• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Co-Hosting and Booking Benefit Question

In summary, the question is about booking benefits for co-hosted shows where one host had a show with a past host and the other had a show with a different host. The suggestion is to submit the show as two separate shows to allow both hosts to receive the booking benefit, or to let the co-hosts work out a solution for splitting the benefit. Other suggestions include using it as a recruiting opportunity, encouraging an even number of bookings, and giving one host the option to use a half-priced item for the second monthly host special. Another question is about splitting free and half-priced items if one of the hosts only wants a 10% off card, and the suggestion is to enter the free and half-priced items on the other host's order
adeeremom
I have a question for all of you. I've looked for the answer but have not come up with anything so I'm asking you.

Here's the situation: I had a host, Nik, that did a show in November and had Marcia book a party from her. Then in February I did a show for Kris and Jen booked a party from her. Now Marcia and Jen are co-hosting a show together so do both Nik and Kris get the Booking Benefit or does only one of them? If only one of them gets the Booking Benefit who should it be?

Are there any other suggestions about what I could do with this situation? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I would submit it as two shows and then they can both get the booking benefit. If not, only one of them can.

yeah, unfortunately only the current host and the past host can get the benefit. No more than 2 per show. Either divide the show into 2 shows or have them fight it out. Could be interesting. LOL! No really, what you might do is give one the host special and let the other get a half price item or an extra half price or more freebies or something like that. However it might be best to just tell them this and let them work it out.

I'm with SMS. I explain the rules and let the co-hosts make a decision.

I make sure they understand up front that there is only 1 monthly special and have never had a problem. They split the half price and monthly special items between them. If it's a $700 or more show (or they got it up another $200 or more after the show - and by the deadline we agreed on) I give them the option of using one of the half price items for the second monthly host special and I pay the 10% - that's out of my pocket since we don't get commission on that benefit but then it helped get them to the new level which is more commission for me! I sometimes also offer additional half price items for hosts who work at getting those orders. Depends on what motivates them.

I use it as a recruiting opportunity. I point out that it is a benefit directly from the company and I can't change the product or "rule" but I also don't pay anything for it (and if they got those extra sales I point out that they just did my job). I let them know I do not get commission on the host order unless they use the discount but that I am happy to help them get the most they can for free and on sale because that makes my hosts happy and they share that and I get more bookings which gives me my paycheck and again I don't have to pay for any of those host benefits.

As far as the past host benefit is concerned I ask them at their show which one of them I should put down to get the booking benefit at the new show. I always encourage an even number of bookings so that they can split them evenly. Honestly, there is rarely a problem. If it's Jane's friend booking Jane gets the benefit (even if she has 3 friends book and Mary has none) and that's what they expect. The splitting of bookings comes if it's family or close mutual friends. The other consideration is that one may not be interested in the special in the month that the new show is held. Of course, then we ask the other if she is interested in using the benefit.

You can push for bookings from their show, and then the other person can get that host special!

What if one of the hosts only wants a 10% off card, do you still have to split all of the free and 1/2 priced things? I've never entered one and have to at the end of the month for a catalog show that is being co-hosted. One of the people only wants the 10% off card....nothing more. (she won't be getting a lot of the orders the other person is) When I enter the free stuff and 1/2 off....can I enter it on the one hosts order? TIA

gratergirl said:
What if one of the hosts only wants a 10% off card, do you still have to split all of the free and 1/2 priced things? I've never entered one and have to at the end of the month for a catalog show that is being co-hosted. One of the people only wants the 10% off card....nothing more. (she won't be getting a lot of the orders the other person is) When I enter the free stuff and 1/2 off....can I enter it on the one hosts order? TIA

You can split it up any way by percentages. So you could do 40/60, 100/0 ....etc etc!

gratergirl said:
If one co-host doesn't want any of the benefits from the show I would definitely honor that (and it has happened!). Of course she gets the host discount at their show too - if she wants the 10% off she surely wants the 20-30% off that night!

1. How does co-hosting a Pampered Chef party work?

Co-hosting a Pampered Chef party means that you and another person will team up to host a party together. This can be a fun way to share the responsibility and rewards of hosting a party. You will both receive the same host benefits based on the total sales from the party.

2. Can I co-host with someone who lives in a different area?

Absolutely! You can co-host with anyone, regardless of where they live. You can even have a virtual party where you and your co-host invite friends and family from different locations to participate.

3. How do I split the host rewards with my co-host?

After the party, you and your co-host will receive a host benefit form to fill out. You can choose to split the rewards evenly, or adjust the percentages based on how much each of you contributed to the party. The rewards will then be divided accordingly.

4. Do I have to know my co-host before deciding to co-host a party?

No, you do not have to know your co-host beforehand. If you are interested in co-hosting, your Pampered Chef consultant can help match you with another interested host in your area. This is a great way to make new connections and have a successful party.

5. Can I still earn host rewards if I co-host with someone else?

Yes, you and your co-host will both receive host rewards based on the total party sales, even if you are splitting the rewards. This is a great way to earn even more benefits and have a successful party together.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJoyJ
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ChefJoyJ
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • TJMagoo
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies