• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Screw (Ed)--Can I Say That Here?

In summary, the speaker is upset because a screw on their 3-tiered stand got damaged and they had to order a replacement part for $20. However, the replacement screw was not threaded properly and the speaker had to call customer service to get it replaced. They were initially told that replacement parts cannot be returned or exchanged, but after speaking to a supervisor, a new set was sent out. The speaker expresses frustration with the lack of proper training for customer service representatives and advises others to keep calling if they encounter a similar situation.
straitfan
Gold Member
AUGH!!!! So upset right now I could spit SCREWS!! So the bottom screw on my 3-tiered stand got mangled in a garbage disposal when someone was "helping" me clean up after my niece's wedding last summer. I saw on the replacement parts order form that you had to buy the entire hardware pack for this which was $20 and didn't want to do it, so I had my handy hubby look everywhere for a similar screw. After months of looking he advised me to suck it up and order the whole kit. I've got some booths coming up where I want have it displayed. Anyhoo, bit the bullet and ordered the $20 worth of parts (of which I only need a $1.99 screw)...opened it late last night to put the stand together for this afternoon's show and THE SCREW IS NOT THREADED PROPERLY SO IT WON'T SCREW INTO THE OTHER PARTS!!!

AAAAAUUUGGGHHH!!!!!!!

Of course I pick up the phone and call the Solution Center, and guess what? Replacement parts are sold "as is" with no return or exchange!!!!!!!! Spent several minutes trying to convince her that WASN'T the right answer, and finally got sent to a supervisor's voice mail. Now I have to wait for a return call and hope that it comes at a time this morning when I can talk at work.
Not very happy right now..................guess I'll be submitting an adjustment on the whole !#@#$% stand!!!!!

Did I say AAAAAAUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHHHH?!?!?!?!?!?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm thought I'd feel better after that and I don't!

Keep your fingers crossed for me (or maybe for the supervisor who has to call me back!!!) So far I've been able to keep a smile in voice as I explain that this simply isn't acceptable, but don't know how long I'll be able to keep that up! LOL!!!

I do agree, although they cannot do replacement/adjustments on replacement pieces if the item they sent you doesn't work, they should replace it.

Not acceptable. Send an email explaining that it was defective - give details. I would also stress that since they provide those parts only in a set they need to be checked that they do go together before packaging.

Replacement parts, supply orders and outlet items have no warranty but if they arrive defective they are exchangable. I haven't needed to replace a replacement part but supply orders have the same rules and I've had several things come on supply orders that needed exchanging and had no issue doing that. The person you talked to was reading the rules and not listening to you. Uggg.

I had one defective screw when it came and I've never picked up the phone to make that call. My loss...but its disappointing to know that in order to get a new one I have to spend THAT much money. Guess I just won't be using it!!

I have to think you got a "newbie" and that HO will make it right.

Waited all day and the supervisor never called me back. Finally I called again late this afternoon and got to speak to a REASONABLE person and they're sending a new set right out. Now THAT'S what I expect from this company!!!

straitfan said:
Waited all day and the supervisor never called me back. Finally I called again late this afternoon and got to speak to a REASONABLE person and they're sending a new set right out. Now THAT'S what I expect from this company!!!

I find sometimes that the customer service people don't always know what they are talking about. I'm not trying to be mean but some of them don't seem to ever get the proper training. I too have never had a supervisor call me back when I needed them to. When I run into this situation I just keep calling back.

So sorry you went through such stress, but glad they made it right.

I'm glad they made it right too ... especially since you could have done an adjustment on the whole stand in the first place and ended up spending about the same amount as you would to get the stand at a discount.

1. What is "Screw (Ed)--Can I Say That Here?"

"Screw (Ed)--Can I Say That Here?" is a versatile kitchen tool from Pampered Chef designed for easily removing stubborn or stripped screws.

2. Is "Screw (Ed)--Can I Say That Here?" dishwasher safe?

Yes, "Screw (Ed)--Can I Say That Here?" is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, we recommend hand washing for longer lasting use.

3. Can "Screw (Ed)--Can I Say That Here?" be used on all types of screws?

Yes, "Screw (Ed)--Can I Say That Here?" is designed to work on all sizes and types of screws, including flathead, Phillips, and hex screws.

4. How do I use "Screw (Ed)--Can I Say That Here?"

To use "Screw (Ed)--Can I Say That Here?", simply insert the screwdriver end into the screw head and twist counterclockwise to remove the screw.

5. Can I purchase replacement tips for "Screw (Ed)--Can I Say That Here?"

Yes, replacement tips for "Screw (Ed)--Can I Say That Here?" are available for purchase through Pampered Chef. Please contact your consultant or visit our website for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jestframes
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • straitfan
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cheftiffany