• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Housewarming Party Etiquette: Is It Tacky?

In summary, it is up to personal preference whether or not to invite coworkers to a housewarming party, but it may be more appropriate to only invite those with whom you have a closer relationship. It is considered impolite to include registry information in the invitation and to ask for specific gifts or for guests to bring food or drinks. The duration of a housewarming party can vary from 2-4 hours depending on the type of event. It is polite to inform guests ahead of time if you have a no-shoe policy, but not appropriate for more formal events.
kncmurray
Gold Member
Would it be tacky for a host to have a housewarming party? Has anyone done this before? If so how did it turn out?

Re: Housewarming?
kncmurray said:
Would it be tacky for a host to have a housewarming party? Has anyone done this before? If so how did it turn out?

I don't see why it would be tacky? One of the reasons people like to have a show is to show off a new kitchen. And one of the reasons people do a housewarming party is for gifts. Makes sense to me. No tackier than a bridal shower, in my opinion (and I don't think they are tacky!).

Re: Housewarming?I have to say that I think it depends on what part of the country you are from. I spent 8 months on the East coast and I am a true West Coast girl and sometimes they might as well be seperate countries. Back in my country (just kidding) I think housewarming parties are acceptable. But I have read threads before where some people think it is "tacky".
I think if you were going to have a house warming party anyway, especially if its a first home purchase that there is nothing wrong with a Pampered Chef party along the lines of the wedding registry or the suprise kitchen party recently mentioned.
I really don't think there is a wrong or right answer to this, just opinions!!
Tammy

Related to Housewarming Party Etiquette: Is It Tacky?

1. Is it appropriate to invite coworkers to a housewarming party?

It is completely up to you whether or not you want to invite coworkers to your housewarming party. However, it may be considered more appropriate to only invite coworkers who you have a closer relationship with rather than inviting your entire office.

2. Should I include registry information in the invitation?

It is considered poor etiquette to include registry information in any type of invitation, including a housewarming party invitation. If guests ask about a registry, you can provide the information to them directly.

3. Can I ask for specific gifts or request that guests bring food or drinks?

It is generally considered rude to ask for specific gifts or to request that guests bring food or drinks to a housewarming party. Your guests may bring gifts or food as a gesture of kindness, but it should not be expected or requested.

4. How long should a housewarming party last?

A housewarming party can last anywhere from two to four hours, depending on the type of event you are hosting. If you are having a more formal dinner party, it may last longer. However, if you are having an open house style party, it may only last a couple of hours.

5. Is it appropriate to ask guests to remove their shoes?

It is considered polite to let your guests know ahead of time if you have a no-shoe policy in your home. You can include this information in the invitation or have a sign at the entrance of your home. However, it is not appropriate to ask guests to remove their shoes if you are hosting a more formal event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• brendaziz
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
RMDave
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
jenniferlynne