• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Last-Minute Open House Dilemma: Can Chicken Picatta be Made Without Artichokes?

In summary, there are several ways to modify or adjust this chicken picatta recipe. You can substitute other vegetables for the artichokes, use chicken breasts instead of thighs, pound the chicken to prevent toughness, and make it ahead of time for convenience. Additionally, the recipe can be made gluten-free with a few ingredient substitutions.
pattikake
I'm doing an open house today (in just a couple of hours actually) was going to make the Chicken Picatta dish and just discovered I didn't get the artichokes. No way of getting to a store to get them (live here in the sticks) .. can I make it without? Or should i just forget making the dish altogether??

Help plz -- :)

Proceed! It's just an added piece to the dish.

Ok thanks!!!!! I am starting to stress ... and so very much appreciate your quick reply!

I pop on once in a while through out the day! Glad I could help!

I didn't end up making it.. I was running short of time so went without it.
Open house went well tho! I had 13 people, which is good for around my neck of the woods. Got 1 booking, and 1 maybe and enough sales to put in an order for August and September.

1. Can I substitute another vegetable for the artichokes in the chicken picatta recipe?

Yes, you can definitely substitute another vegetable for the artichokes in this recipe. Some great options include zucchini, mushrooms, or bell peppers. Simply chop the vegetable of your choice and add it to the sauce along with the chicken.

2. Can I use chicken breasts instead of chicken thighs for this recipe?

Yes, you can use chicken breasts instead of chicken thighs. However, keep in mind that chicken breasts cook faster than thighs, so you may need to adjust the cooking time accordingly to avoid overcooking the chicken.

3. How do I prevent the chicken from becoming tough when cooking it in the sauce?

To prevent the chicken from becoming tough when cooking it in the sauce, make sure to pound the chicken breasts or thighs to an even thickness before cooking. This will help the chicken cook more evenly and prevent tough spots.

4. Can I make this recipe ahead of time and reheat it for my open house?

Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time and reheat it for your open house. Simply store the cooked chicken and sauce in separate containers in the fridge, and then reheat them together in a pan on the stovetop or in the microwave before serving.

5. Is this recipe gluten-free?

Yes, this recipe is gluten-free as long as you use gluten-free chicken broth and gluten-free breadcrumbs. You can also use gluten-free flour in place of all-purpose flour for dredging the chicken if needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef
  • myinnerchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • magentablue
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies