• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Are Our New Directors Doing?

In summary, the conversation focused on the successes and struggles of being a director for a team. The director mentioned their team's productivity and growth, as well as their own learning and mentorship. However, they also expressed frustration with recruiting new members. They shared their approach to recruiting, which involves mentioning the business during shows and offering support to potential consultants. They also expressed their dislike for the push from headquarters to recruit and instead focus on the benefits of the business for themselves and others.
DebPC
Staff member
We'd love to hear your successes and any struggles. This is usually a teams most productive time of year.

I'm still "in training." LOL! My team did over $7000 a month each of my first two months as Director (I have 7 actively selling).

I have one recruit who is about to go inactive (kitnapper) but keeps reappearing from out of nowhere telling me she wants to meet and get started then disappears again, and two more who are just getting started. Overall, things are going great.

I am almost not "new" anymore, promoted in January. My year has been pretty steady with a slow growth to my overall team, consistent learning for me on how to work with each team member and really embracing the mentor part of being a director.

I have 10 on my team right now and 7 are active; the other 3 tend to come in and out of activity (some of the 7 do too) but I feel I'm getting better at being the support system to keep everyone focused on staying active and achieve their goals. Some want $$$, some want products, some just want to be around other adults!

My biggest problem remains an inability to find a groove with recruiting new recruits. I feel I am an excellent director and love helping others achieve. I have read and reread and listened and relistened to all training on the subject of reruiting but still slow. Don't worry, I know I'll get it sooner or later but it is a frustration.

So...that's my story!

happypcgal said:
My biggest problem remains an inability to find a groove with recruiting new recruits. I feel I am an excellent director and love helping others achieve. I have read and reread and listened and relistened to all training on the subject of reruiting but still slow. Don't worry, I know I'll get it sooner or later but it is a frustration.

I'm probably going to jinx myself by sharing what I think is working for me (14 recruits since April), but here goes:

I make a couple passing references to the business during my show, but towards the end I simply say: "I've been a consultant for xxx months [1 year for me now], and I am very comfortable recommending it. I'd be glad to share any information if you think this may be a good opportunity for you." It's a sincere statement that comes from the heart....and I think people see that. I then offer again, individually, during the check-out process. (Most of my team members are actually former hosts.)

My whole approach though, is that it has to be right for them and only they can decide that. If they are remotely interested, I tell them I will work with them to ensure they are set up for success before they sign. From there, it's a matter of hearing what it is they want out of the business and respecting that.

I really don't like the whole 'recruiting thing.' The push from HO has me deleting anything they send out about it. I just try to stay focused on how much this business gives back to me and how it can do the same for others. I try very hard to give the potential consultant the space to make her decision. (That said, I do point out that going for it is essentially risk free :angel:)

leggy

legacypc46 said:
I'm probably going to jinx myself by sharing what I think is working for me (14 recruits since April), but here goes:

I make a couple passing references to the business during my show, but towards the end I simply say: "I've been a consultant for xxx months [1 year for me now], and I am very comfortable recommending it. I'd be glad to share any information if you think this may be a good opportunity for you." It's a sincere statement that comes from the heart....and I think people see that. I then offer again, individually, during the check-out process. (Most of my team members are actually former hosts.)

My whole approach though, is that it has to be right for them and only they can decide that. If they are remotely interested, I tell them I will work with them to ensure they are set up for success before they sign. From there, it's a matter of hearing what it is they want out of the business and respecting that.

I really don't like the whole 'recruiting thing.' The push from HO has me deleting anything they send out about it. I just try to stay focused on how much this business gives back to me and how it can do the same for others. I try very hard to give the potential consultant the space to make her decision. (That said, I do point out that going for it is essentially risk free :angel:)

leggy
Ever since I started SAYING my numbers of new recruits have grown too.

Thanks for sharing leggy!

Related to How Are Our New Directors Doing?

1. How many new directors have been hired in the past year?

The specific number of new directors hired in the past year may vary depending on the region, but overall, Pampered Chef has hired a significant number of new directors to join our team.

2. What is the training process like for new directors?

The training process for new directors at Pampered Chef is comprehensive and ongoing. They receive a combination of classroom training, virtual learning, and on-the-job coaching to ensure they have the necessary skills and knowledge to be successful in their role.

3. How have the new directors been performing so far?

The new directors at Pampered Chef have been performing exceptionally well. They have shown a strong understanding of our company's values and have been able to quickly adapt to their roles and responsibilities.

4. What kind of support do the new directors receive from the company?

Pampered Chef provides extensive support to our new directors, including ongoing training, mentorship, and resources to help them succeed in their roles. We also have a strong network of experienced directors who are always willing to offer guidance and support.

5. What can we expect from the new directors in the upcoming months?

We have high expectations for our new directors and believe that they will continue to excel in their roles. We anticipate that they will bring fresh ideas and perspectives to the company and contribute to our overall success and growth.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
jwpamp
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • sildenafilforte
  • Buy and Sell Items