• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Confused About Gift Certificates! Help!

In summary, the individual is seeking advice on how to process payments for gift certificates they want to create. They have considered using PamperedPartner but do not want the HO to process the certificates. They also ask about processing credit cards and suggest using PayPal as an option. They are unsure of how to handle payments for gift certificates and ask for clarification. Another individual suggests using cash, checks, or PayPal as ideal forms of payment.
augmommychef
Silver Member
Okay, so I figured out that it is to my benefit to make my own Gift Certificates. However, I have no clue how to take payment! Can I enter it through PP+ w/o the HO processing it? If not, how do you process credit cards? Do you ask people to send a check? I just did a fair and got a number of people interested in gift certificates. Please help!

No, you can't enter them in PamperedPartner. You have to keep track of them yourself on an Excel spreadsheet of some sort. I only take cash or checks for them myself, but if you want to take a credit card, you might consider setting up a PayPal account to accept credit cards.

Thank you! I didn't even consider Paypal, so that should work :)

I don't understand....

Let's say you give a $25 gift card only redeemable from you. "Suzie" calls ya up to place a a $35 order. Can't you pay for the $25 as a "consultant gift" and get her payment info for the remaining balance? In this scenario you could take a credit/debit card.

I guess I don't understand why you would have to go through Paypal (or other means) to take payment....? :confused:

Explain?? Please :D

I think she means she is SELLING a $25 gift card not GIVING AWAY a $25 gift card. If she is selling it, she would need to be paid for it.

Liquid Sky said:
I don't understand....

Let's say you give a $25 gift card only redeemable from you. "Suzie" calls ya up to place a a $35 order. Can't you pay for the $25 as a "consultant gift" and get her payment info for the remaining balance? In this scenario you could take a credit/debit card.

I guess I don't understand why you would have to go through Paypal (or other means) to take payment....? :confused:

As the post below explains, it is for selling a gift certificate. If I process it through PP+, it would go through the HO. The HO would issue the gift certificate and it would only be redeemable through them. If I created my own, it would only be redeemable through me. I was trying to figure out how I can process credit card payments without PP+. So, check, cash, and Paypal would be the ideal forms of payment! Hope that explains it!

Liquid Sky said:
I don't understand....

I think what she's talking about is, for example, say a mom wanting to buy her daughter a "gift certificate". She's trying to figure out how the mom should pay her.

If she is awarding a gift certificate to someone, what you said sounds great. :)

Hi there! I completely understand your confusion about gift certificates. It can be a bit overwhelming at first, but don't worry, I'm here to help! To answer your question, yes, you can definitely enter gift certificate payments through PP+ without the HO processing it. All you need to do is go to your Virtual Office and select "Orders and Sales" and then "Enter Show Order." From there, you can select "Gift Certificate" as the payment type and enter the amount and any other necessary information. If you're looking to process credit cards, you can do so through Square or PayPal Here. These are both options that allow you to accept credit card payments on the spot. You can also ask people to send a check, but keep in mind that this may delay the process of receiving payment and issuing the gift certificate. I'm so glad to hear that you had a successful fair and that people are interested in purchasing gift certificates. It's a great way to boost your sales and expand your customer base. If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to reach out to me or your upline for guidance. Best of luck!

What types of gift certificates does Pampered Chef offer?

Pampered Chef offers electronic gift certificates that can be emailed directly to the recipient, as well as physical gift certificates that can be mailed to the recipient or the purchaser.

Can I use a gift certificate for online purchases?

Yes, both electronic and physical gift certificates can be used for online purchases on the Pampered Chef website.

Do gift certificates expire?

No, Pampered Chef gift certificates do not have an expiration date. They can be used at any time.

Can I use more than one gift certificate for a single purchase?

Yes, you can use multiple gift certificates for a single purchase. Simply enter the gift certificate codes at checkout and the total amount will be deducted from your order.

How do I check the balance of my gift certificate?

To check the balance of your gift certificate, you can call Pampered Chef's customer service line or visit a Pampered Chef consultant. You will need the gift certificate code to check the balance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
suzyhook
  • KaiKendall
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
NinaPChef