• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Open House Tonight, Should I Do the Ticket Game for Bookings?

In summary, Karen is doing an open house this evening and she is really looking forward to it. Her upline let her borrow the rest of the new fall stuff so she has it all on display. Karen has signs up in the neighborhood and is just excited about this. However, there was an email out saying that consultants who host their own show have a chance at winning a fall product. Karen's upline is really pushing her to do the ticket game - 1 for ordering, 2 for over $60 or more, 5 if they book a September show. Karen is torn - should she or shouldn't she do the ticket game for host benefits? Karen is sitting at $122 in sales and no booking and no leads and is not
thehaleykitchen
Gold Member
Morning all!
I am doing an open house this evening and I am really looking forward to it. My upline let me borrow the rest of the new fall stuff so I have it all on display! I have signs up in the neighborhood and just over all excited about this!

One thing though. There was an email out saying that consultants who host their own show have a chance at winning a fall product (or the top 25 will win them all). My upline is really pushing me to do the ticket game: 1 for ordering, 2 for over $60 or more, 5 if they book a September show, etc.... Here's my deal: I want this show to go in under my name! Should I or shouldn't I do the ticket game for host benefits? I am torn!

What your thought cheffers?

Thanks,
Karen

What did you decide? How did it go?

I didn't see this earlier. You could put yourself as the main host, and then the winner as the co-host. Would that still count for the promotion?

If it's a big enough show, maybe you could split it into 2 shows?

Yeah....had four people walk in my door :(Sitting at $122 in sales and no booking and no leads......Not even going to bother with the ticket thing, though I did put it out. I guess my question is now what? That was my last chance to break out of my circle! Ugh. At least I have one show for Sept. and one lined up for Oct. so at least I will be staying active. Next time I think I will set up in my garage and just have the stuff out ~ and make it open like a garage sale. Oh well, onto the next thing!Karen

There is the saying that hindsight is 20/20....so it might be good to go over how you did the show.

First, did you call it an "Open House" when inviting and advertising? I have found that when I called it an open house - no one showed up. An open house is open ended and vague, and doesn't give people good reason to show up at a specific time, so they end up not showing up at all. This year I called mine a Fall Extravaganza. That seems to work much better.

Also - you talked about having signs up all over, but did you actually personally invite people? People won't come because they see a sign on the street - unless it's a garage sale. AND if you set up your stuff in your garage like a garage sale, people will come expecting one, with that type of pricing.

Personal Invitation is the only way you will have people show up at an event like this. You need RSVP's so you have a count of how many you are expecting to show up - then you don't have the unexpected disappointment of low attendance.

I'm sorry that it was a disappointment ~ the only advice I have is to keep moving forward. Keep asking, and going for NO, and keep talking about the amazing benefits of hosting a show this Fall! Check into finding a booth or two to do - there are usually an abundance of those in the Fall - and that could really help with getting your name out there and getting some bookings for the Fall.

Get on the phone, call those who said would be there and didn't make it, call on spice/sauce/rub orders do they need to replenish. Post Hosts they can take advantage of 10% discount. Good Luck!!

1. Should I offer the ticket game at my open house for bookings?

Yes, offering the ticket game is a great way to incentivize guests to book a party with you. It creates a sense of excitement and competition and can help generate more bookings.

2. How does the ticket game work?

The ticket game involves giving each guest a certain number of tickets upon arrival. Throughout the open house, guests can use their tickets to enter into a raffle for a prize. To enter, they must book a party with you or bring a friend to book a party. The more tickets they use, the better their chances of winning the prize.

3. What are some good prizes to offer for the ticket game?

The prize you offer should be something that is desirable and related to your business. This could be a popular kitchen gadget, a gift card to a local restaurant, or a free product from your Pampered Chef line. You can also offer a discount on a future purchase or a free product as a prize.

4. How many tickets should I give each guest?

This will depend on the number of guests you expect to attend and the value of the prize you are offering. A good rule of thumb is to give each guest enough tickets to enter the raffle at least once, but not so many that they can enter multiple times without booking a party. You can also vary the number of tickets based on the level of booking you are hoping to achieve.

5. Can I do the ticket game at every open house?

Yes, the ticket game can be used at any open house or party you host. It is a fun and effective way to generate more bookings and engage with your guests. However, you may want to switch up the prize or the number of tickets given to keep it fresh and exciting for returning guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperChefCarol
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
jessicafawn
  • milkangel
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • leshelman