A host special is a great way to incentivize potential hosts and encourage them to book a show. By offering a popular or discounted product, it can make hosting a show even more appealing and increase the chances of a successful event.</p><h2>5. How can word of mouth and sharing recipes help in generating interest in Pampered Chef?</h2><p>Word of mouth and sharing recipes are powerful marketing tools. By providing delicious treats and recipes, you are able to showcase the quality and versatility of Pampered Chef products. This can lead to excitement and interest in the brand, and potentially generate more orders and future shows.</p>

1. How can pampering an office lead to a successful Pampered Chef show?

Pampering an office is a great way to create a positive and welcoming atmosphere for potential customers. By bringing in treats and catalogs, you are able to introduce the Pampered Chef brand and products to a new audience. This can lead to increased interest and excitement for hosting a show.

2. How can offering a catalog show be beneficial?

A catalog show allows for more flexibility and convenience for the host and their guests. They are able to browse and order products at their own pace, and the host can still earn rewards and benefits without having to host a traditional in-person show.

3. How can bringing in treats and catalogs to an office help drum up business?

By offering treats and catalogs to an office, you are able to create a buzz and generate interest in Pampered Chef. This can lead to more orders and potential future shows as coworkers share their positive experiences with others.

4. What are the benefits of offering a host special?

A host special is a great way to incentivize potential hosts and encourage them to book a show. By offering a popular or discounted product, it can make hosting a show even more appealing and increase the chances of a successful event.

5. How can word of mouth and sharing recipes help in generating interest in Pampered Chef?

Word of mouth and sharing recipes are powerful marketing tools. By providing delicious treats and recipes, you are able to showcase the quality and versatility of Pampered Chef products. This can lead to excitement and interest in the brand, and potentially generate more orders and future shows.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
chezshelly
  • chef131doreen