1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings Housewarming Party sorta like a Registry

1. Humble Beginnings

Humble Beginnings Advanced Member

Hi Cheffers,

I need to run this pass you as I'm sure I'll get some great advice. I have a friend who is throwing a housewarming party. She registered at Home Depot but I asked her if she needed kitchen products she said "YES". So I immediately thought about the registry but it's for brides, she is recently divorce so that wouldn't work. So I set her up as a regular show and told her to add items to her wishlist which she did. Now I'm thinking of what to put the list on and what to say to guest so when it goes out with the invitations they will know what this is. Any ideas? Also the only concern I have is if someone orders a duplicate item how to resolve that as well as how can I make it fun for her to open something at the party so she knows what she's getting since I can't close the show until she picks her host items. Please advice and thank you in advance!

2. cindylpal

cindylpal Member Gold Member

For my Wedding Showers I make little "gift tags" with the couples registry items and hang them on this grapevine trellis that I made! Then I have the guest come and select the item/items that would like to purchase for the bride...this avoids the duplicates! You could maybe do the same type of thing...maybe something with each of her wish list items on...and then clothes pin them onto a clothes line!!!

Game idea...give your guests a tic tac toe grid....have them fill the 9 squares with what they think are the hostesses wish list items...call off her wish list items one by one...first to get tac tac toe....wins!!!!

Aug 8, 2009
  3. Aunticooks

Aunticooks Member Gold Member

Cindy:

What a great game idea!!! I'll have to store this one in my bank of games.
    thanks

Aug 9, 2009
Have something to add?