• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Preparing for My Open House: Make-Ahead Menu Ideas

In summary, for your open house, you can prepare make-ahead menu ideas such as dips, casseroles, and marinated meats a day or two in advance. It is recommended to start preparing at least a day ahead, but you can also start a few days ahead if needed. Desserts can also be made ahead of time, with cookies lasting up to a week and cakes or pies lasting a day or two in the fridge. Proper storage methods for make-ahead food include airtight containers or zip-top bags, with reheating options available for certain dishes. It is important to follow food safety guidelines when reheating and serving food.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
My Open House is this Saturday, and I am trying to figure out what I can make ahead.....has anyone tried these? Do you think I could make them, freeze them, and then bake them on Sat? Here is my menu: (I always do a taste-testing open house)
Aloha Pizza
Jerk Chicken Salad
Hawaiian Meatballs (from It's Good For You)
Lime-Berry Trifle
Tropical Wontons
Dulce De Leche Cups

I'm planning on doing the meatballs tomorrow, and the cups for the Dulce thingys (I'm using wontons for those)....just trying to figure out what else I can do ahead....

I have made the tropical wontons, they are really good, but I would worry a bit about them getting soggy if you make them ahead of time. I would probably make the filling ahead and just fill and bake them closer to when you need them.

I agree with Shana. They are delicious but I wouldn't freeze them. When I made them for our family, we didn't want all of it in 1 day so I did keep the filling in a small batter bowl in the fridge and just made more as we wanted them over the next 2 days. I didn't have any problems with that. The filling did get a little watery but was easy to drain. Good luck!

Thanks! That's what I was wondering....if they'd get soggy or not.;)

OH man, I planned on making these at my open house last night; then I ran out of time. :( I'll be making them in the next couple days though, since I bought all the ingredients!

1. What are some make-ahead menu ideas that are easy to prepare for my open house?

Some easy make-ahead menu ideas for your open house could include dishes like dips, casseroles, and marinated meats that can be prepared a day or two in advance. You could also consider making appetizers that can be frozen and then baked on the day of your open house.

2. How far in advance should I start preparing the food for my open house?

It is recommended to start preparing your food at least a day in advance, but you could also start a few days ahead of time if you have a busy schedule. This will give you enough time to prepare and also make any necessary adjustments or changes if needed.

3. Can I make desserts ahead of time for my open house?

Yes, you can definitely make desserts ahead of time for your open house. Some desserts, like cookies, can even be made a week or two in advance and stored in an airtight container. Other desserts, like cakes or pies, can be made a day or two ahead of time and stored in the fridge.

4. How should I store the food that I make ahead of time for my open house?

The storage method for your make-ahead menu will depend on the type of food you are preparing. Dips and appetizers can be stored in the fridge in airtight containers or zip-top bags. For casseroles and marinated meats, it is best to store them in the fridge in a baking dish or zip-top bag. Desserts can also be stored in the fridge in airtight containers or covered with plastic wrap.

5. Can I reheat the food I make ahead of time for my open house?

Yes, you can reheat the food you make ahead of time for your open house. For appetizers and dips, you can simply heat them in the oven or microwave before serving. Casseroles and marinated meats can also be reheated in the oven. Make sure to follow proper food safety guidelines when reheating and serving food.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • heat123
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
heat123
Replies
Views
Admin Greg