• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Anyone Have Double Chocolate Cherry Dessert Pizza Recipe?

In summary, the crust for this double chocolate cherry dessert pizza can be made using a store-bought mix or by mixing flour, sugar, butter, and cocoa powder. To make the chocolate ganache, you will need chocolate chips, heavy cream, and butter. Other fruits besides cherries can be used and to prevent the pizza from becoming soggy, make sure to drain the cherries well and sprinkle some flour or cornstarch on the crust. The pizza can also be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to 2 days before reheating or serving cold.
cspies
I have an Amazing Race show tomorrow night and finally decided on a recipe but don't have the book - Casual Cooking. The instructions are are neatly ready to go in the Amazing Race file on this site but the recipe is nowhere to be found. I've searched most forums. Thanks!
Chris Spies

Here it is:

1 pkg. (18 ounces) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
2 packets (1 ounce each) pre-melted unsweetened chocolate flavor**
1 pkgs (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/4 c. powder sugar
1 tablespoon milk
1/2 tsp. almond extract
1 contained (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
1/4 cup sliced natural almonds, toasted

**Instead of using pre-melted unsweetend chocolate flavor, you can substitue 2 squares (1 ounce each) unsweetned chocolate for baking. Place squares in Classic Batter bowl; microwave uncovered on HIGH 45 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds until melted and smooth. Add crumbled cookie dough to batter bowl and proceed as recipe directs.

This recipe can be made and refrigerated up to 8 hours in advance.

Thank you for the recipe!Thanks so much! This is my first Amazing Race show - I'm excited and nervous!

Related to Help! Anyone Have Double Chocolate Cherry Dessert Pizza Recipe?

1. How do I make the crust for the double chocolate cherry dessert pizza?

The crust for this dessert pizza can be made using a store-bought pizza crust mix or you can make your own using flour, sugar, butter, and cocoa powder. Simply mix all the ingredients together, press the dough into a greased pizza pan, and bake it according to the package instructions or until it is slightly crispy.

2. How do I make the chocolate ganache for the pizza?

To make the chocolate ganache, you will need chocolate chips, heavy cream, and butter. Place the chocolate chips in a heat-proof bowl. In a small saucepan, heat the heavy cream and butter until it just starts to simmer. Pour the hot cream mixture over the chocolate chips and let it sit for a few minutes. Then, stir until the chocolate is completely melted and the ganache is smooth.

3. Can I use other fruits besides cherries for this dessert pizza?

Absolutely! This recipe is versatile and you can use any type of fruit you like. Some great alternatives to cherries are strawberries, raspberries, or even a mix of different berries. You can also use canned or frozen fruits if fresh ones are not available.

4. How do I prevent the cherries from making the pizza soggy?

To prevent the cherries from making the pizza soggy, make sure to drain them well before adding them to the pizza. You can also sprinkle some flour or cornstarch on the crust before adding the cherries to absorb any excess moisture.

5. Can I make this dessert pizza ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the pizza ahead of time. Once the pizza has cooled, you can cover it and store it in the fridge for up to 2 days. When ready to serve, you can reheat it in the oven for a few minutes or enjoy it cold.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 1PamperedMommy
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
sandilou
  • bridgetbakes
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
GourmetGirl
  • pamperedbecky