• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Window Cling or Magnet for Your Car?

In summary, according to the summarizer, the magnets are not as good as the window cling and the cling has started to peel off. The cling is better for going faster than 50 mph, the magnets are better for staying on the car, and the decals are better for getting people interested in your business.
sddmom2
Would you recommend purchasing a window cling from Merrill or a Magnet for a car to advertise?
I have looked at Merrill's window cling and at Jeri's Sign's for magnet type. How long does the cling last for those who own one? Is it easy to put on? Does it stay on well?
Would you say it has or has not brought you any business?
Which is better? Thanks!

Personally I would go with the window cling if it "clings" to the inside of the window. The magnets are nice but you have to take them off before going faster then like 50mph. I would always forget and mine would fly off going down the road! lol

Kristina21 said:
Personally I would go with the window cling if it "clings" to the inside of the window. The magnets are nice but you have to take them off before going faster then like 50mph. I would always forget and mine would fly off going down the road! lol

I have a magnet and haven't had a problem with going fast. Just make sure the magnet is a good strong one...I only take it off when I wash the car (I had two, but dh washed my car and lost one of them :grumpy:. Now I'm saving for another magnet).

I put the White Window Stickers on my White Trailblazer. I have had 1 person ask me for a catalog, nothing came of that. All of my kids friends know me as the Pampered Chef Truck. Someone had suggested putting catalogs on the windshield with a Take One sign, I am going to try that, we shall see how that goes!!!!

One of my magnets fell off WHILE DRIVING!

So I got the cling ons, they are holding up.

I also got my website on a sticker from jerisigns.com (as you will see a long thread about this) but the sticker from that is starting to peel off.

I never really got much from either, but its worth having it, YOU NEVER KNOW

Up until lats week, I had both -- I had magnets on the sides of my van and decals on the back window. I've gotten lots of business from both....as a matter of fact, from them, I got a $1200 show that led to many more $1000+ shows and a couple of recruits!

Anyway - I just got a new van and the magnets don't work on it...I need to put a new decal on the back window and I think I'll get the decals for the rear side windows to make up for my missing magnets

I have the magnets on the sides of my car from Merrill. I really liked them up until a few months ago. I didn't have trouble with them flying off of my car, but the clear film has started peeling off. So now the film is flapping in the breeze.

I seem to remember other people having that problem. Bummer. I seem to get a little interest from them. One lady wrote my phone number down while at a stop light so that she could call me and see if I would be interested in doing a craft fair. They needed vendors.

I need to see about replacing them, but I am leary about doing the Merrill ones again. I need to try something else I guess.

Tracy

I've had the Merrill magents for not quite a year, and I drive 70mph on the freeway, and they stay on just fine.

They're on both sides - not in the back.

I'm gun shy about magnets... especially now that we have nice cars. I like the decal... it's subtle but still visible. I don't know that it's a cling though... once it's on there, it's on there... it's definitely more of a sticker/label than a cling that you can remove and reuse...

I just bought two clings from a local person with my phone number on them. I didn't go magnets b/c I didn't want to mess up my car. I have a Lexus & they told me I would have to take them off once a week & clean them plus not all cars & doors are the same. If you have a curve in the door it could keep the magnet from not staying on good. My clings weren't that hard but they weren't that easy either. Getting the air bubbles out is the hardest thing....I used a stoneware scrapper & my boyfriends muscles. :)

I have a window cling on the back of my Explorer. Yesterday my husband took it to get new tires and has to go back today to have a tire sensor changed. One of the wives was there and wanted my husband to take catalogs in today so she and her sister could look at it. They want to have a catalog show. They didn't know who sold PC. You never know where the opportunity will arise.

1. What is the difference between a window cling and a magnet for your car?

A window cling is a type of decal that adheres to a smooth surface, such as a car window, without the use of adhesive. It can be easily removed and repositioned without leaving any residue behind. A magnet, on the other hand, is a flexible material with a magnetic back that can be attached to metal surfaces, such as a car door or trunk. It can also be easily removed and repositioned, but it may leave some residue or damage the surface it is attached to.

2. Which one is better for my car, a window cling or a magnet?

It ultimately depends on your personal preference and the type of car you have. If you have a car with a non-metal surface, such as a fiberglass or aluminum body, a window cling would be the better option. If you have a metal car, both options will work well, but a magnet may be more secure and less likely to fall off while driving.

3. Can I customize a window cling or magnet for my car?

Yes, both window clings and magnets can be customized with your desired text, images, or logos. At Pampered Chef, we offer a variety of designs and personalization options for our window clings and magnets.

4. How do I apply a window cling or magnet to my car?

For a window cling, make sure the surface is clean and dry before applying. Gently peel off the cling from its backing and press it onto the desired location on your car window. Smooth out any air bubbles with your hand. For a magnet, simply place it on the desired location on your car and press down firmly.

5. How long will a window cling or magnet last on my car?

The longevity of a window cling or magnet depends on various factors such as weather conditions, sun exposure, and how well it is applied. Generally, a well-maintained window cling can last up to a year, while a magnet can last several years with proper care.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kaseydee
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • BeckyC5830