• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gift Certificates - How to Redeem

In summary, a gift certificate cannot be redeemed as a guest on a show that the person enters into PP. They must order it through the PC website or through the main website. The original consultant that sold the GC gets commission on the extra $50. And, if someone has a $50 GC and they order more than $50 worth, no one gets commission.
jrstephens
Am I understanding right that a persn cannot redeem a gift certificate as a guest on a show that I enter into PP. I cannot find how to do that. Do they have to place an individual order through my website? Or the main Pc website?

I need to know how they are redeemed.

GC's can not be redeemed with a show. They are purchased first (therefore a consultant/host has already gotten commission/credit for the purchase). To be redeemed, the recipient simply goes to PC home page and clicks on "redeem gc". Or they can follow the directions that come with the certificate if they'd rather order by mail.

Which brings a question to mind... what happens when someone uses their $50 GC towards their $100 purchase? Who gets commission on the extra $50? The original consultant that sold the GC? A Director lead? No one?

And I do not think it is fair that they have to pay individualy shipping to order from the website. I think PP should be programmed for it just not to be part of the commissionable sales just like half-price items and host specials. I guess no one get commission if the order is more since it is placed with PC's homepage and not our personal websites.

Most times I just type up a gift certificate myself and have them bring it back to me and I order it with a show. I am taking up a show of my own this time though and would like for it to count on this show for the SellaThon this month.

I think I will tell them to still bring it back to me for redeemption and then I could alwas cover the difference in shipping. Or at least place the order for them to make it easier on them.

jrstephens said:
And I do not think it is fair that they have to pay individualy shipping to order from the website. I think PP should be programmed for it just not to be part of the commissionable sales just like half-price items and host specials. I guess no one get commission if the order is more since it is placed with PC's homepage and not our personal websites.

Most times I just type up a gift certificate myself and have them bring it back to me and I order it with a show. I am taking up a show of my own this time though and would like for it to count on this show for the SellaThon this month.

I think I will tell them to still bring it back to me for redeemption and then I could alwas cover the difference in shipping. Or at least place the order for them to make it easier on them.
But, if they bring it back to you..do you not get the commission until they use the GC?

It is my understanding the commission is done when the GC is ordered if you do them through PP.

When I print my own gift certificates, I do not get commission until they bring it back to order. But the ones I have done have been for birthdays and they have bought them back to me as soon as they get them, so, there has not been much delay. And I add it to a show and they get cheaper shipping.

I have been doing my own personal gift certificates here lately. I'm also wandering who gets the commission if someone has a $50 gc and they order more than $50 worth.

With the personal gift certificates, I know that they are coming back to me and most of the time I don't know the gc recipient so it's building my customer base at the same time. With the personal gc I take the money and give them a gc-I personally put an expiration date and a note at the top that says it's only available through me.

If I order a gift cert for someone thru a show on PP, does HO send the host a print gift certificate to give that guest?

they will send it directly to the person it is intended for, (if the guest chooses) along with sending a catalog and instructions for redeeming the gc

Past host discount and gift certificateIf anyone was wondering about this - You can't use a past host discount# to get the 10% discount when redeeming a gift certificate. I'm not quite sure of the reasoning behind that. I don't know if that's mentioned in the Recipe for Success, but I just called customer service and they confirmed it's not an option. Just wanted to post that here for any others that might be wondering.

1. How do I redeem a gift certificate?

To redeem a gift certificate, simply enter the unique code provided on the certificate at checkout on our website. The amount of the gift certificate will be applied towards your purchase total.

2. Can I use my gift certificate for multiple purchases?

Yes, you can use your gift certificate for multiple purchases until the full value has been used. Any remaining balance can be applied towards future purchases.

3. Can I combine multiple gift certificates for one purchase?

No, unfortunately our system only allows for one gift certificate code to be used per purchase. However, you can use multiple gift certificates for separate purchases.

4. Do gift certificates expire?

No, our gift certificates do not have an expiration date. You can use them at any time, as long as they have not been fully redeemed.

5. Can I redeem a gift certificate for cash?

No, our gift certificates hold no cash value and cannot be exchanged for cash. They can only be used towards purchases on our website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ShanaSmith
  • beepampered
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
tlennhoff
Replies
Views
NinaPChef