• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Help! Confused on Hostess Specials and Bookings

In summary, Meredith is trying to explain that past hosts can get a 60% hostess special at other shows if someone books off their party.
merego
Hi all,
I am really confused on something and can not find the answer when I do a search on CC.

I had 2 people book off a party then they were invited to that next party and both wanted the hostess special. Another person who booked also wants the guest special as well as the current hostess. I was told that You can only add 1 hostess special ( for the person who booked ) and the current hostess. Am I making sense? I need to add 2 salad choppers ( at 60%) to this party and the hostess wants the UM. (60% off). If I am not understanding this:confused::confused:, then I hope I have not been selling it wrong to get people to book. As I am re-reading this, I don't think I am making sense but maybe one of you will understand what I am trying to say. I was trying to explain it to Katie0128 last night also.

Meredith....okay, I'm confused.

Host A is the original host. B and C booked off A's show. A and C were invited to B's show and they both want the host special? Is that what you are saying?

Secondly, as long as the our of pocket expense before tax and shipping is $60, hosts and guests can take advantage of the guest special.

The only time a past guest can get the host special is when they're the current host. "A" hosts a show. "B" and "C" both book off "A". They can each get the host special at their own show. "A" can get 1 host special at each of those 2 other shows (B and C). But B cannot get one at C's show, and C cannot get one at A's show. If, after that, "D" books a show, let's say off of B, then only B can get the host special at D's show.

cmdtrgd said:
Secondly, as long as the our of pocket expense before tax and shipping is $60, hosts and guests can take advantage of the host special.
I think you mean GUEST special.

Edited to make me not look like a goof - thanks!

Ha, I am really lost. I am talking about the 60% hostess special that a past hostess can get from having someone book off her party.

Meredith- have you been telling people that they can get the host special at ANY show after their own for 6 months? Not just at the bookings?

Use names so we understand what you are talking about.

chefann said:
Meredith- have you been telling people that they can get the host special at ANY show after their own for 6 months? Not just at the bookings?

I am thinking yes and I am thinking it was not explained to me right. I was told how great it is and to sell , sell, sell it. Now I will have to pay the difference for 1 salad chopper, right???

I am telling them once the person who booked from them has their party, they can get it for the next 6 months, that is how I understood it.

That, or explain that they can only get that special at the shows that actually booked from theirs. Use the "I'm new" excuse. ;)

Mere - Ya have me confused now -

Ok - names (first) and dates (months)

Sally held a show in May - Mary and Sara booked off of Sally in June and July - WHO had this show that they want the specials?

Who's on first?

You are so cute when you are confused!

Ok, but why do they say for 6 months and make it sound great? That is misleading I would say.

merego said:
I am telling them once the person who booked from them has their party, they can get it for the next 6 months, that is how I understood it.
That's inaccurate. They can get it at the bookings that actually picked dates before their show closed. Sue hosts, and gets bookings from Cathy and Becky. Sue can get the host special at those 2 shows, as long as they hold within 6 months. Those are the only 2 shows where she can take advantage of it.

Oh No Mere - read the posts that came in while I was typing (and yelling at my kids) - Ya play blonde... I'm new, I am so sorry BUT OMG - you like get 10% off!! You could offer an additional 10% for your error also.

The fine print on the June host special flyer can help:
The Monthly Host Special is also available to the past host from whom the June Show was booked (if the past host’s Show was held on or after Dec. 1, 2007). Limit two per Show — one for the current host and one for the past host from whom the Show was booked.​

merego said:
Ok, but why do they say for 6 months and make it sound great? That is misleading I would say.

Kacey My 5 sista!!!! How are ya - how was the weekend and work week going - read the thread about court - sorry I missed it earlier!

And yes - that Mere is too cute confused!!!;)

PamperedDor said:
Mere - Ya have me confused now -

Ok - names (first) and dates (months)

Sally held a show in May - Mary and Sara booked off of Sally in June and July - WHO had this show that they want the specials?

Who's on first?

OK, here I go.

Lori had a party and Lisa and Kathy booked from her. Lisa and Kathy both had their parties. Lisa and Kathy had Steph and Susan book off of them. Now Susan is having a party ,all 3 are invited and since they all had bookings and those people all had their parties, they all can get the hostess special at 60% off. That is how I understood it and apparantly I misunderstood and maybe that is why I suck at this business.

Then Amy had a party and another Susan booked from her b/c she wanted the UM and Amy wanted the salad chopper. Does Amy only get the salad chopper and nothing else for the next 6 months. ??:confused::confused::confused:

Kitchen Diva said:
You are so cute when you are confused!

At least you made me laugh because I am sitting here crying about how stupid I am :(

At Susan's party, only Susan and Lisa OR Kathy get the special, depending on who's show Susan's was actually booked from.
OR - Amy gets it. Because you can't have 2 past hosts get credit for the same booking.

Please don't cry. You're not stupid. It sounds like it wasn't explained well to you.
{{{hugs}}}

merego said:

I see where your confusion is - you think that the original host can get the host special every month for 6 months after one of the guests from her show books and holds their show. That is wrong.

Here is how it works:

Amy has a show in April. Her guests, Betty and Cindy, book shows in May and June, respectively. Amy can go to Betty's show and get the host special for May, then go to Cindy's show and get the host special for June (it's not always 60% off something, so I wouldn't sell that phrase). If Amy had other friends that booked from her show, as long as they hold their show by the end of October (6 months after her show was held in April), she can get the host special each of the months when those shows are held. So, if Debbie booked in July, Emily booked in August, Francine booked in September, and Ginger booked in October, then Amy would technically be able to get 6 months' worth of host specials.

Does that help?

You don't suck, you are new. Here's what is happening:Lori gets the host special again at Lisa's show and Kathy's show IF they are held within 6 months from Lori's show.Lisa and Kathy - did both Steph and Susan book from both of them? Let's say Steph booked from Lisa's show. Lisa gets the host special again at Steph's show IF it is held within 6 months of Lisa's show.
Susan booked from Kathy's show so Susan would get the host special again at Susan's show IF it is held within 6 months of Lisa's show.Other Susan booked from Amy's show so Amy gets the host special again at Other Susan's show IF it is held within 6 months of Lisa's show.They get the host special when a booking is noted BEFORE their show is submitted and IF the booking is held within 6 months of Lisa's show.

chefann said:
Please don't cry. You're not stupid. It sounds like it wasn't explained well to you.
{{{hugs}}}

What ANN said - I totally agree -

We all make errors, its human nature.

Ann - What would you suggest she do to fix it? You always have great advice.

Here is how I explain it at my shows:

"Susie gets the host special for June, and if Amy (point to person) books a show in July, then Susie gets to come to her show and BOTH of them get the July host special! And, if Lisa (point to her) books a show in September, both Susie and Lisa get the September Host Special!" So, a host can get the host special in months other than the month that their show was held, but only from the shows that are held from people who booked directly from her original show.

cathyskitchen said:
I see where your confusion is - you think that the original host can get the host special every month for 6 months after one of the guests from her show books and holds their show. That is wrong.

Here is how it works:

Amy has a show in April. Her guests, Betty and Cindy, book shows in May and June, respectively. Amy can go to Betty's show and get the host special for May, then go to Cindy's show and get the host special for June (it's not always 60% off something, so I wouldn't sell that phrase). If Amy had other friends that booked from her show, as long as they hold their show by the end of October (6 months after her show was held in April), she can get the host special each of the months when those shows are held. So, if Debbie booked in July, Emily booked in August, Francine booked in September, and Ginger booked in October, then Amy would technically be able to get 6 months' worth of host specials.

Does that help?

Cathy, that is exactly what I was trying to say .

Amy was a different party and Susan is having her party ( catalog) this week so she ( Amy) can get the special. On my June 2nd party, it let me give Kathy the chopper from Dana's party who had nothing to do with any of the gals mentioned. Should it have let me do that?

I wouldn't offer to make up the difference between their 10% off and the 60% off, but maybe offer an extra 10-20% more off. That way you don't lose money, you just don't earn your commission on the product.

chefann said:
{{{hugs}}}

I agree - it wasn't explained to you well at all!!! (((HUGS))) and no crying allowed!!! :) We're all new at some point!!

You shouldn't give the host special to someone who isn't the host or directly that past host. Usually the program counts the number of bookings, not the names. However, it isn't a good practice to get into.

merego said:
Cathy, that is exactly what I was trying to say .

Amy was a different party and Susan is having her party ( catalog) this week so she ( Amy) can get the special. On my June 2nd party, it let me give Kathy the chopper from Dana's party who had nothing to do with any of the gals mentioned. Should it have let me do that?

It will let you do that as long as the past host has a valid host number in P3. PC doesn't check who the past host was, only if they have a host number. So, you can "fake out" the system if you want to. But, I don't do that often (only when someone is promised something by someone wrong, like it sounds like what happened here).

I just hate it when I make a mistake and that is a biggie!! DH told me not to cry and it we will work out somehow. He said this month just to charge them the price of the items at60% and we would pay the difference. I guess I would put it in as full price, then consultant gift and their payment? is that allowed?

cmdtrgd said:
You shouldn't give the host special to someone who isn't the host or directly that past host. Usually the program counts the number of bookings, not the names. However, it isn't a good practice to get into.

I only give it to current host ors past host, that is where I got all confused. I thought anyone that had someone book from their show then hold a show could get the specials for the next 6 months.

cathyskitchen said:
It will let you do that as long as the past host has a valid host number in P3. PC doesn't check who the past host was, only if they have a host number. So, you can "fake out" the system if you want to. But, I don't do that often (only when someone is promised something by someone wrong, like it sounds like what happened here).

I honestly misunderstood , but don't want to get in trouble with PC for not following the proper procedure.

From now on, just make sure you get all the possible bookings noted so the host can get as many of the host specials as possible in the next 6 months. Because I put down possible bookings as a booking in the month they are looking at, I have gotten an average of 4 bookings at each show.

merego said:
I just hate it when I make a mistake and that is a biggie!! DH told me not to cry and it we will work out somehow. He said this month just to charge them the price of the items at60% and we would pay the difference. I guess I would put it in as full price, then consultant gift and their payment? is that allowed?

Why don't you put in on the host order if that is ok with her so at least you get the 20-30% off then you will be out less and with your commission it will be not much at all.

Big Hugs girl............
We all make mistakes! Pampered not perfect!!!

erinyourpclady said:
Big Hugs girl............
We all make mistakes! Pampered not perfect!!!

Thanks, I needed that :)

So sorry you have become so confused by this whole thing.

You really should sit down with your director and discuss how this misunderstanding happened. It's not all that complicated once you step back and start over. Forget what you thought and read the info with a cleared mind. Read the fine print and do the questioning ahead of time so you truely understand.

Once you understand how it works go back to the past hosts and show them the documents that say the "rules" and tell them that you misunderstood and that the difference is coming out of your pocket. They'll understand - maybe offer your commission off for those items.

You are not stupid. You misunderstood. It's a lesson to all directors to make sure consultants understand things clearly.

I think you pretty much have it figured out by now but here's what I say at my shows:
Pampered Chef also has a great booking benefit. If anyone here today books off of Amy's show, Amy will also get the host special in the month you hold your show as long as your show is held within 6 months. It's just the gift that keeps on giving!

What I have found, if you plead stupidity and being a newbie, people forgive you!! I had a new recruit a couple months ago that told everyone they got the Nyon Knife if they just placed an order. She thought she was going to have to buy about 10 knives. I told her to simply call the customers and explain the mistake and take full responsiblity and if they didn't understand we would find the best way for her to take care of it. Not only did each and everyone excuse her, a couple bumped their orders up to the $60 neccessary for the knife. We all make errors, just owning up to them usually gets you forgiven!!

How I explain it at each show:
There are two people at each show who get the host special. The host, and whomever she booked her show from. Now the neat thing about this is, whoever books a show from Susie tonight, Susie will get to come to your show and purchase the Host Special. So if you are even thinking about booking a show, let me put it in the computer and you have up to 6 months to hold your show. If you don't hold it, the booking police don't come, her opportunity simply expires. But if we don't put it in the computer, and you do decide to hold a show, Susie gets nothing. (At this point I have the flip chart and show the next 3 months host specials).

merego said:
I just hate it when I make a mistake and that is a biggie!! DH told me not to cry and it we will work out somehow. He said this month just to charge them the price of the items at60% and we would pay the difference.

I just read this thread and you have gotten some great advice and support.

This site is so awesome and this gang is what I would call "The Rapid Response Team." You guys are great!

My {{{hugs}}} to you as well.

Lots of extra hugs for your DH that is so supportive. :love: That is such an important part of our business.

BTW, have your cry, don't beat yourself up anymore, then figure out what you're going to do and move forward.

{{hugs}} your not stupid girl!! But my head sure hurts after reading this thread :) Man did you ever have me confused :)

I am so sorry I confused everyone, but a BIG, BIG, BIG THANK YOU to all of you for helping me through this, helping me understand and making me realize I am not an idiot. This site is awesome and I truly appreciate everyones help and advice :) I do understand now and wont make this mistake again. I will call everyone today and explain what happened. I'll let you know how it goes.

Good luck with your calls today Meredith. Most people are understanding especially when you share that you are new.

Meredith...I just saw this thread and wanted to tell you (like many have mentioned) that you made an honest mistake, and try not to beat yourself up about it!

I hope everyone is understanding today...I am sure they will be!

1. Can I add multiple hostess specials to one party?

No, according to Pampered Chef policies, only one hostess special can be added to a party. This is to ensure fairness among all hostesses and to prevent confusion.

2. Can a person who has already booked a party receive the guest special at a different party?

Yes, as long as they are a guest at the second party and meet the requirements for the guest special, they can receive it.

3. Can a hostess receive both the hostess special and the guest special?

No, a hostess can only receive one special per party. This is to prevent any potential confusion or conflict.

4. Can I add multiple items at a discounted rate to a party?

Yes, you can add multiple items at a discounted rate to a party. However, only one of these items can be the designated hostess special.

5. Can I sell Pampered Chef products at a discount to get people to book parties?

No, selling Pampered Chef products at a discount to incentivize people to book parties is against company policies. Discounts and promotions should not be used as a recruitment tool.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Nanisu
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
amandaali
Replies
Views
cmdtrgd
  • Chef.Wanda
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies