1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales New consultant! Gift certificate questions?

1. Hello..I am a new consultant. Just got my kit yesterday. I have been lurking for a week though. There is so much information I wanted to read before I opened my mouth and looked like a fool. Anywho, I have two questions.

1) I am meeting with two company reps tommorow about a gift giving program for employees. They both expressed interest in gift certificates. So if they order a bulk amount of gc's from me does that count as commisionable sales?

2). I have a contact at a local radio station. She says if i donate a couple of prizes or gc's I can slip my card in the envelope and that will help me with sales. My question is, is this against the rules? They wont announce my name on the radio but will say PC and also probably put it on their website.

Thanks so much

Oct 22, 2009
  2. chefcharity

chefcharity Advanced Member

Hey! Welcome to the boards and congratulations on starting your own business! You are going to LOVE PC!!

So, to answer question #1... yes the g.s. are commisionable sales.

question #2 .... someone else can field it :)... there are ladies/guys on here that can quote the policies and procedures for you! They are super people to have at our finger tips! :)

good luck with your biz!

Oct 22, 2009
  3. tbsigma94

tbsigma94 Novice Member Gold Member

I'll give it a shot answering these questions.

1) Yes it is a commissionable sale. GC will come right from the home office with a catalog and information on how to order products with the GC. You are not allowed to double dip ie, commission on the GC and then on the purchase. You could make up your own GC and include your card and instructions on redeeming the GC through you.

2) You could do something similar to what I said in number 1 with the custom GC with instructions on redeeming through you. I don't believe there is a problem with the Radio Station mentioning PC on the radio, as long as you are not mentioned. You would have to get permission from PC to have a link to your PWS on the radio stations website, but I don't believe it is a problem if they link directly to the Company website.

Hope that helps!

Please feel free to correct me if I have misspoken.

Oct 22, 2009
  4. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

I would go with a gift certificate redeemable only through you that you make yourself. That way, if they want to spend more than the GC amount, you reap the benefits. If they do that online, you won't get it! I'm attaching one I use.

You cannot advertise on the radio unless you are an Advanced Director or above. Check out the Consultant Policy Guide on CC on pages 35-39 for ways we can advertise. If anywhere you advertise has a website and the advertisement will be on there, it is against policy. I got an internet violation on it myself!

Attached Files:

Oct 22, 2009
  5. Thanks so much everyone! Jane, I will defeniently make my own. Do you mind if "borrow" your design?

Oct 23, 2009
Have something to add?