• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Honesty and Miscarriage: Navigating My First Show Tonight

In summary, the author is considering whether or not to tell her small audience why she may need to sit down often during her performance. She is worried that doing so will be too much of a downer for the show, but ultimately decides to tell the truth and hope for the best.
britishchef
It's my first show tonight. I'm in the process of miscarrying twins, and I'm in a lot of pain. I don't want to cancel though, for various reasons. It will be a relatively small show (7 people). Since it's all women I'm wondering if I should just come out and tell them why I may need to sit down a lot and/or have them help out by doing various things for me. I can't make up my mind whether to do that or just try and act as normal. What would you do?

britishchef said:
It's my first show tonight. I'm in the process of miscarrying twins, and I'm in a lot of pain. I don't want to cancel though, for various reasons. It will be a relatively small show (7 people). Since it's all women I'm wondering if I should just come out and tell them why I may need to sit down a lot and/or have them help out by doing various things for me. I can't make up my mind whether to do that or just try and act as normal. What would you do?

OMG!!! I'm sooooooooooooo sorry & my heart breaks for you. If you REALLY dont want to cancel, I would just tell everyone that you're having a little problem & then TRY to be as normal as possible. I think telling the truth might be too much of a downer & could dampen the show. Again I am so sorry.

I agree. I am currently miscarrying as well and had a show on Tuesday. I wouldn't tell them the specifics, and load up on as much pain meds as you can take without getting loopy. I'm sorry that you are feeling horribly, and that you are losing yours as well. Best of luck to you.

Oh wow - I am so sorry - both of you britishchef and jennie.
Big hugs to you.

Thanks ladies. I decided not to say anything... the hostess already knows. But I don't want people to feel guilty for coming to the show and keeping me from resting, ya know?

I am so sorry to hear that. You are in my prayers. I would tell your guests that you are having a pregnancy problem or that you are having some complications and need to take it easy. it is all women and it is a small group. you can also just make up your mind when you are there. Feel it out. I hope the best for you. I will be praying!!!

I'm so sorry to hear that you're both going through that. I think it's good that you put it out there that you're not feeling that great and having some issues that way you'll feel better about needing to sit down and take it easy with out worrying what they're thinking. I'm so sorry.....here are some (((((hugs))))).:(

I agree with those who have posted - but just wanted to add my sympathy and let you know one more will be praying for you! You have alot of support here - for what its worth during this difficult time....(both of you - Britishchef & Jennie)

britishchef said:

As far as the show I agree just let people know you are under the weather.

As far as the miscarrages
My heart breaks for both of you. It's better now then later though. I have experienced both side of it, a miscarrage as well as having to bury my daughter's 10 day old twin sis. Every time I hear a story like this I can't help but share my sweet angel Kiley's story.

I was lucky enough that the ho put in for leave for me so I had time to heal my heart before I had to go back to a show. But I struggle every time I tell why I started PC, because the truth is/was I joined pc because I was having twins.

If you either of you ever need a shoulder I'm here.

Last edited:
SO Sorry!! :(I am so sorry that your going through a miscarriage, I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.. Big Hugz......I have had to sit down at a show because I hurt my ankle I just told them that they get to enjoy the cook sitting for once.. I made a little joke about sitting down.. no one was the wiser..... God Bless.... hope you feel better soon :(

britishchef said:

prayers to you both...
I, too have been on both sides sort of! I have been blessed with boy/girl twins (my last of 5 children) but I also miscarried in between. Do take care of yourself first, though. I went into preterm labor with my twins at 23 weeks along and was to be on bedrest til the end. I had a 7 year old, 4 year old and 2 year old at the time. I tried to follow dr.'s orders when I could. I know how important it is to take care of yourself first...people will understand. You don't want to complicate things for yourself down the road.
Best wishes and hugs
karlene reaser director

Oh my, as a mom of twins my heart goes out to you. Make sure you take care of yourself first.

I will send prayers for the both of you and your families.

I want both of you to know my heart aches for you. In fact, my eyes are welling with tears as I type... You and your families are in my prayers...

You know how much this affects my heart. Everything is in my TTC thread. I miscarried years ago at 16 weeks. It was AWFUL. I am sending an extra special prayer to both of you and your families. Do what you are comfortable with doing. But please, don't push yourself.

I, too, am so sorry for your losses - it's such a difficult thing to go through a miscarriage (I had one in Aug. of '99) - it does get better eventually but you never forget - I'll keep both of you and your families in my prayers.

Gina Miller

1. How honest should I be when giving feedback on a product?

As a representative of Pampered Chef, it is important to always be honest when giving feedback on a product. Your honesty and transparency will help build trust with your customers and ensure they have a positive experience with our brand. We encourage you to share both positive and negative feedback and provide specific details to support your opinions.

2. Is it okay to be critical when reviewing a product?

Yes, it is absolutely okay to be critical when reviewing a product. We value all types of feedback as it helps us improve our products and services. However, we ask that you provide constructive criticism and avoid using harsh language. This will help us better understand your concerns and make necessary improvements.

3. Should I disclose any conflicts of interest when reviewing a product?

Yes, it is important to disclose any conflicts of interest when reviewing a product. This includes if you have a personal relationship with the product creator or if you stand to benefit financially from the product's success. Disclosing conflicts of interest helps maintain transparency and credibility with our customers.

4. How honest should I be when sharing my personal experience with a product?

We encourage you to be completely honest when sharing your personal experience with a product. Your personal experience can provide valuable insights for other customers and help them make informed purchasing decisions. However, we ask that you stick to the facts and avoid making exaggerated claims.

5. Can I give negative feedback about a product's price?

Yes, you can give negative feedback about a product's price. We understand that price is an important factor for many customers and we appreciate any feedback on our pricing. However, we ask that you provide specific reasons for your feedback and avoid making general statements about the product's value. This will help us better understand your concerns and make necessary adjustments.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• khergatt
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • khergatt
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PamperedDor
Replies