• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hostess Wants to Put Full Order on Credit Card?

In summary, Danielle posted before I could get my done. Gee, why do I do things the hard way?! I mean what a concept, put the full amount under their order - DUH!!!
pc ri lisa
Gold Member
I think this is not an option but I am having a brain fart! Can anyone clarify for me. She is an out of town hostess and it would be much esier for both of us if we do it this way. Thanks for the help!:) :)

It's an option. Just don't enter payment info for anyone else and put the whole amount on her card. There will be a warning when you try to finalize that amounts don't match, but it won't hold up your order at all.

I have done it before. I just entered her credit card on every order. If she wants to collect the money, more power to her especially if she has the amount to cover it all. My host wanted it because she was earning points for a Harley and this gave her over $1,000.

Also, my dad does the same thing. He is out of town and just gives me his number and the orders. I have never been questioned.

Oh look Danielle posted before I could get my done. Gee, why do I do things the hard way?! I mean what a concept, put the full amoun under their order - DUH!!! :D

Great,Thanks for the help!

The only challenge you will have is if someone wants to return something. If a guest wants to return an item, PC will credit the host's cc and the guest will have to get the $$ from her. Probably not going to be a problem, but that's something that could come up.

In the past PC would not allow us to put a whole show on one card, but that changed sometime in the recent past.. not exactly sure when it happened.

I have done this several times. I do not put any payments in for any guest and then put the whole show amount of the host credit card. I have never had a problem at all.

I just put several shows orders on the host cc this weekend along with her order in the same way.

This works really good when you have an out of town catalog show and do not want to wait for the money via the mail.

I enter the payment for each one on the hosts credit card and warn them they may see "x" amount of charges. I figure that way, they also have the individual totals on their statements so they can mark what was theirs and what was others. ...just on entry if using P3, make sure the name on the card is changed correctly.

I was curious how it shows up in their statements and asked one time. It is billed as one lump sum payment so they won't see each individual amount.

I just wanted to second Colleen's information. My director strongly advised that I never let a host to pay everything on his/her credit card because if any of their guests need to use their guarantee or warranty, they have to go through the person who paid with their credit card to be reimbursed. PC can't deal directly with them.

So if they have 3 years stuff or 5 years stuff or even lifetime warrantied stuff, they have to hunt down the host from that specific party (even if they live across the country) and have the host reimburse them after PC reimburses the host's CC.

I wish a payment was a payment was a payment. KWIM? I have hosts who would LOVE to be paid upfront and just use their credit card.

LibrarianChef said:
I just wanted to second Colleen's information. My director strongly advised that I never let a host to pay everything on his/her credit card because if any of their guests need to use their guarantee or warranty, they have to go through the person who paid with their credit card to be reimbursed. PC can't deal directly with them.

So if they have 3 years stuff or 5 years stuff or even lifetime warrantied stuff, they have to hunt down the host from that specific party (even if they live across the country) and have the host reimburse them after PC reimburses the host's CC.

I wish a payment was a payment was a payment. KWIM? I have hosts who would LOVE to be paid upfront and just use their credit card.

This really doesn't make sense - because who is to say that a host has the same CC 1,2,3 or 5 years later? HO wouldn't always be able to credit a host - this would only apply for the 30 day money back guarantee. I have had lots of returns I have processed for guests and hosts, and never had HO question a payment method - usually, if it is past the 30 days, and it's a warranty issue - it's for an exchange - not a money back deal.

ChefBeckyD said:
This really doesn't make sense - because who is to say that a host has the same CC 1,2,3 or 5 years later? HO wouldn't always be able to credit a host - this would only apply for the 30 day money back guarantee. I have had lots of returns I have processed for guests and hosts, and never had HO question a payment method - usually, if it is past the 30 days, and it's a warranty issue - it's for an exchange - not a money back deal.

That's good to know. :) I suppose my director's concern is that I do catalog shows that are over 1,000 miles away and the hosts often gets long-distance orders from their guests. If all of their guests write checks directly to them and they pay with CC, there's simply potential for a problem (whether that ever happens, or not) that they might want to be aware of. But, if no one has had a problem then I won't lose any sleep over it if my hosts want to start doing this.

Question: If they try to get a warrantied product replaced that PC no longer carries, how would they handle that? I'm still such a newbie that I wouldn't know. And I seriously ask my director several questions a WEEK so it's nice to get some answers on here instead. ;)

Legally, purchases made on a credit card can only be returned to a credit card. I'm sure that there is a set procedure for diffent cards and such, but if the guest paid cash, she would have to get her refund from the host after her credit card was credited. I don't think it is a problem that is going to come up very often, but it could. I was still under the understanding that we weren't allowed to use one card for the complete show.

I have had returns from orders after 60 days they will issue the guest a check before 60 days they do credit the account after 1 year there is no refund on any item it is an exchange for the same item only per PC policy.

I do not think "how" they paid for the product would ever be an issue for replacement or repair. That would only be if it is was in the first 30 days and they wanted a refund. I have never been asked to make a refund and only did an exchange one time. Any time I have made a claim under the warranty, I have have NEVER been asked how they paid for it. Just the show information and they have their own receipt, it is not a reciept to the host for the whole order, each guest has their own receipt which they use for warrany purposes.

Related to Hostess Wants to Put Full Order on Credit Card?

1. Can I put my full order on credit card as a hostess?

Yes, as a hostess, you have the option to put your full order on a credit card. This can be done during the checkout process.

2. What types of credit cards are accepted for a hostess order?

We accept all major credit cards, including Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover, for hostess orders.

3. Is there a limit on the amount I can put on my credit card for a hostess order?

There is no specific limit on the amount you can put on your credit card for a hostess order. However, if the total amount exceeds your credit limit, the transaction may be declined.

4. Can I use a combination of credit cards for a hostess order?

Unfortunately, we do not currently have the option to split payments between multiple credit cards for a hostess order. You will need to use one credit card for the full order amount.

5. Are there any additional fees for using a credit card for a hostess order?

No, there are no additional fees for using a credit card to pay for a hostess order. However, please be aware of any interest or fees that may be associated with your credit card account.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefheidi2003
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • ChefinHarmony