• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ho Gift Certificates Vs. Own Gc's!

In summary, you can enter a GC in P3 by entering the amount, the name and address of the recipient, and mail it to them. When a guest orders one on a show, you earn commission on it and it benefits the host. You can also award people with GCs (a booking incentive, prize giveaway, or gift from you for someone) when you make them yourself, or when someone orders one from you.
KaiKendall
Gold Member
I have a question about gift certificates... I'm having a show on Friday, and a customer placed an order through the show ON my website... part of her order was a $30 gift cert. I've heard before that people make their OWN gift certs so it's easier, and you get commiss when the cust orders more than the GC... how do I do this? It's part of her order so how to I charge her for it?

If you go to Consultant Corner (CC), you can read the consultant policy guide. They have a section that explains how the official GC's work.There is a way in P3 to enter in the GC. You enter the amount, the name and address of the recipient. Then PC mails that person the GC and a catalog. They go to the general company website or call their order in. When a guest orders one on a show, you earn commission on it and it benefits the host. That's why the recipient doesn't go through you to redeem it--you can't earn a second commission on it. When you are awarding people with a GC (a booking incentive, prize giveaway, gift from you for someone), that's when I make the homemade ones. That way you aren't paying for it up front. Then when they redeem it, you can add the products they want to a show or order in a way that benefits you the most.So when a guest at a show wants to buy a GC, I go the "official" GC route.

babywings76 said:
If you go to Consultant Corner (CC), you can read the consultant policy guide. They have a section that explains how the official GC's work.

There is a way in P3 to enter in the GC. You enter the amount, the name and address of the recipient. Then PC mails that person the GC and a catalog. They go to the general company website or call their order in.

When a guest orders one on a show, you earn commission on it and it benefits the host. That's why the recipient doesn't go through you to redeem it--you can't earn a second commission on it.

When you are awarding people with a GC (a booking incentive, prize giveaway, gift from you for someone), that's when I make the homemade ones. That way you aren't paying for it up front. Then when they redeem it, you can add the products they want to a show or order in a way that benefits you the most.

So when a guest at a show wants to buy a GC, I go the "official" GC route.

That's what I'd do too. As much as I'd really like it if they could figure out how to make GCs work everywhere (it wouldn't be that hard!), since it's part of a show, I'd do it through PC. Just be the person who follows up and does the customer care! They may not be able to use the GC with you, but they may think of YOU for PC no matter what.

I agree, there's really no way for you to charge the customer's CC for the GC & hand them one of yours. Corporate would put the show on hold because you've overcharged the guest more than their product purchase amount -AND- the current host would not get credit for the $30 purchase. :(

I agree. I have my own homemade ones but I use those strictly for customers who achieve something I am asking or as a freebie bonus as a host or guest incentive. If someone from a party orders one, I make very sure they do the official one so the host gets credit. Once I sell that one, I never have to worry about it again. It is the same as any other product we sell, like a Food Chopper. We write it up, collect the money, the host gets credit and we are done with it. We can not even use them as a form of payment on an order in P3 so if someone orders one, they can not redeem it with us or even another consultant. It can only be used as payment for an individual order direct from the Home Office.

Good to know, I think it's more hassel than it's worth to try to make my own...like you said it's like any other product, just sucks there's so many restrictions!! Thanks for all the advice!

I "donate" my own to organizations like MOPS or when I have to give something for a door prize at a booth I do or to schools. That way they have to come back to me! I usually end up with the person as a customer and sometimes even a Host! :)

pampered1224 said:
I agree. I have my own homemade ones but I use those strictly for customers who achieve something I am asking or as a freebie bonus as a host or guest incentive. If someone from a party orders one, I make very sure they do the official one so the host gets credit. Once I sell that one, I never have to worry about it again. It is the same as any other product we sell, like a Food Chopper. We write it up, collect the money, the host gets credit and we are done with it. We can not even use them as a form of payment on an order in P3 so if someone orders one, they can not redeem it with us or even another consultant. It can only be used as payment for an individual order direct from the Home Office.

BUT - not if they are also purchasing product from the outlet. :(

Sheila said:
I agree, there's really no way for you to charge the customer's CC for the GC & hand them one of yours. Corporate would put the show on hold because you've overcharged the guest more than their product purchase amount -AND- the current host would not get credit for the $30 purchase. :(

The only way you could handle the cc piece is if other guests on that show paid by cash and/or check totallying more than the $30. Then you could put the $30 in as a credit card payment and the show would still balance out.

I had a customer who I did not reach in time to get her payment and I needed to submit the show. I felt comfortable in this particular situation to cover her $30 order. Then when I got her cc info I entered her as a guest on another show with no products but a cc payment. I had no problems whatsoever. The show shipped and the host has distributed all the products already and nothing was put on hold, etc.

But yes, the host still wouldn't get the credit for that $30 purchase. Which may or may not be a big deal depending on her overall guest sales.

Michelle, I had a customer who wanted a replacement part. Since I had cash & checks on the show, I added her replacement part charge to the show so she would only be charged once, then I paid for the replacement part. Corporate held the show until I called & explained, when they saw the replacement part order on file being shipped to her, they released the show. Being in Japan, it was a hassle to stay up late to call & get it corrected. So on the next order who needed a replacement part, I just explained to her that I'd have to do two separate entries & charges. She was fine with that. LOLBut even if you can over-charge, it does still make the host loose the sales credit.

1. What is the difference between Ho Gift Certificates and Own Gc's?

Ho Gift Certificates are gift certificates that can only be used towards a specific product or service, while Own Gc's can be used towards any product or service offered by Pampered Chef.

2. Can I use a Ho Gift Certificate and an Own Gc at the same time?

No, only one type of gift certificate can be used per transaction.

3. How can I purchase a Ho Gift Certificate?

Ho Gift Certificates can be purchased through a Pampered Chef consultant or on our website.

4. Can Ho Gift Certificates be redeemed for cash?

No, Ho Gift Certificates are non-refundable and cannot be redeemed for cash.

5. Do Ho Gift Certificates have an expiration date?

Yes, Ho Gift Certificates expire one year from the date of purchase. However, any remaining balance can be applied to future purchases.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
suzyhook
  • Melissa78
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
debmiz
  • Brandie
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies