• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Business with Car Decals: A Story of Success and Tips for Advertising

In summary, Becky's decals have been very successful and she recommends getting contact info when giving out the recipe card, catalog, etc.
esavvymom said:
I have mine on the sides, but honestly, I wish I had put them on the back. People are behind you more than reading beside you.

If you get two, you might split the difference. Put one on the back, and one on the left side so it can be seen when you're dealing with someone at a drive-thru.

I think in some places it's illegal to put decals on the back, so you may want to check first. I also heard rumors of some places requiring you to let your car insurance know you had business info on your car - weird...

frozenchef said:
I think in some places it's illegal to put decals on the back, so you may want to check first. I also heard rumors of some places requiring you to let your car insurance know you had business info on your car - weird...

It doesnt hurt to all your insurance. I did, and she just laughed at me, she was shocked because no one had ever asked that, and the she said that I was fine with myresidential coverage. I have State Farm, in NC.

Dont know about the rear window thing. Again, doubtful. Probably would depend on size and style. Merrills are pretty small. But cant hurt to check (I would just google it).

frozenchef said:

That would be Michigan. :( You can put them on, but if you do, your car becomes a business vehicle instead of a personal vehicle, and your insurance rates will be higher.

You could also try not letting your insurance company know that you have them on there, and just hope that you don't get into an accident. Because if you do, and the company finds out you were using the car to advertise a business without the business vehicle insurance, your insurance will be void.

My big ones are on the back with a small PC generic logo on the front at the very top right (above the passenger). Most laws are written for things that would obstruct your view. The Merrill logos are not big enough to obstruct the view and cause a hazard. I'm obviously versed in every state/county/city laws, but I doubt that they would be considered illegal due to their small size.

Weird stuff ;) I know it's all good in Alaska for the back (although mine are on the sides) and with USAA - same thing, the insurance lady just laughed when I asked.

I love chef success. The topics which are discussed are so relevant.

Thanks to you online chefs, I did ask our insurance company BEFORE putting labels on. We are in Ohio. Our rep contacted the policy underwriter to make sure. At this point, because I still have another job and my PC business is still part-time, they've said "ok, you don't need any additional coverage. HOWEVER, if the business becomes primary, THEN we will have to write a rider for the vehicle". (SO glad about that!)

Interesting thing, NOW the insurance rep wants me to put a rider on my home owner's policy "just in case" someone falls if they come to a show at the house OR while picking up merchandise. Hmmmm.....

hamiltonchef said:
I love chef success. The topics which are discussed are so relevant.

Thanks to you online chefs, I did ask our insurance company BEFORE putting labels on. We are in Ohio. Our rep contacted the policy underwriter to make sure. At this point, because I still have another job and my PC business is still part-time, they've said "ok, you don't need any additional coverage. HOWEVER, if the business becomes primary, THEN we will have to write a rider for the vehicle". (SO glad about that!)

Interesting thing, NOW the insurance rep wants me to put a rider on my home owner's policy "just in case" someone falls if they come to a show at the house OR while picking up merchandise. Hmmmm.....

I would contact HO to check- but I think our Liability coverage we pay for each month through PC would cover you in your own home and other's - provided it was for PC business purposes (ie- a show or open house).

esavvymom said:
I would contact HO to check- but I think our Liability coverage we pay for each month through PC would cover you in your own home and other's - provided it was for PC business purposes (ie- a show or open house).

The HO insurance would definitely cover you if you had a show at your house. The slip and fall while picking up product, I'd recommend asking.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this yet, but a car decal is seriously worth it for TAX REASONS. If you have a decal on your vehicle, you can deduct EVERY SINGLE MILE you drive, no more keeping track of individual trips! My director actually recorded a loss this year because she was able to deduct 20,000 miles from her car!

EmilyStraw said:
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this yet, but a car decal is seriously worth it for TAX REASONS. If you have a decal on your vehicle, you can deduct EVERY SINGLE MILE you drive, no more keeping track of individual trips! My director actually recorded a loss this year because she was able to deduct 20,000 miles from her car!

Be very careful with that. i do not think the IRS sees it that way. You have to give a business reason for those miles. Having the sticker on your car doesnt make every trip business. I could be wrong, but to us, in the event of an audit, it is SO not worth it.

That's what I was thinking esavvymom - we had an H&R Block agent come to a retreat we had last year and she said regardless of decals, you can only deduct miles to and from your house for a show if you've claimed a home office. If you haven't, you have to start counting the miles from say, the post office, where you've dropped off a host packet, to the show. She said the IRS has really been cracking down on home-based businesses this year.

Dang well that's a bummer. Oh well :)

Can you count trips to the grocery store if you're getting food to practice for a show or even for a show?! ;)

great idea using the old catalogs for give aways!

Depending on where you live (like here in Michigan), your insurance company can charge you more ("business" rates) if you have decals on your vehicle. I took mine off for this reason.

<h2>1. How long have you had the car decals on your windows?</h2><p>I've only had my car decals on my windows for a few weeks.</p><h2>2. Have you seen an increase in business since using the car decals?</h2><p>Yes, I have seen a significant increase in business since using the car decals. In the last few days alone, I have gained several new customers.</p><h2>3. Can you share an example of how the car decals have directly led to a new customer?</h2><p>Yes, I have had multiple instances where people have noticed my car decals and inquired about my business. For example, when I was in the McDonald's drive-thru, the cashier asked for my card. I gave her a recipe card with my information and she ended up ordering a new product from me.</p><h2>4. Do you have any tips for using car decals as an effective form of advertising?</h2><p>Yes, I recommend always keeping some form of marketing material with your contact information on hand, whether it's business cards, recipe cards, or catalogs. This way, when people inquire about your business, you can easily provide them with information and potentially gain new customers. Also, consider placing decals on your car in high-traffic areas to increase visibility.</p><h2>5. Would you recommend using car decals for advertising?</h2><p>Absolutely! I have found car decals to be one of the most effective forms of advertising for my business. It's a one-time investment that continues to bring in new customers and promote my business wherever I go. I highly recommend it to other business owners looking to boost their advertising efforts.</p>

1. How long have you had the car decals on your windows?

I've only had my car decals on my windows for a few weeks.

2. Have you seen an increase in business since using the car decals?

Yes, I have seen a significant increase in business since using the car decals. In the last few days alone, I have gained several new customers.

3. Can you share an example of how the car decals have directly led to a new customer?

Yes, I have had multiple instances where people have noticed my car decals and inquired about my business. For example, when I was in the McDonald's drive-thru, the cashier asked for my card. I gave her a recipe card with my information and she ended up ordering a new product from me.

4. Do you have any tips for using car decals as an effective form of advertising?

Yes, I recommend always keeping some form of marketing material with your contact information on hand, whether it's business cards, recipe cards, or catalogs. This way, when people inquire about your business, you can easily provide them with information and potentially gain new customers. Also, consider placing decals on your car in high-traffic areas to increase visibility.

5. Would you recommend using car decals for advertising?

Absolutely! I have found car decals to be one of the most effective forms of advertising for my business. It's a one-time investment that continues to bring in new customers and promote my business wherever I go. I highly recommend it to other business owners looking to boost their advertising efforts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BeckyC5830
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies
Views
sfdavis918
  • slhalepc
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies