• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Understanding Gift Certificates: Christine's Questions Answered

In summary, gift certificates for Pampered Chef are treated like any other commissionable sale. The recipient can redeem the GC on the PC website or by mailing it in. However, if the recipient spends more than the GC amount, the consultant will not receive commission on the additional amount. To avoid this, consultants can offer personalized GCs that can only be redeemed with them. These can be created using preprinted templates or through the computer. Guests would pay the consultant directly for these personalized GCs, rather than purchasing a PC GC.
chefmommyof3
Can anyone explain how gift certificates work? I called HO today and they said that if I sell a GC it is treated like any other commisionable sale. The recipient would then have to go on to the PC website to redeem it or mail it in. If the recipient recieves a 50.00 GC but goes on to the PC website and buys 150.00 worth of stuff then I would lose out on a potential 100.00? I am asking this because one of my friends is thinking of purchasing a bunch from me for Christmas but I want people to come back to my website and put orders in ....not the general pc.....HELP!! am I missing something?

Thanks!! Christine

chefmommyof3 said:
Can anyone explain how gift certificates work? I called HO today and they said that if I sell a GC it is treated like any other commisionable sale. The recipient would then have to go on to the PC website to redeem it or mail it in. If the recipient recieves a 50.00 GC but goes on to the PC website and buys 150.00 worth of stuff then I would lose out on a potential 100.00? I am asking this because one of my friends is thinking of purchasing a bunch from me for Christmas but I want people to come back to my website and put orders in ....not the general pc.....HELP!! am I missing something?

Thanks!! Christine

If you use the PC gift certificates then your above example is right - you get commission on the GC that your friend buys, the recipient shops at the PC website, and you do not get commission on anything above the GC they buy.

You could do personalized GC that people redeem with you rather than corporate if you want to get the benefit of all their shopping.

tlennhoff said:
If you use the PC gift certificates then your above example is right - you get commission on the GC that your friend buys, the recipient shops at the PC website, and you do not get commission on anything above the GC they buy.

You could do personalized GC that people redeem with you rather than corporate if you want to get the benefit of all their shopping.

Thanks! How would I do a personalized GC? (I am pretty new at this :( )

If you go to the files section above and type in gift certificate you should get some ideas... you can also look under files for GC.

I use a preprinted gift certificate that you enter additional information on the computer and it prints it. I put on the gift certificate that they can only be redeemed with this consultant (meaning me). They look very professional.

If I use a preprinted or one from the files would I have a guest actually buy them and pay me separately? Or if a guest wants to buy one I should have them get an actual pc GC? I must be tired tonight! :indif: Thanks for the ideas!

chefmommyof3 said:
If I use a preprinted or one from the files would I have a guest actually buy them and pay me separately? Or if a guest wants to buy one I should have them get an actual pc GC? I must be tired tonight! :indif: Thanks for the ideas!

The guest pays you seperately - paypal is great for this kind of thing. You do NOT get a PC GC as your goal is to have the person order through you so that you get full benefit for their order and not just for the PC GC they would have gotten otherwise.

1. What is a gift certificate and how does it work?

A gift certificate is a prepaid voucher that can be redeemed for goods or services. It is usually given as a gift to someone for a specific amount or service. The recipient can use it to purchase items or services from the designated store or company.

2. Can gift certificates be used online and in-store?

Yes, it depends on the store's policy. Some gift certificates can only be used in-store, while others can be used both online and in-store. It is important to check the terms and conditions of the gift certificate before making a purchase.

3. How long is a gift certificate valid for?

The validity period of a gift certificate varies depending on the company or store. Some gift certificates expire after a certain period, while others have no expiration date. It is best to check the expiration date or validity period before using the gift certificate.

4. Can a gift certificate be exchanged for cash?

No, gift certificates cannot be exchanged for cash. They are intended for use as a form of payment for goods or services from the designated store or company. However, some stores may allow the remaining balance on a gift certificate to be used for future purchases.

5. What happens if a gift certificate is lost or stolen?

If a gift certificate is lost or stolen, it is important to contact the store or company as soon as possible. Some may have policies in place to replace lost or stolen gift certificates, while others may not. It is always best to keep track of your gift certificates and treat them like cash to avoid any potential issues.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • chefcook
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
chefcook
Replies
Views
crsnlsa