• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host Doesn't Want to Buy the Host Special...

In summary, the conversation discusses various situations where a host or customer may not want to take advantage of a special offer or discount on Pampered Chef products. The participants in the conversation mention that they sometimes ask if they can purchase the product at the discounted price instead, and that they often use these extra products for giveaways or to add to their own kit for shows. They also mention the importance of considering the host-customer relationship when making these requests.
BlessedWifeMommy
I know this happens, but it is the bamboo this month. I love the little bowls and cracker tray. And the large bowl, and the... well you get the idea.

I know it doesn't change my commission, but I feel like she is leaving something on the table. She didn't want to but it as a gift for someone either. :grumpy:

I've had that happen as well. Twice it's happened where a previous host didn't want the booking benefit host special at the new show. Heck, my sister didn't want to buy anything when it was the 60% off anything month!!! (She let me use it instead if I traded her a round stone I don't use). :)

When that happens and it's something I'd love to have, I ask if they mind if I take advantage of their discount. Now, that depends on my relationship with the host, but they usually don't mind.

raebates said:
When that happens and it's something I'd love to have, I ask if they mind if I take advantage of their discount. Now, that depends on my relationship with the host, but they usually don't mind.

I have done this too...and you are right, it depends on the relationship I have with the host...I got 3 different sets of scrapers earlier this year when hosts and past hosts "passed". I asked them I they would mind me purchasing them for prize giveaways. The all said OK.

I've had a couple hosts this month not excited about the bamboo. They did buy a piece, but I don't think everyone's that excited about it either. Of course, neither am I. It's pretty, but the smell it all has makes me wonder what the coating is and the fact it's made in China, well...

raebates said:

I do the same thing...ask if it is ok, and I've never had anyone say no. Most of the time if a host doesn't take advantage I do...not for my kitchen but for my business.
I use the extra products at vendor events for the big give-away prize or at my own "mystery host" shows for an instant gratification prize...there are tons of ways to use these products...or sign a recruit who may be sitting on the fence when PC isn't offering a signing bonus. LOL (Again, it depends on the host special and sale price)

raebates said:

Same here! I've never had anyone say no, or seem offended! =)

Sometimes if a host is wavering (and it is something I wouldn't mind having), I tell them I will go ahead and order it and I will pay for it. If they decide they want it, all they have to do is pay me whatever the discounted price was. If they don't want it, no big deal, I will take it.

Many times, once they see the item, they want it and will pay for it. The salad spinner was one - I think it was last year - the host did not think she wanted it, but once she saw how nice it was, she took me up on my offer. Of course, if she decided it was something she did not want, I knew I would use it.

I've done that several times to use as giveaways for my Dice Game. That way I don't have to spend a lot for things. This month, the fundraiser didn't want theirs so I am getting the Large Platter to put in for my Dice Game giveaway...

I had a fundraiser this past February and the Host/Organizer wanted to raffle the 60% off any one item in the catalog... The raffle winner only wanted a Classic Scraper! I paid for the Classic Scraper for her and bought the Knife Block & Forged Cutlery Set at 60% off.
She only wanted a Scraper!!! What a waste! But... "thank you" for helping me add to my kit for shows! It's nice to go to shows and they can touch the different knives to determine which one fits better into their hands! I sold my first 3 forged cutlery knives this past Saturday!!!

TrishPCMommy said:
I had a fundraiser this past February and the Host/Organizer wanted to raffle the 60% off any one item in the catalog... The raffle winner only wanted a Classic Scraper! I paid for the Classic Scraper for her and bought the Knife Block & Forged Cutlery Set at 60% off.
She only wanted a Scraper!!! What a waste! But... "thank you" for helping me add to my kit for shows! It's nice to go to shows and they can touch the different knives to determine which one fits better into their hands! I sold my first 3 forged cutlery knives this past Saturday!!!

Yep, I would have done the same thing!

So which one would you choose this month to add to a give-away stash?

BlessedWifeMommy said:
So which one would you choose this month to add to a give-away stash?

I'm getting the cracker tray and bowls...because then I have 2 items to give away!

If you do that, can you have it shipped to you or do you have the item shipped to the host and then ask for it?

Olgha said:
If you do that, can you have it shipped to you or do you have the item shipped to the host and then ask for it?

Unless my host is out of state, or lives over an hour away, I always have the items shipped care of me. I put each order in bags and then I deliver all orders to the host. I count it as a service to the host. I tell all my hosts that if they become a consultant they don't have to do it.

I must be the only one that lost a customer/host because I did that. I asked first and she said it was ok, but when the item came in and I picked it up she seemed upset. It was the month for getting an extra $75 in free products if the total sales were over something. I ordered about $60 worth of items to bring her to that amount and ordered the 10" skillet which cost $75. It was for a bridal shower and I guess she though I would give it to the bride.

Jules711 said:
I've had a couple hosts this month not excited about the bamboo. They did buy a piece, but I don't think everyone's that excited about it either. Of course, neither am I. It's pretty, but the smell it all has makes me wonder what the coating is and the fact it's made in China, well...

What smell? Can't say any of my pieces smell:confused:

I have asked the host who is not interested in the monthly special, if I could
use it for a fundraiser or donation. This way it is not wasted and I could use it for a fundraiser raffle. Once I donated an item to the PTA of the school where they were raffling off a cooking basket to raise money. I included a catalog and business card. But I agree you do have to be careful which hosts to ask, they may say yes, but are annoyed. It's not worth losing a customer.

Chef Bobby said:
I must be the only one that lost a customer/host because I did that. I asked first and she said it was ok, but when the item came in and I picked it up she seemed upset. It was the month for getting an extra $75 in free products if the total sales were over something. I ordered about $60 worth of items to bring her to that amount and ordered the 10" skillet which cost $75. It was for a bridal shower and I guess she though I would give it to the bride.

Sorry you had that experience. I definatley would have had that show shipped to me so she wouldn't have seen what wasn't hers.

1. What if my host doesn't want to buy the host special?

No problem! The host special is a great deal, but it's completely optional for the host to purchase. They are still eligible for all of the other host rewards and benefits.

2. Can I still earn host rewards if the host doesn't buy the host special?

Yes, the host can still earn free and discounted products based on the party sales, even if they choose not to purchase the host special.

3. Is there a minimum purchase requirement for the host special?

Yes, there is usually a minimum purchase amount required in order for the host to qualify for the host special. This amount may vary depending on the specific host special being offered.

4. Can the host special be combined with other offers or discounts?

In most cases, the host special cannot be combined with other offers or discounts. However, there may be exceptions, so it's always best to check with your consultant for specific details.

5. What if the host changes their mind and decides to purchase the host special after the party?

If the host decides to purchase the host special after the party, they can still do so within the designated time frame (usually a few days after the party). However, the purchase will not count towards the party sales and will not affect the host rewards earned.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RachelLyn915
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
workingontwo
  • lindy0116
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mountainmama74
  • chellb1234