• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Customer DCB Adjustment: Should I Call a Supervisor?

In summary, a customer's product adjustment broke and they were told they have to send the lid back in. There is a debate on whether or not the customer should have to send the entire lid back or just a "palm-sized" piece.
PCMomto4
I just did a product adjustment for a customer of mine for her DCB that broke and they told me I have to have her send the lid back in since they are replacing the entire thing. I think its crazy, it costs so much to mail back, plus if her lid breaks they won't just replace the lid so it is nice to have an extra one (I think).

Do you think I should call back and speak with a supervisor or just have her mail it all back?

I'm not saying that your customer isn't honest, but some people aren't. If they didn't request the lid and the DCB wasn't really broken, then she/he'd end up with two DCBs for the price of one.Just my thought on the subject.

I'm sure it would fit in one of the flat rate boxes. Or have her ship it the slowest way. There are ways to save on shipping, but I think they are right in asking for part of it back, just be thankful that they aren't asking for the entire thing. That is part of the guarantee, and I think they are justified.

Will it fit in one of the USPS Flat Rate boxes? I'd compare the cost of a flat-rate box (it will ship if it fits and weighs less than 70 lbs- which I know it does weigh less than). I think it ranges from about $5 to around $10 or 12 for the larger boxes.But she can compare that rate to shipping say with DHL or FedEx. It would be cheaper than paying the $69 for a brand new DCB.Either way- they always ask us to mail various parts/items back- especially the more expensive pieces. You might be able to find out if they'll let her send a piece of it (palm-sized). That's what they used to do for broken stoneware. (Just put it in a heavy trash bag and carefully drop it on the driveway or garage floor. They don't always tell you to do it anymore I think because someone may get hurt. But DON'T do that unless they say a piece is ok.)

They've always said that we are just required to send back a palm-sized piece. The CS reps will then say, "I can't recommend that you to break it, though...but...having said that, you are only required to send back a palm-sized piece." ;)

I've kept the lids. :D

I have always sent back a piece if it was required. At some point, weren't they doing research on pieces that broke?

I called last week for DCB return. It was exactly a year old.

I explained it was for a customer (and not my customer, either). The base is all cracked. It started as a hairline and got worse.

CS at HO kept questioning me about U&C of the DCB. I answered as best I could. I had asked the customer about handling of it, pre-heating, heating empty, etc. Then CS asked about how the DCB was cleaned. I said I did not know. The gal was quite upset that I was not asking the right questions. She got quite snarky that I needed to ask about cleaning! I told her to give me a list of ALL the questions SHE wanted asked and I would call the customer and get her answers (yes, I had a "tone"). CS then said "Well, we don't want you to interrogate the customer". REALLY? Then why are you interrogating me.

Then she said the customer had to send the WHOLE thing back. I said I thought just part of it was usually sufficient. She kept insisting that I send the whole thing back. So, I said nevermind and called back the next night.

I have made the decision that I am not handling returns anymore. If HO is going to ask me a ton of questions and give me a hard time, then let them do that to the customer (I don't think they will). From here on out, I am giving the customer the phone number! Plus, I don't want to risk them refusing an exchange AFTER the customer has paid to ship something back.

Yes, I was frustrated!

I have unfortunatly had 2 of them to deal with this week, but had done successfully all on-line. Shockingly enough it was the large round stone with handles that had broken.

Kathleen: I used to handle returns, but having a similar experience to yours, I just give the customer the OUR CHEF number now.

I called last night about a year old white DCB that has a big chip out of the side. The representative said that unfortunately I had to send the entire thing back, and since it can be somewhat costly, she is sending a return label. Does this mean that it's a pre-paid label? I don't think I've ever had a label sent return for any other adjustment. Whaddya think?

yes, if they say they are sending a label it will be prepaid, I have gotten a few of those lately, most recently with a new small bamboo bowl. It is USPS usually. Mara

Maragib said:
yes, if they say they are sending a label it will be prepaid, I have gotten a few of those lately, most recently with a new small bamboo bowl. It is USPS usually. Mara

SWEET!!!! :love:

1. What is a DCB Adjustment and why would I need to call a supervisor for it?

A DCB Adjustment, or Direct Customer Billing Adjustment, is a refund or credit given to a customer directly from Pampered Chef. You would need to call a supervisor for this if the amount of the adjustment exceeds a certain limit set by the company, or if there is a problem with the refund process.

2. How do I know if I am eligible for a DCB Adjustment?

If you have received a damaged or incorrect item, or have experienced a problem with an order, you may be eligible for a DCB Adjustment. Please contact our customer service team for further assistance.

3. Can I request a DCB Adjustment online or do I need to call a supervisor?

In most cases, you can request a DCB Adjustment online through your Pampered Chef account. However, if the amount exceeds a certain limit or there is a problem with the process, you may need to call a supervisor for further assistance.

4. How long does it take for a DCB Adjustment to be processed?

DCB Adjustments are typically processed within 7-10 business days. If you have not received your adjustment within this timeframe, please contact our customer service team for further assistance.

5. Will I receive a confirmation or notification once my DCB Adjustment has been processed?

Yes, you will receive a confirmation email once your DCB Adjustment has been processed. If you have not received this email within 10 business days, please contact our customer service team for further assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lifeat50
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
lamarquepchef
  • meganmcg
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • TJMagoo