• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Check in with Our Directors: How Are Things Going?

In summary, Ellen is doing well as a director, and is looking forward to April when she will be paid for both the current month and the new career plan. She is also struggling with keeping her own calendar full and is praying for grace and strength.
DebPC
Staff member
I just thought I'd check in with our newer directors to see how things are going.

I am doing very well- I was a bit apprehensive about promoting to director at Leadership, and only having 3 months to get my structure in place, but I am set- My recruit that signed in December has 2 consultants already, and another on my team has recruited 1 so far!!! I recruited 1 in January, and One in March, and I would like to recruit another 1 this month. Right now, I have 10 in my 1st line (2 of which will go with their diiector when she promotes)

Wow!! Way to go Sue!! That's the way to be a Director. Congratulations!

That is awesome, Sue!! You are doing GREAT!

I'm not a new director but wanted to share that I had the BEST call today from my newest consultant! She called to thank ME for bringing her into this biz! She's done $2k in her first 30 days and signed her first recruit today. (Tomorrow is her 30-day mark). She is so stoked and so happy! :sun:

Things like that make the poopy-heads easier to deal with!!!! ;)

finley1991 said:

Love that reference! :)

Well I still need TWO of my team members to recruit by April 1st. I am trying super hard not to stress. I have a few on my team that WANT to recruit but whether they will by the end of the month is another story. My newest recruit (signed just 2 weeks ago) has a lead so that is great! I will keep you all posted. Say a prayer for me!

Ellen - you actually have the month of April too! I didn't realize that until HO training the other day. Remember, with the new plan you are paid for the current month. so, if you are a director on March 31st, then you will go into the new plan as a director. As long as you get your team in line by April 30th, you are good. If not, you are still a director, just being paid as a TL...clear as mud? You won't lose your D title for 3 months even if you are paid at a lower level.

pamperedlinda said:
Ellen - you actually have the month of April too! I didn't realize that until HO training the other day. Remember, with the new plan you are paid for the current month. so, if you are a director on March 31st, then you will go into the new plan as a director. As long as you get your team in line by April 30th, you are good. If not, you are still a director, just being paid as a TL...clear as mud? You won't lose your D title for 3 months even if you are paid at a lower level.

Didn't they also say that we'd be paid at whichever was higher through July? - current plan or new plan

bethcooks4u said:
Didn't they also say that we'd be paid at whichever was higher through July? - current plan or new plan

I'm not sure about that. I'd love it!

bethcooks4u said:

Yes... from the new career plan q&A:

Income Transition
For everyone who is a Director, Advanced Director or Senior Director on April 1: In April, May, and June, we will calculate your earnings under the new career plan AND the old plan.
We will pay you the higher of the two plans, for those three months.
To be eligible, you must have at least $750 in personal commissionable sales for the month.

Thanks Colleen & Beth - there are so many details! This is good news.

Thank you all for posting all of this. I have a gal who recruited right away but now both of them are sort of fading... actually the first one never lit up too much! Her recruit is going to "try" to stay active.. so I don't think that line will be there for me in April at all. SO... I am praying and working with my team to grasp the vision of the gift as much as I can and I'm just praying and working and believing that some of them will recruit. I want so much for them to know that joy too!

I'm doing alright as far as recruiting...something I struggled with for ages and now they're flying out of the woodwoorks! What I'm struggling with is keeping my own calendar full. I've been so busy supporting my team, I've let that plate stop spinning (and I know, that's just sounds like nothing but an excuse...I'm working on it, believe me!)

I've had one of my senior consultants go inactive this month, but I'm looking at a potential consultant (my host from yesterday) and her friend and will have one sign under the other, so I should be good to go!

Yes- it can be hard when your team is growing fast to meet their needs and still keep a good focus on your personal business.

Kristen, I am having the same problem- I guess that is why they stress balanced business, but that is so hard to do when you really do not know what you are doing yet- I hope that NDA will help with this.

finley1991 said:

Aaaah, yes, the poopie heads!! Luckily they are out numbered!

My team is growing and are so excited. It is so nice to see. I was sharing with them at our last meeting that pursuing others to join their team will bring them rewards far beyond what they would ever imagine.

Sure there are the carrots and the cash:money: but it struck me this Christmas as I received pictures of my team members with their husbands and small children grinning for their family pictures...I have helped each and everyone of them. It is like they are my family too. I got teary eyed, which is sort of like me but not at meetings. I shared with them that it was then that I think I really "got it". When you think of what you can bring to others without giving one thought to what you will gain...the feeling is incredible. And then you will have no hesitation in asking someone...even if you just know you will hear another "no".

Mrssyvo said:
Kristen, I am having the same problem- I guess that is why they stress balanced business, but that is so hard to do when you really do not know what you are doing yet- I hope that NDA will help with this.

Just keep doing what you can! Just when you think you have hit a balance, there will be something to knock you out of whack!

There will be great times, good times, ok times, bad times and really rotten times. But the highs will be higher as you set your sights on where you want to go. Don't look back, just look forward!!

baychef said:
Aaaah, yes, the poopie heads!! Luckily they are out numbered!

My team is growing and are so excited. It is so nice to see. I was sharing with them at our last meeting that pursuing others to join their team will bring them rewards far beyond what they would ever imagine.

Sure there are the carrots and the cash:money: but it struck me this Christmas as I received pictures of my team members with their husbands and small children grinning for their family pictures...I have helped each and everyone of them. It is like they are my family too. I got teary eyed, which is sort of like me but not at meetings. I shared with them that it was then that I think I really "got it". When you think of what you can bring to others without giving one thought to what you will gain...the feeling is incredible. And then you will have no hesitation in asking someone...even if you just know you will hear another "no".

What a great post to read! Thank you for sharing!

Related to Check in with Our Directors: How Are Things Going?

1. How often should we check in with our directors?

It is recommended to check in with your directors at least once a week. However, the frequency may vary depending on the needs and progress of your team. Some directors may prefer more frequent check-ins, while others may only need to touch base every other week.

2. What should be covered during a check-in with our directors?

During a check-in, you should discuss any updates or changes in the business, review goals and progress, address any concerns or challenges, and provide support and guidance as needed. It is also a good time to provide recognition and celebrate successes.

3. How can we ensure effective communication during a check-in?

Make sure to schedule the check-in in advance and set a clear agenda. Encourage open and honest communication, and actively listen to your directors. Use this time to also ask for feedback and suggestions on how to improve communication and support within the team.

4. Is it necessary to have face-to-face check-ins with our directors?

While face-to-face check-ins are ideal, they may not always be possible. In these cases, utilize video conferencing or phone calls to maintain a personal connection. However, try to have at least some face-to-face check-ins throughout the year to build relationships and strengthen communication.

5. What should we do if our directors are struggling or falling behind?

If your directors are struggling, offer support and resources to help them get back on track. Discuss any challenges they may be facing and brainstorm solutions together. It's important to show understanding and provide guidance rather than placing blame or becoming frustrated.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Gypsy Rose
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Gypsy Rose
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • BethCooks4U
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies