• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hosting a Show in Loveland, CO: Should I Push Bookings?

In summary, In summary, my past host just moved to Loveland, CO and wanted to have a show there. I don't mind doing it, but I don't want to miss out on bookings either. I am definately going to try to turn the bookings into catalog shows or book the shows for onr a month only.
Rebeccascabinet
I am having a show this saturday in Loveland, CO, about 2 hours away from Denver. My past host just moved there about 6 months ago and she wanted to have a show in her new place. I know its far, but she's a friend and I don't mind doing it (the hubby and kids are coming and we got a room for the night). My question is this: Should I push bookings? I don't particullary want to do any shows that far away( with gas and extra expenses unless its a $1000 show its not worth it), but I don't want to miss out on bookings either. I am def. pushing recruiting should I push bookings or not?
Any advice would be appreciated.

I think you should still talk about bookings. Then if you get someone interested in the business, give those bookings to her. Tell them you need someone out there to do all the shows for you!

I agree -- get the bookings. Say to each person at check out that if they are interested in the business opportunity they can have any of the booking you get tonight.

One thing I heard at conference last year that I have adopted is to do this: When you're doing the door prize slips, ask everyone to flip their slips over and write on the back the answer to this one question: "If Holly Host were to start her own PC business, would you host a show to help her start her business?" Sometimes, the host might have an inkling of interest but wonder where she'll get bookings. Sometimes the host has no interest and the friends say, "YEAH! Holly would be GREAT at this!" Sometimes nothing comes of it, but it's something to think of....

If she's that good of a friend, to travel out there once a month to do a show will be a good excuse to get together and not lose touch!

You could always encourage catalog shows, too. Either way, don't turn down bookings!!

I have done shows two hours away from me before.......I go after the bookings, the way I think about it is... I get to write off the miliage, the gas, and the hotel if I stay the night...... But I also tell the guest I do live two hours away but I dont' mind traveling...... but that is my personal perfeance..... I also drive the same distance twice aweek for school....yes I am crazy... LOL

Thanks for the advice. I def. don't want to turn down bookings. I am going to try to turn them into catalog shows or book the shows for onr a month only up there.
It's not really the drive time that bothers me, but its up in the mountains and
with all the snow we've had all winter I just don't want to drive it.
Yes, I am looking forward to all the tax deductions too!

I say go for the bookings.

I live in a rural area. It's not unusual for me to do a show that's 1 1/2 or 2 hours away from home. I only schedule these on Saturdays, and only with start times between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. This way I avoid an overnight stay. I also insist (with very rare exceptions) on closing the same day.

speedychef said:
One thing I heard at conference last year that I have adopted is to do this: When you're doing the door prize slips, ask everyone to flip their slips over and write on the back the answer to this one question: "If Holly Host were to start her own PC business, would you host a show to help her start her business?" Sometimes, the host might have an inkling of interest but wonder where she'll get bookings. Sometimes the host has no interest and the friends say, "YEAH! Holly would be GREAT at this!" Sometimes nothing comes of it, but it's something to think of....

I use these compliments of Tom Marston. I of course adapted it to my liking a little bit!!I got 7 bookings last night for my new recruit! Those slips work!!!

Attachments

• GuestDoorPrize OVERHEAD.doc
    33.5 KB · Views: 370
Rebecca,
I am about 15 - 20 minutes away from Loveland, if I can help in any way, please let me know.

raebates said:
I say go for the bookings.

I live in a rural area. It's not unusual for me to do a show that's 1 1/2 or 2 hours away from home. I only schedule these on Saturdays, and only with start times between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. This way I avoid an overnight stay. I also insist (with very rare exceptions) on closing the same day.

I do have it scheduled for noon on saturday. The only reason we are staying overnight is that we have thousands of unused Marriott reward points to use up, so the hotel is free. i did tell her I wanted to close her show the same day too. I guess great minds think alike! :)
Thanks for all the advice, wish me luck!

I would go for the gusto with bookings, then offer them to the host. Tell her she only needs to buy the kit and do 4 shows and you already have ___ bookings for her! It might sweeten the deal enough that she signs. Even if she doesn't want to sell PC she can get some catty shows done, you will get points when she qualifies, and you won't have to drive 2 hours again!

Good Luck!!!!!

Kristi,

Thanks for sharing your door prize slip. I'm going to try these out at my next show!

Michele

Bookings!!I would definitely go for bookings. I once did a catty show about 2 1/2 hours from my home and it turned into a $700 show. It was great and no one was a PC consultant there.
I really stressed the great opportunity for anyone wanting to join PC, because there was no other PC consultant in that town.
No one took me up on that offer but I enjoy catty shows from them once in a while. I wouldn't drive all the way up there for a show because I really don't have any friends or family there but if I did, I would definitely go up there and do two shows in one day!!

Debbie :D

gilliandanielle said:
I would go for the gusto with bookings, then offer them to the host. Tell her she only needs to buy the kit and do 4 shows and you already have ___ bookings for her! It might sweeten the deal enough that she signs. Even if she doesn't want to sell PC she can get some catty shows done, you will get points when she qualifies, and you won't have to drive 2 hours again!

And wont she get kit credit for hosting a show?

Miss Cori said:
And wont she get kit credit for hosting a show?

Yes if she wants to use a kit credit!!:D

MicheleC said:
Kristi,

Thanks for sharing your door prize slip. I'm going to try these out at my next show!

Michele

Michele,

No problem! They definitely help!:D

Girls' night at the Marriott! I don't blame you for staying.

Good luck!

Thanks Kristi for the slips, I love them. Question how do you print these 2 to a page then use a paper cutter???? Inquiring minds have to know!!

Related to Hosting a Show in Loveland, CO: Should I Push Bookings?

1. Should I push my guests to book a show during my party?

No, you should not push your guests to book a show during your party. It is important to respect your guests' decisions and not pressure them into something they may not be interested in. Simply provide information about hosting a show and let them decide if it's something they are interested in.

2. Is there a minimum number of bookings I need to have for my show to be successful?

There is no set minimum number of bookings for a successful show. However, the more bookings you have, the more rewards and benefits you will receive as a host. We recommend aiming for at least 5-7 bookings to make your show even more successful.

3. How can I encourage my guests to book a show without being pushy?

The best way to encourage your guests to book a show is by sharing your personal experience and the benefits you have received from hosting a show. You can also offer incentives, such as free products or discounts, to make it more appealing for them to book a show.

4. What if my guests are not interested in hosting a show?

If your guests are not interested in hosting a show, that is okay. You can still earn rewards and benefits as a host by simply having a successful show and making sales. You can also ask if they would be interested in attending a future show as a guest or if they know anyone who might be interested in hosting a show.

5. Can I host a show outside of Loveland, CO and still receive the same benefits?

Yes, you can host a show outside of Loveland, CO and still receive the same benefits. Pampered Chef is a global company, and we encourage hosts to share our products and benefits with friends and family all over the world. However, please note that the availability of certain products and shipping fees may vary by location.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• luvmypomeranian
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
mountainmama74
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Pampered Laura
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies