• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making Ahead For a Big Open House: Apples & Lemon-Lime Soda

In summary, you can make the apple dish ahead of time by preparing it the night before and storing it in the fridge until ready to serve. To prevent the apples from turning brown, soak them in a mixture of lemon-lime soda and water. It is recommended to mix the soda into the dish right before serving to keep it fizzy and the apples fresh. You can substitute the lemon-lime soda with ginger ale or club soda. It is also possible to make the dish in a slow cooker, cooking on low for 4-6 hours or high for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally. This is a great option for keeping the apples warm and ready to serve during the open house.
DebPC
Staff member
Believe it or not I've never made this. But I'm having a big open house and am looking for a couple of recipes I can make ahead.
I would like to make this earlier in the day and refrigerate it for about 8 hours until serving. Has anyone done this? I would dip the apples in lemon lime soda to keep them from browning a ton. Opinions?
Thanks!

The cookie might be soggy. How about prepping everything. Bake cookie and cover; peel and slice apples and soak in lemon juice or soda and mix up peanut butter mixture and then about an hour before, put it all together. This is one of the best recipes. My friends makes it for her party every year.

Yes, you can definitely make caramel apple dip ahead of time and refrigerate it until serving. It should stay fresh for at least 8 hours, if not longer. Just be sure to cover it tightly with plastic wrap or place it in an airtight container to prevent any air from getting in and causing the dip to dry out or form a skin on top.As for keeping the apples from browning, dipping them in lemon lime soda is a great idea. You can also try using lemon juice or pineapple juice, as the acidity in these liquids will help prevent browning. Just be sure to drain off any excess liquid before serving the apples with the dip.

1. Can I make the apple dish ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the apple dish ahead of time. It is recommended to prepare it the night before the open house and store it in the fridge until ready to serve.

2. How do I prevent the apples from turning brown?

To prevent the apples from turning brown, you can soak them in a mixture of lemon-lime soda and water. This will keep them fresh and crisp before the open house.

3. How far in advance can I mix the lemon-lime soda into the apple dish?

It is best to mix the lemon-lime soda into the apple dish right before serving. This will ensure the soda stays fizzy and the apples stay fresh.

4. Can I substitute the lemon-lime soda with a different type of soda?

Yes, you can substitute the lemon-lime soda with a different type of soda. Ginger ale or club soda are great alternatives that will still add a refreshing flavor to the apples.

5. Can I make the apple dish in a slow cooker for an open house?

Yes, you can make the apple dish in a slow cooker for an open house. Simply follow the recipe and cook the apples on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally. This is a great option for keeping the apples warm and ready to serve throughout the open house.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • PCCHeather0506
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • Symara