• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gift Certificate for Bridal Shower: How to Add?

In summary, there is confusion about ordering gift certificates for a friend's bridal shower. It is best to order the specific item she wants rather than a gift certificate, as she will have to pay for direct shipping which can be expensive. However, it is possible to give a gift certificate specifically for orders made through the consultant. The HO gift certificate forms are not necessary and may not come with supply orders. It is possible to pay for gift certificates with a credit card through the consultant's account. There is no expiration date for gift certificates, as it varies by state laws.
Melissa78
Gold Member
Ok after reading the threads on GC's I'm still a little confused. I want to get a Gift Certificate for a friend for her bridal shower on Sunday since she wants cookware. I have 2 friends shows to close out before then. Since I know it adds to their levels (even though I don't get commission) do I have to put it under a ficticious name (meaning a family member) or can I add a GC onto their show under my own name? Thank you.

If you order a gift certificate, when she uses it, she has to order directly from pampered chef. She will have to pay direct shipping charges. Which can get expensive.If you know what she wants, it is best just to order her the item. Hope that makes sense.

What about giving her a gift certificate to use with you on Pampered Chef. Do up a really nice one on your PC for the specified amount. Just make sure she knows it cna only be used to pay for orders made through you. Then you just pay that portion of her order when she places it.

Good thinking! She wants to have a show and I had tried to get a bridal shower done for her but she didn't give me enough notice and with working FT I just couldn't pull it off so I'm hoping for a fall show. I can do the $50 via me. I didn't realize I could do it that way. Thank you! I guess I'll have to look on here and see if anyone has posted nice templates I could use.

AnnieBee (did I spell that right?) made some really nice ones a while ago. It should be in the files. If you can't find it, let me know...I'm tight on time right this second, but could search later...

Don't order the HO ones. They are dreadful to redeem.....

beepampered said:
Don't order the HO ones. They are dreadful to redeem.....

That is what I was trying to say. You just said it a whole lot better!

How do the HO ones come again? I ordered two for weddings but I didn't get them with the show and had my address for shipping...

I have a question about paying for gift certificates, if you do your own (not through HO). I have friend who wants to order some and pay by credit card---
There's no way to do that, is there? I can see if they pay cash/cheque and you just keep the money till they redeem them. but can you do it with a credit card?

janetupnorth said:
How do the HO ones come again? I ordered two for weddings but I didn't get them with the show and had my address for shipping...

Whoever it is specified to have it sent to (in this case you), is supposed to receive it sometime independently of the show. It's supposed to come w/ a catalog, too.

I ordered the gift certificate forms and they never came with my supply order. Are they a waste of time?

ahinchey said:
I have a question about paying for gift certificates, if you do your own (not through HO). I have friend who wants to order some and pay by credit card---
There's no way to do that, is there? I can see if they pay cash/cheque and you just keep the money till they redeem them. but can you do it with a credit card?

You can enter more than one form of payment so I personally would enter my PC debit card for the amt of the gift certificate and then the balance would be paid by the guest with their cc. I plan onmy gc saying it has to be redeemed through me and since I am the one giving the gc - itmakes no difference. If someone else paid me for the gc, I just would hold onto the money in my PC account and again do the same thing.

Here is the one I use, I think I got it off here!

Do the gift certificates expire? For some reason I thought they did, but it doesn't say anything in the policy and procedures.

cincychef said:
Do the gift certificates expire? For some reason I thought they did, but it doesn't say anything in the policy and procedures.

GC expirations are done according to state laws. In many states it is illegal for a GC to expire.

ahinchey - I hop ethat is correct. When you have a customer that wants to order your very own personal Gift Certificates - no the HO ones - if you have aprty open, you can place the credit card amount on someone's order as payment as long as they didn't use a credit card of course. And no, the amount doe snot have to match the order. I had several ladies order some of mine. It totalled more than the amount of one order I had on a party so I still put int he credit card number, the expioration date, the name on the credit card and no it did not match the name on the order, and the larger amount. When I did the shows payment that is where it made the difference. So I then had cash and checks in my account fromt he actual show that covered the credit purchase of the homemade gift certificates. HO won't question who pays for an order. They only care that the card goes through.

I whole heartedly agree. Make your own GC so that it has to be redeemed only through you. Then, when they do use it and their order ends up being a higher amount, you will get the extra sales (HO ones do not credit extra sales to the original consultant that sold the GC). As for paying by CC, "Pampered 1224" is correct. Just use the CC on an open show in exchange for a cash or check pymt. Or, as you proposed, just keep the credit card # in a safe place reserved until the GC recipient decides to redeem the certificate. Then use it. Since the GC was created by you, you are not out any $$$ until the certificate is redeemed. Good luck!

1. Can I purchase a gift certificate for a specific amount?

Yes, you can purchase a gift certificate for any amount you choose. You can customize the amount to fit your budget and the recipient's needs.

2. How do I add a gift certificate to my order?

To add a gift certificate to your order, simply click on the "Gift Certificates" tab on our website. From there, you can choose the desired amount and add it to your cart.

3. Is there an expiration date for the gift certificate?

No, our gift certificates do not have an expiration date. They can be used at any time, making it a perfect gift for any occasion.

4. Can I use a gift certificate for online purchases?

Yes, our gift certificates can be used for both online and in-person purchases. Simply enter the gift certificate code at checkout when making an online purchase.

5. Can I have the gift certificate sent directly to the recipient?

Yes, during the checkout process, you will have the option to enter the recipient's information and have the gift certificate sent directly to them via email. You can also choose to print the gift certificate and give it to them in person.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KaiKendall
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Lifeat50
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Bexs50