• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Else Doing a Fall Open House?

In summary, the conversation is about a group of consultants discussing their upcoming open houses to showcase new products. They share ideas for menu items, including using the chip maker and simple slicer, a new brownie recipe in the DCB, and various tapenade and bruschetta dishes. They also discuss other aspects of their open houses, such as displays and enlisting help from friends. One consultant shares her success with booking shows and making sales at her open house.
pctharper
Gold Member
I'm doing a fall open house to show off our new products and I'm having a hard time coming up with a menu. I'm dying to do the chips with the maker and simple slicer. The new brownie recipe will be delicious in the DCB. Other than that, I'm stumpped! What are you making/showing off?

pctharper said:
I'm doing a fall open house to show off our new products and I'm having a hard time coming up with a menu. I'm dying to do the chips with the maker and simple slicer. The new brownie recipe will be delicious in the DCB. Other than that, I'm stumpped! What are you making/showing off?
I made salsa, Green Chile Stew in Miracle Pot, and Brownies..(used Trader Joe's brownie mix)At my parties, I will be using Brownie Mix. I prefer making main dishes at my shows and throwing on a quick dessert!I did not get my chipmaker till today and just had my open house on Sunday ")

CK-What will you be doing for a main dish? I normally do something in the DCB but since I'm using that for the brownies, I don't know what else to do.

I will be doing one the evening of Sept 3rd ~ not sure yet what I am going to make and may borrow pieces from my upline that I didn't earn.Karen

I'm doing one in August and have no new products so it will simply be an 80s show. The new catalogs will be on display and I'll do flyers for the new products but I won't be selling any. Hoping this brings fall bookings!

I'm thinking of doing the Turkey Tapenade Meatballs (not sure which flavor Tapenade I'm going to use though), Chicken Mole Pizza, and the Rocky Road brownies.

My main dish was the Green Chile Stew in the DCB. I had brownies made in the DCB. I made salsa with the MFP. That's it. Had to remind people to EAT!! They wanted to shop. book shows, get info on consulting, get their tickets and GO!My open house was LAST sunday!

I had mine last night! Almost $700 in sales right now, and at least 6 bookings. With 2 of those bookings signing at their show! (one booked for Aug. 29th!) Whooo Hoooo! So here was my menu:
Decadent Chocolate Hazelnut Torte (this was a FAVORITE!)
Rocky Road Brownie (used a boxed brownie mix)
Greek Tapenade Meatballs w/ Tzatziki sauce for dipping (Another FAVORITE!)
Apple Walnut Tapenade & Bruschetta with crostini
Chocolate Sauces (all 4) with pretzel chips, teddy grahams, pound cake cubes, and strawberries. YUM!
Apple Chips (made ahead)
Cran Rasp. Fizz & Spa Water
John
The best thing I did was to enlist a friend to act as Host for me. She came earlier in the day and help me set up and get everything ready. Then, during the party, she answered the door, and welcomed people, showed them where food, etc...was, and answered questions - and also kept the food stocked. Wow did that help me out! I'm making her the host of the party and paying her in product. She's thrilled!Read this thread for the Greek Meatballs: http://www.chefsuccess.com/f18/looking-mediterranean-style-appetizers-69802/ John posted the original recipe, and then there were my modifications.

ChefCKHall said:
My main dish was the Green Chile Stew in the DCB. I had brownies made in the DCB. I made salsa with the MFP. That's it. Had to remind people to EAT!! They wanted to shop. book shows, get info on consulting, get their tickets and GO!

My open house was LAST sunday!

Side note from the menu topic...

CK, what did you do at your Open House? Did you have a display and the food already prepared? Did you just visit w/ people when they came, or did you do a mini demo or games or something?

ChefBeckyD said:
I had mine last night! Almost $700 in sales right now, and at least 6 bookings. With 2 of those bookings signing at their show! (one booked for Aug. 29th!) Whooo Hoooo!

So here was my menu:
Decadent Chocolate Hazelnut Torte (this was a FAVORITE!)
Rocky Road Brownie (used a boxed brownie mix)
Greek Tapenade Meatballs w/ Tzatziki sauce for dipping (Another FAVORITE!)
Apple Walnut Tapenade & Bruschetta with crostini
Chocolate Sauces (all 4) with pretzel chips, teddy grahams, pound cake cubes, and strawberries. YUM!
Apple Chips (made ahead)
Cran Rasp. Fizz & Spa Water
John
The best thing I did was to enlist a friend to act as Host for me. She came earlier in the day and help me set up and get everything ready. Then, during the party, she answered the door, and welcomed people, showed them where food, etc...was, and answered questions - and also kept the food stocked. Wow did that help me out! I'm making her the host of the party and paying her in product. She's thrilled!

Read this thread for the Greek Meatballs: http://www.chefsuccess.com/f18/looking-mediterranean-style-appetizers-69802/ John posted the original recipe, and then there were my modifications.

These are some great ideas! Thanks for sharing. I never would have thought to use strawberries and pound cake for the chocolate sauces, but it only makes sense! I also love that you enlisted a friend's help and then made her the host...fantastic!:thumbup:

Last edited:
chefliz said:
These are some great ideas! Thanks for sharing. I never would have thought to use strawberries and pound cake for the chocolate sauces, but it only makes sense! I also love that you enlisted a friend's help and then made her the host...fantastic!:thumbup:

I'm hoping to also make her a member of my team!:angel::thumbup:

Great idea! ;)

Another question - when you take orders, (since these were Aug shows) do you allow people to pre-order the new fall products?
I'm wanting to do a Fall Open House, but I need one more August show to get those gas cards :), and I'm not really looking for a lot of bookings because I am already pretty much booked until the end of October, so I really do want the sales. Just not sure how to logistically work it out...

You can divide it into 2 shows. Take orders for both current and Fall products. Submit the current product orders as an Aug. show. Then on Sept. 1 submit the other show with the new products.

Becca_in_MD said:
You can divide it into 2 shows. Take orders for both current and Fall products. Submit the current product orders as an Aug. show. Then on Sept. 1 submit the other show with the new products.

The only problem that I worry about is the extra shipping charge to do that.

cheflorraine said:
Another question - when you take orders, (since these were Aug shows) do you allow people to pre-order the new fall products?
I'm wanting to do a Fall Open House, but I need one more August show to get those gas cards :), and I'm not really looking for a lot of bookings because I am already pretty much booked until the end of October, so I really do want the sales. Just not sure how to logistically work it out...

I told people up front that this show would be submitted Sept 1st, with the new season. They all knew that when they ordered. I had a couple people who wanted to place orders now, because they were purchasing gifts. Their orders were enough to make a show, so I did an August Show for them. They both booked for the Fall to get the new Fall Products for free, so it all worked out in the end. :D

I did mine on Tuesday night last week. I made the recipes up in advance and then made it a mystery host for all the people who ordered. It ended up being 2 shows since several people wanted to order from the new catalog, but that was fine too!! Sales in both August and September!! I had all the new products out and then went through the minicatalog in order of products and talked about each one and passed them around. Even let people try out the ones they wanted to try (veggie slicer, etc). It was a great success!! And everyone was so pleased and excited about the new stuff!!

I wanted to do a show showing the new products the last days of August and turn it in Sept 1. Is this OK? Wasn't sure what home office would say if they found out???

vgibsonrn said:
I wanted to do a show showing the new products the last days of August and turn it in Sept 1. Is this OK? Wasn't sure what home office would say if they found out???

I've already done that. My show was this week - and I'm leaving for vacation for the rest of the month. Everyone at the show knows that I'm submitting it Sept. 1st. I can't see where there would be a problem with it with HO.

I'm having a duo party this weekend--one is to show off all the new products and some recipes (Rocky Road Brownies, Creamy Crab Nests, and Chicken Broccoli Ring, along with some sauces and dips to try, and a pound cake/fruit trifle), and the other is to sell off some of my new, used and duplicate items that I no longer need and don't want to move to our new house. I'm planning on only putting out the new order forms with the $4.75 S&H, and will submit orders 9/1. If anyone wants anything ahead of time, I'll put it on the party I'm doing tonight. I'm planning on giving each person a gift, and will have a drawing for a nicer gift. Wish me well in reducing some of my inventory from 5 years!

1. How do I host a successful Fall Open House?

To host a successful Fall Open House, make sure to plan ahead and think about your target audience. Choose a date and time that works for most people, and promote your event through social media, flyers, and word of mouth. Prepare a variety of Fall themed snacks and beverages, and showcase some of our popular Fall products. Offer a discount or special offer for those who attend, and make sure to have plenty of catalogs and order forms on hand.

2. Can I invite friends and family to my Fall Open House?

Absolutely! Inviting friends and family to your Fall Open House can help increase attendance and sales. You can even consider hosting the event at a friend or family member's house to reach a larger audience. Just make sure to communicate with your consultant and keep track of any sales made through your event.

3. What products should I feature at my Fall Open House?

Some popular Fall products to feature at your open house include our Fall baking and cooking tools, seasonal decorative items, and kitchen gadgets perfect for Fall recipes. You can also highlight products that are on sale or offer a special discount for those who make a purchase at the event.

4. How can I make my Fall Open House stand out?

To make your Fall Open House stand out, consider adding some fun activities or games for attendees to participate in. This could include a cooking demonstration, a recipe swap, or a raffle for a popular product. You can also create a cozy and inviting atmosphere with Fall decorations and scents.

5. Can I earn rewards for hosting a Fall Open House?

Yes, as a host of a Fall Open House, you can earn rewards based on the total sales made at your event. Your consultant can provide more information on the specific rewards program for your area. Additionally, hosting a successful open house can also lead to future bookings and potential for building your own Pampered Chef business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Tenille V.
  • Bookings, Sales, Shows, Booths etc
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies