• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Consultant! Gift Certificate Questions?

In summary, Jane advises that if the company reps want to order a large quantity of gift certificates, this is considered commissionable sales. She also offers a suggestion of making a custom gift certificate that the employees can redeem through her. There is no problem with the company mentioning PC on the radio, as long as the name is not mentioned.
chefcook
Hello..I am a new consultant. Just got my kit yesterday. I have been lurking for a week though. There is so much information I wanted to read before I opened my mouth and looked like a fool. Anywho, I have two questions.

1) I am meeting with two company reps tommorow about a gift giving program for employees. They both expressed interest in gift certificates. So if they order a bulk amount of gc's from me does that count as commisionable sales?

2). I have a contact at a local radio station. She says if i donate a couple of prizes or gc's I can slip my card in the envelope and that will help me with sales. My question is, is this against the rules? They wont announce my name on the radio but will say PC and also probably put it on their website.

Thanks so much

Hey! Welcome to the boards and congratulations on starting your own business! You are going to LOVE PC!!

So, to answer question #1... yes the g.s. are commisionable sales.

question #2 .... someone else can field it :)... there are ladies/guys on here that can quote the policies and procedures for you! They are super people to have at our finger tips! :)

good luck with your biz!

I'll give it a shot answering these questions.1) Yes it is a commissionable sale. GC will come right from the home office with a catalog and information on how to order products with the GC. You are not allowed to double dip ie, commission on the GC and then on the purchase. You could make up your own GC and include your card and instructions on redeeming the GC through you. 2) You could do something similar to what I said in number 1 with the custom GC with instructions on redeeming through you. I don't believe there is a problem with the Radio Station mentioning PC on the radio, as long as you are not mentioned. You would have to get permission from PC to have a link to your PWS on the radio stations website, but I don't believe it is a problem if they link directly to the Company website.Hope that helps!Please feel free to correct me if I have misspoken.

I would go with a gift certificate redeemable only through you that you make yourself. That way, if they want to spend more than the GC amount, you reap the benefits. If they do that online, you won't get it! I'm attaching one I use.

You cannot advertise on the radio unless you are an Advanced Director or above. Check out the Consultant Policy Guide on CC on pages 35-39 for ways we can advertise. If anywhere you advertise has a website and the advertisement will be on there, it is against policy. I got an internet violation on it myself!

Attachments

• Blank amount gift certificate.doc
    71.5 KB · Views: 827
Thanks so much everyone! Jane, I will defeniently make my own. Do you mind if "borrow" your design?

1. How do I use my gift certificate as a new consultant?

To use your gift certificate as a new consultant, simply log into your Pampered Chef account and add items to your cart. At checkout, you will have the option to apply your gift certificate as a payment method.

2. Can I combine multiple gift certificates?

Yes, you can combine multiple gift certificates as a form of payment. Simply enter the gift certificate codes at checkout and the total amount will be deducted from your order.

3. Is there an expiration date for my gift certificate?

Pampered Chef gift certificates do not have an expiration date and can be used at any time.

4. Can I use my gift certificate for online and in-person purchases?

Yes, you can use your gift certificate for both online and in-person purchases. Simply enter the gift certificate code at checkout or present it to your consultant when making an in-person purchase.

5. What happens if I don't use the full amount of my gift certificate?

If you do not use the full amount of your gift certificate, the remaining balance will stay on your account and can be used towards future purchases.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KaiKendall
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • chefmommyof3
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
tlennhoff
  • Brandie