• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Me Decide on Open House and Other Things

In summary, the author is considering submitting a show in September, as there are not many shows available. They are undecided about whether to submit a weekday or a Saturday night, or to add on another order to their current catalog show. They are planning to send out a Grill Pan Set special to their contacts to try to get more orders.
babywings76
Gold Member
Okay, so I usually do a season Kick Off at the end of August. I'm low on shows right now, but may be able to get my 2 in for August...more about that below. So I'm thinking of doing my season Kick Off in September. Do you think a Weeknight, Friday night, or Saturday would be best? I'm undecided.

Soooo, right now I have one catalog show I can submit. I have a few small orders that have also come in that I could add to that catalog show, or I could try to get even more orders and eek out another catalog show to have my 2 for August for the bag incentive. Or do I add those other orders to the 1st catty show and have my Kick Off be in August?

I just want to get this show submitted and not hold onto it so my friend can get her grill set soon. I pampered my bank because the lady who helped us open our new account was interested in getting something. I'm hoping more orders will come in, but I can't guarantee that will happen.

Decisions, decisions...

I've heard directors/uppers suggest doing a Two-night Grand Opening, and I think also for Open House. Since not everyone may be able to come on that one night, give them a choice. So say maybe a Thursday evening and a Saturday or Sunday time slot (brunch, afternoon, evening?) Do the exact same thing at both, just offer two different times.
I know it's a little more work.And to help with the 2-show thing, maybe you can do it Tuesday August 30th and then do another the following Sat or Sun (Sept 3rd or 4th (except Labor Day is the 5th...so not sure if you want to do it THEN or the following weekend). It might be further apart than a normal open house/grand opening, but it gives folks options?? and hopefully enough orders for you to get that 2nd show? In your invitation- maybe tell then for August- they can order the discontinuing products (offer a discount even??) or they can still get the fabulous Grill Pan set. Then for September, they can see/buy new products. Just thinking out loud. Maybe it will give you an idea.ANd make sure you've sent out the Grill Pan Set special to your contacts! Maybe you can get that 2nd show you need that way?!

I struck out a few weeks ago calling every single potential booking I had for bookings. :( I sent out my newsletter this month and included a nice blurb about the grill set special. I also borrowed Rae's idea she posted on her FB biz page about having a "Pantry Club" where they place their orders (local ones get free S&H). But my open rate is terrible and of those who did open it, 2 unsubscribed (and one was a past host of mine w/ a show over $1000...so I'm really discouraged right now that I'm a terrible consultant or something.) I've posted on FB about the Pantry Club, too. I had one friend order the Grill pan set special (hence my one catty show I still am debating submitting as is or adding on these other few items people have come to me wanting to order.)Having the Season kick off party usually helps me get a couple bookings for the fall and I usually end up w/ enough sales for a small show (usually around $300 in the past). I do have a couple booth opportunities set up for this Fall, too, so I'm hoping for some bookings soon.I really want all 4 of those bags for the incentive, so I hope to do enough to reach that. But really, I want to step up my business and have more recruits and more parties. I'm dreading this school year, it's going to be insane w/ my 4 kids schedules plus I just was asked to do this job at church that is very time consuming but great (it's a volunteer position), so I just don't know how my show calendar is going to be due to all of that.Oh, and my one and only recruit who was awesome for this and had an amazing beginning, kind of had some bum experiences this summer with the biz and told me she thinks she's going to quit. :(Sorry this is turning into a venting session...

What is an open house and why should I have one?

An open house is a party or event where you invite friends, family, and other guests to showcase and demonstrate Pampered Chef products. It is a great way to introduce people to our products, share recipes, and earn free and discounted products through host rewards.

Do I have to purchase products to host an open house?

No, you do not have to purchase products to host an open house. You can earn free and discounted products through our host rewards program by simply hosting a party and inviting guests.

Can I customize the menu for my open house?

Yes, you have the option to customize the menu for your open house. Our consultants can work with you to create a menu that fits your preferences and dietary restrictions.

What other benefits do I get for hosting an open house?

In addition to earning free and discounted products, hosting an open house also gives you the opportunity to learn new recipes, cooking techniques, and time-saving tips from our consultants. It is also a fun and social event to spend time with friends and family.

Can I host an open house online?

Yes, you can host an open house online through our virtual party platform. This allows you to reach a wider audience and host a party from the comfort of your own home. Our consultants will guide you through the process and provide all the necessary tools to make your virtual open house a success.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• milkangel
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • pctharper
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • HealthNut