• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Achieve My Monthly Goal with These Hostesses?

In summary, the author is fed up with the hostesses at her bridal show and is looking for a way to get them to close the show. She is also trying to earn a trip to San Francisco.
mrssyvo
I am so fed up today, I am ready to scream!!! I am $1000 away from the $6,000 for the month, with 2 shows from 1 1/2 weeks ago still open. I can not get these hostesses to take just 5 minutes with me to close them over the phone. Both are brides-to-be I met at a bridal expo, that could be the problem, but come on!!!! I am sure I will meet it once they close, but this is ridicoulous!!! One of them, we agreed for me to call her last night, and then she would not answer either phone OR call me back. She sends me an e-mail today with the last order, so I enter it, and E-mail back her totals, to close, she sends it back, that she does not have her purse with her, since she is at work, and will call me tonight (yeah, right!!!)

On top of that my hubby's show tonight is a no-go, since no one is coming. At least people are supposed to order on-line, AND 3 hostesses that were doing catalog shows for me, the orders all together MIGHT make 1 show. 3 shows canceled on me last week, and with all of this, I can kiss the San Fran trip goodbye, unless God does His miracle stuff in December. I am so glad I over-booked by November/December.

And here I was worried b/c I am not getting to $1250!! b/c one host decided to turn her catalog show in as a December show! UHHH!!!

((((HUGS)))) Now take a deep breath.

I'm still new and haven't had any real interest in this Golden Treasures thing (L told me not to worry about it for right now and to start trying to earn it in January) so I don't know much about how it works. Do you still have December to try to achieve it? Is that last $1k all you need to earn it?

If you have all of Dec and those 2 women will put you over the top, then I wouldn't stress out over it (I know, easy for me to say...LOL). I know how frustrating it is when these people don't close their shows on time (I think the current show for my mother-in-law will, just because I got her order before I left...she nearly died trying to find 3 half priced items and $140 worth of free stuff...hers is the ONLY show that will close on the date I specified). Some of these people drive me completely nuts, to the point where I just want to tell them that if they don't make up their minds and close it out NOW that I'll pick out their free stuff for them and cancel their hostess and half priced items! BUT, that wouldn't be good for business. LOL

Can you send them an email or leave a voice mail stating that they are required to close by (date you choose) and that their payments must be in by then?

I KNOW that you'll earn your trip. You've worked so hard and I know that you'll be rewarded.

I feel your frustrations! I've got a host from the 16th that I'm still trying to get ahold of to close out her show. Plus, I've got 3 catalog hosts to round up this week to close. Plus, I've got one more cooking show from Sunday to close. I am just so thankful that they are giving us till Dec 5th to submit for the sell a thon. I'm going to need those extra days because I too am trying for the 6K month.....& it's going to be down to the wire. I still need about $1600. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you if you do the same for me:)

Tis the season!! Everyone is really busy now. I have 2 shows also trying to close out. Tomorrow will be my last call " Hi this is colleen from the PC and we really need to close out your show, if I don't hear from you by tonight I will pick out your Free stuff". Good Luck!!:)

Ahem...at least you have had more than two shows this month when 10 were booked! I'm only at $750 in sales and all I need is $1250 this month to get the director pack...not whining, but a lot of people are having a hard month!

Okay, that sounded a bit snotty...I just wanted to let people know they can complain in all situations!!! :D

cmdtrgd said:
Okay, that sounded a bit snotty...I just wanted to let people know they can complain in all situations!!! :D

You did not sound snotty at all!!! Hang in there!!

I know what you mean Kate! There have been months where I have struggled , then this month I'm doing REALLY good and I keep getting orders from home office and I wish they would hold them and count for next month, that's when I'll struggle! I'm trying to get my girls to turn their stuff in after dec 1st so that I can meet the quota with no problem!!!

ange13 said:
I keep getting orders from home office

How do you get orders from HO? I have never gotten any leads from them.

I could only get 1 show booked for this month and lost my second show for December because the host went and signed up as a consultant under me (she had her nerve...LOL). I've long since given up any hope for even reaching level 1 for this month's consultant incentive, but at least I'll make it up to $1250 with the 2 shows from the end of last month that were submitted towards this month so I can earn my SS3 bonus (some of which will be Christmas gifts since I already have half of them).

I would LOVE to have 10 shows booked for ANY month (though I feel for you having had 8 of them cancel if I'm reading that right). Hopefully I'll figure out how to do that soon.

I'm a director, so I get home office leads, but most of them are just placing an order so they just get sent to our website to place the order. I've received over $200 this month from that alone. First month I've had that much from them. Not complaining--just wish it was Dec already :)

I am sorryI am sorry, I did not mean to sound snotty about complaining about the $6000 level. I guess it did sound a bit snooty, BUT- I overbooked like crazy, not so much for the sale-a-thon, but I am still about 8000 points from the trip. (after the $6000) I did not mean to sound insensitive to those who have not achieved the first level, it is just that I went into November with a plan on how I could make it work, and it is falling apart in front of my eyes.

I've given up hope on the trip too--unless I recruit and qualify at least 5 people before dec 31st it's not gonna happen! Oh well, so close yet sooo far away :)

I'm aiming for next year now!! I'm starting now so I get a good jump--plus I'm also targeting the TPC for recruiting and hopefully sales! (Although I need a bunch of work for the sales--but not a bad thing to work on!) Especially after seeing this months paycheck!!! My hubby is happy--but wants it more permanent! I'm working on it.......

mrssyvo said:
I am sorry, I did not mean to sound snotty about complaining about the $6000 level. I guess it did sound a bit snooty, BUT- I overbooked like crazy, not so much for the sale-a-thon, but I am still about 8000 points from the trip. (after the $6000) I did not mean to sound insensitive to those who have not achieved the first level, it is just that I went into November with a plan on how I could make it work, and it is falling apart in front of my eyes.

You didn't sound snooty at all! I just groan when I hear people in my cluster say they only had 11 shows last month...grrr...

I am happy that you are having a stellar month and I hope that you make it to $6000!

Don't feel too bad about the plan...when it depends on others, it can easily fall apart. My problem is that I only have 2-3 days each week to do shows, and I don't have enough new recruits to give away double booked shows, so I end up with ones that fizzle out...I haven't done a show since Nov 7 - three weeks of me rearing to go! I just hope I get $500 in sales and tons of bookings tonight!!!

I didn't think you sounded snotty, either. :D

I know that I could have done more with this month if I had just put the effort in, but I didn't. I did a little bit at the beginning of the month and then needed to take some time "off" (not that I haven't been on here WAY too much, but after those initial emails I sent out I didn't do much else). I haven't been feeling well, so I needed to slow down a little (as much as I hate to admit it, I am disabled and sometimes it kicks me in the head to remind me).

I just think it would be really cool to do more than 3 or 4 shows in a month and wish I could have done more than 1 this month (my average so far is 3 and I'm running out of hosts...I'm really hoping this Sunday's party will change that since these 2 ladies who are co-hosting have invited over 130 people). :D

Last edited:
I feel ya'lls pain. I'm $900 away from level 2 with 4 more catalogue shows to close. Mind you they started at the beginning of the month and I tried to get them to close before Thanksgiving. AGGHH! I keep hearing "I just need one more day".

I have a "I-just-need-one-more-dayer" still going from OCTOBER!! I can't care right now because it doesn't help me one bit anymore!

1. What is "Listen for the Scream!!!!!" all about?

"Listen for the Scream!!!!!" is a collection of spooky and delicious recipes perfect for Halloween or any other creepy occasion. It features creative and eerie dishes that will impress your guests and add some fun to your party.

2. Are the recipes in "Listen for the Scream!!!!!" difficult to make?

Not at all! Our team at Pampered Chef has created these recipes to be easy and accessible for home cooks of all levels. Each recipe includes step-by-step instructions and tips to make the process smooth and enjoyable.

3. Can I use regular kitchen tools to make the recipes in "Listen for the Scream!!!!!"?

Yes, absolutely! While some of the recipes may call for specific Pampered Chef products, you can easily use regular kitchen tools as substitutes. We always encourage using what you have on hand and getting creative in the kitchen.

4. Are the ingredients for "Listen for the Scream!!!!!" recipes easy to find?

Yes, most of the ingredients can be found at your local grocery store. However, some of the more unique ingredients may require a trip to a specialty store. But don't worry, we always provide alternative options for ingredients in case you can't find them.

5. Can I make "Listen for the Scream!!!!!" recipes ahead of time?

Definitely! Many of the recipes in this collection can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge or freezer until you're ready to serve. This makes it easier to plan and prepare for your spooky party without feeling overwhelmed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies