• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Needed - Customer in Need of Replacement DCB Lid

In summary, the customer's DCB broke and she was told she had to return the whole thing. She was told she could only receive a new lid as a replacement.
quiverfull7
Gold Member
I have a customer ... a good customer, who was honest and told HO that she bumped the lid off her DCB when taking it out of the oven and they won't replace it for her b/c they say that is misuse. This lady placed a $268 order with me the first time I met her and I want to help her out. Before they found out she bumped it off, they told her she had to return the entire DCB ... and she mentioned how heavy that is... I'm frustrated for her and am looking for just the lid if anyone has one.
Thanks in advance.

That stinks. I'm sorry I don't have one for you. :( I think they should offer that lid as a replacement. I know it'd be a TPITB but darn it those are heavy to ship back & the whole thing? That's crazy.

Did you try calling HO for her? Mention you have a customer with a broken lid and what can they do as far as replacement? You might have better luck being a consultant. Especially since she is such a good customer - if you don't have any luck there, what about charging her whatever it costs and putting it in under your KE if you haven't done it already.

I did call HO after she told me what they said. They transferred me to a supervisor who explained to me that "dropping" the lid in whatever way it happened is "misuse" and not covered by our warranty. I've learned several things not to do and say in this particular transaction. I will continue to hunt for a lid for her for now. I had someone whose DCB broke in her microwave the first time she used it. I just thought about her today. I think I'll call and ask her if she pitched the whole thing or not. Since it was in her first 30 days, she didn't have to return anything. The supervisor told me to tell my customer that it was "misuse". I told her I would NEVER accuse an elderly lady that happened to bump her lid and have it slide off much less any of my other hosts or guests of misuse! I'm sad but I intend to make this right for my customer.

My lid cracked inside (hair line)sp? and I called and after I send in a pc of the lid they are sending me a complete dcb. I wish I could help though. I know what you mean by learning what to say when calling in though.

All this sweet lady asked for was a new lid. Maybe because you are a consultant they handled it differently.

My son dropped my lid outside after going to a party and it shattered in a million pieces on the lady's concrete...I told the PC rep that and she just sent me out a new one..no problems, no questions asked..she told me she would make a note that it was destroyed and unable to be resent back and I never had a problem..they had another one to me within the week! That really stinks for your customer! And, I don't think it's right!

Last edited:
I think maybe we get more latitude since we have to transport out items to shows. At least I hope so. :)

They should really offer the lid separately. I've had lots of broken lids in shipping. Just replacing the lid would save PC lots of $$$ instead of sending return labels for the whole darn baker.

I asked the supervisor to pass that on as a suggestion for the replacement parts list. I'm calling the host that had the broken one in just a minute.

I can understand them not replacing it, but it would be nice to be able to buy the lid seperately.

I dropped my clear collar part of the food chopper when I was unloading the d/w and it cracked. That wasn't considered 'normal' use either and it wasn't covered.

I'd also like for them to offer the appetizer plates on replacements. One of mine broke in my kit when I took it to a show. HO would have replaced it, but they wanted the entire thing (stand and all the plates) back. They were going to pay for it, but that was ridiculous. Things like this just drive our costs higher. I did not have it replaced so I'm hoping that they will have the individual replacement plates available soon.

I have the same situation Linda! I am hoping for those as well.

YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! The host had saved her lid and is willing to give it to my other customer!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Lord for kind people!

YAY! Isn't it wonderful how things work out sometimes?

Great news! Now, I just hope your customer doesn't break HER lid!

Yea... I thought about that but I'll just pray that a good deed will be rewarded and hope she doesn't break hers! :)

Ladies, as I read your interaction with HO, by calling in your adjustments, I cannot help but suggest that you use the online adjustment option. It asks very little about the circumstances of the damage. It is almost a Don't Ask, Don't Tell. On several occasions, all the customer had to do was send a piece of the broken stoneware or glass item. They did not want sharp pieces sent in the mail. One time when a lid shattered into a million pieces just as your car window would, I took a photo and that satisfied them.

I'm happy to read that one customer was able to help another. God is Good!

I just called HO last night about my DCB. I had used it for a show last weekend and went to go use it last night and discovered a crack in it. HO asked me to send a palm-sized piece and they are sending me a new one as soon as they get it. They never asked any more detailed questions as to how it got a crack in it (I have no idea how it happened anyway). And after reading other posts about the lid handle breaking, I'm keeping the lid just in case.

I had a customer whose lid handle broke, too. I wonder if they can't replace just the lids because they are all made with the baker part all at once in a mold.

Hmmmm...one of those things that make you wonder.

Also have leftover lidI also have a customer with a cracked DCB bottom and lid left over.
Anyone else need one?
let me know [email protected]

Grandmarita said:
Ladies, as I read your interaction with HO, by calling in your adjustments, I cannot help but suggest that you use the online adjustment option. It asks very little about the circumstances of the damage. It is almost a Don't Ask, Don't Tell. On several occasions, all the customer had to do was send a piece of the broken stoneware or glass item. They did not want sharp pieces sent in the mail. One time when a lid shattered into a million pieces just as your car window would, I took a photo and that satisfied them.

I'm happy to read that one customer was able to help another. God is Good!

That's what I always do. The option only says "damaged in use", with no other questions asked.

Related to Help Needed - Customer in Need of Replacement DCB Lid

1. How do I request a replacement lid for my DCB?

In order to request a replacement lid for your DCB, you will need to contact our customer service team either by phone or email. They will be able to assist you with the process and ensure you receive the correct lid for your specific DCB model.

2. How long does it take to receive a replacement lid?

The time it takes to receive a replacement lid will vary depending on your location and shipping method. Our customer service team will be able to provide you with a more accurate estimate based on your specific situation.

3. Is there a cost for a replacement lid?

There may be a cost for a replacement lid, depending on the reason for needing a replacement. If your DCB is still under warranty, there will be no charge for the replacement lid. However, if the lid was damaged due to misuse or wear and tear, there may be a small fee for the replacement.

4. Can I request a replacement lid for an older model DCB?

While we do our best to keep replacement parts for older models, we cannot guarantee that we will have the specific lid you need in stock. It is best to contact our customer service team to see if a replacement lid is available for your specific model.

5. What should I do if my DCB lid arrived damaged?

If your DCB lid arrived damaged, please contact our customer service team immediately. They will be able to assist you with getting a replacement lid sent out and ensuring you have a fully functioning DCB for your cooking needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sandilou
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
sandilou
  • ChefPeg
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • suzipooh