• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Upgrade Your Car Decal: Vinyl Lettering for Business Promotion | JeriSigns

In summary, the conversation revolves around car decals and the different options available for promoting a business. The main focus is on the use of window decals and magnets, with some members sharing their own experiences and preferences. The conversation also touches on the cost and practicality of using these promotional materials. Some members suggest ordering personalized decals from a specific website, while others recommend using a more affordable option from Vista Print. The main purpose of the decals is to provide contact information and promote various services offered by the business, such as cooking and catalog shows, fundraising, and joining the team.
NooraK
Gold Member
I have vinyl lettering on the rear window of my Escape, and the PC logo sticker available from Merrill. Currently it has my website and cell number. I got it from JeriSigns, and so far I've gotten one show through it, which lead to another show (so far).

All the other business type car decals I've seen around seem to have something more than just contact info. I was thinking of ordering an additional vinyl lettering piece from JeriSigns which would say something about the services we offer. Maybe like this:

Cooking & Catalog Shows * Fundraising
Bridal Showers * Business Opportunity​

Does anyone have a sticker or magnet that has similar information? Do you think it would help generate interest, maybe from someone who didn't realize we did fundraisers etc?

I think it's a good idea, I think I'd like to have one also! Thanks for sharing.

Along those lines, do the window decals have to go on your windows? Is this a dumb question?

Ever window on my truck go all the way down except my front window.

That is a good question Crystal. I'm not sure it would hold up to the window going up and down all the time.

I'm trying to decide on window decals. Just curious why you didn't order the personalized sign from Merril?

I was wondering why I had to order 2? I only need 1.

I ordered my stuff before Merrill came out with the one with information on it. I've also read feedback from others that the lettering on the Merrill one is very small. From what I can tell, the personalized ones on Merrill's website are designed to go on the back SIDE windows of the car, and that's why they come in sets of two. I only ordered the un-personalized logo window decal from Merrill.

I got the idea from this orignal thread: http://www.chefsuccess.com/f3/pc-decal-my-suv-19947/
Kelly's picture is no longer there, but all the information about ordering is still there.

I have had the vinyl ones on my window for a couple years now, and I just ordered the ones from Merrill, for both mine and DH's car. I think they look more professional, and it has more information included.

Oh, and about it having to be on a window, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to put the lettering on, say, the tailgate of your truck if you want. I just don't know how hard that would be to get off in the future if you were to sell the truck. The un-personalized decal is a sticker, not a cling-on, so it should hold up pretty well, whether it's on paint or on a window that goes up and down.

And, the vinyl lettering cost $7.50 (it's $8.50 now, but currently 15% off) + about $5 shipping, plus the $10.55 decal from Merrill (plus their shipping, but I got some other things at the same time) compared to $34.99 for a set of two plus their shipping).

NooraK said:
Oh, and about it having to be on a window, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to put the lettering on, say, the tailgate of your truck if you want. I just don't know how hard that would be to get off in the future if you were to sell the truck. The un-personalized decal is a sticker, not a cling-on, so it should hold up pretty well, whether it's on paint or on a window that goes up and down.

Thank you! I really want something on my truck, but I don't want to spend money on something I can use.

Crystal Patton said:
Thank you! I really want something on my truck, but I don't want to spend money on something I can use.

Wow, I was in a hurry. LOL

I don't know anybody who wants to spend money on things they CAN use.

Oh well.

I just wanted to share!

I finally decided on the decals for my car. I went with magnets because my hubby wanted me to be able to remove them easily. He said if I don't like them we can switch to window decals later. (I have some convincing to do, but this was a first step.)

Along with the contact info I included:
Cooking & Catalog Shows
Gift Certificates
Fundraising
Wedding Registries

Ask Me How to
Join My Team

Hello,
Just wanted to let you know I ordered mine thru Vista Print. I was able to put lots of information on it including much of what has been mentioned. You can even upload a picture if you want to do that. I paid $15.00 for 2 magnetized signs that I interchange between DH and my car. They have 2 sizes small and large and if you sign up to receive their emails you get deals where 1 is free and the 2nd is cheaper. I get loads of other stuff printed by them very cheap. You pay mostly for shipping and can customize ANYTHING postcards, brochures, magnets for business cards too. Good luck and hope this helps!
Cary

I'm totally a fan of VistaPrint. I chose to get the vinyl because I had concerns about the dirt thing. I didn't want to stress over possibly scratching my paint or something. With the vinyl letters, I stick them on and forget about them (except when I look in my rearview mirror :) ).

What is a car decal?

A car decal is a vinyl sticker that is designed to be applied to the exterior of a vehicle. It can feature various designs, graphics, or text and is a popular way to personalize a car or promote a business or cause.

How do I apply a car decal?

Applying a car decal is a simple process. Start by cleaning the area of the car where the decal will be placed with soap and water. Rinse and dry the area completely. Peel off the backing of the decal and carefully place it on the car, using a credit card or squeegee to smooth out any air bubbles. Finally, remove the transfer tape and your decal should be securely in place.

Can car decals be removed?

Yes, car decals can be removed. The process may vary depending on the type of decal and how long it has been on the car. Generally, heating the decal with a hairdryer or heat gun can make it easier to peel off. Any remaining adhesive can be removed with rubbing alcohol or a commercial adhesive remover.

How long will a car decal last?

The lifespan of a car decal can vary depending on factors such as the quality of the decal, exposure to weather and sunlight, and how well it was applied. In general, a high-quality decal can last up to 5 years with proper care and placement on the car.

Can I design my own car decal?

Yes, you can design your own car decal. Pampered Chef offers a variety of customizable car decals that can be personalized with your own text or graphics. Simply choose a design and follow the instructions to add your own touch. We also offer a variety of pre-made designs to choose from.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefjeanine
Replies
Views
sfdavis918
  • pampurredmom
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire