• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is It Possible for Pampered Chef to Ever Have a Bad Recipe?

In summary, Teresa shared a recipe that she made at her show on Saturday and it did not go well. She also mentioned that the Krustez mix might be a good option for those that don't like seafood.
jenniferlynne
Oh man!!! I have to do the demo at our next Cluster meeting and I decided to make an older recipe that I found in a 1999 cookbook called Bubble Up Pizza. I practiced with it tonight and it is awesome!!!!! I mean, it's just simple every day ingredients and it was so good and so stinkin easy! I've already typed up the recipe to share at the meeting so I will go ahead and attach it for you all. I'm getting ready to make another PC recipe for dessert ;)

Attachments

• Bubble UP Pizza.doc
    19 KB · Views: 444
I've never had a bad PC recipe! :D

No doubt..wheneever I use to hear Pampered Chef...I was always like..oh they have the coolest recipes.

The Bubble Up Pizza is really good. And it's scalable:
2 tubes of biscuits in the DDB
3 tubes in the Rectangular BakerAnd you can make it Mexican by using salsa instead of spaghetti/pizza sauce.

Thank you SO much for sharing that recipe!!! A lady that works in my dentist's office was talking about that recipe! Her daughter had it & lost it and they were looking for it.

I'm gonna print it up & march it right down there nestled in a catalog along with a flyer of the upcoming specials, of course. Hopefully, it may boost my
bookings, or at least stir-up a few orders:)

Thanks again!:D

I have my new super bowl party recipe!!

gilliandanielle said:
I have my new super bowl party recipe!!
Yes, me too!!! And hopefully the Chicago BEARS will be in it!!!!:D

Ever since I bought my first Season's Best at the first show I ever attended, I have absolutely loved PC recipes. I am a huge recipe junkie - I have probably 50 cookbooks or more - and I love that PC recipes seem to always turn out like they say it will.

pamperedbecky said:
Yes, me too!!! And hopefully the Chicago BEARS will be in it!!!!:D

Not the Bears--the Patriots!

I've been a customer/host/consultant with PC for a total of over 13 years. Haven't found a bad one, yet!

IT"S POSSIBLE!!!! have you all ever tried the recipe that comes with the cookie press ??
when it came out I made some and took to a neighbor who was a consultant under someone else (she was a cons. before building in our neighborhood)
anyway, she called me and said I think we're close enough friends for me to tell you these are nasty. I agreed as did my family, So now I tell my customers purchase BC sugar cookie mix add 1/4 cup flour or dig out their family recipe (everyone used to make spritz at the holidays)
We've also had a ew others in our family that aren't raved about. (& yes, I did make them right......

Teresa Lynn said:
IT"S POSSIBLE!!!! have you all ever tried the recipe that comes with the cookie press ??
when it came out I made some and took to a neighbor who was a consultant under someone else (she was a cons. before building in our neighborhood)
anyway, she called me and said I think we're close enough friends for me to tell you these are nasty. I agreed as did my family, So now I tell my customers purchase BC sugar cookie mix add 1/4 cup flour or dig out their family recipe (everyone used to make spritz at the holidays)
We've also had a ew others in our family that aren't raved about. (& yes, I did make them right......

Thanks, Teresa for the tip. I wonder if you do the same with the Krustez mix?

At my show on saturday i made the hot artichoke and crabmeat dip...one of my favorites. I overheard a guest talking to her daughter and offered her some. the daughter asked her if it was gross...she said yes! that really stuck with me for some reason. i didn't say anything b/c everyone else loved it. i just hated that someone didn't.:(

Tara1021 said:
At my show on saturday i made the hot artichoke and crabmeat dip...one of my favorites. I overheard a guest talking to her daughter and offered her some. the daughter asked her if it was gross...she said yes! that really stuck with me for some reason. i didn't say anything b/c everyone else loved it. i just hated that someone didn't.:(

Some people don't like seafood - so wouldn't like it for that reason. I usually don't do recipes w/ seafood in them for demos, because I know some just don't care for it...plus I have a grandma & a best friend w/ severe seafood allergies, so I am ultra-sensitive to that! However - I LOVE the artichoke crab dip, and I'm sure everyone else did too!

I made the Red Pepper Spread that was in the 30 Minute Chicken Flyer and I did not like it AT ALL. I am not too crazy about our Italian Seasoning though, so, that is why I did not like it. I prefer the dry Italian Dressing seasoning packet.

This isn't about a recipe, but . . .

I was making CC calls last night. I asked one woman how she like the tea she had purchased. She HATES it. She told me that she spoke with another consultant to see if she could return it. Since she couldn't return it, she threw it out. I told her I was sorry, and that I loved the tea. I only asked about it because it was being discontinued. She said she understood why. She likes lots of different teas, but she HATED this one. (Seriously, the woman made it clear that she despised the tea.)

I immediately thought of this thread. Guess everyone's taste is different, huh?

What was it that she hated about it??? Seems like a very strong reaction to tea!! LOL

my kids say it tastes like shampoo smells.
Teresa

Teresa Lynn said:
my kids say it tastes like shampoo smells.
Teresa

The tea??????????

yes the tea
I drink decaf flavored tea all day hot or cold I like ours but there are many more in stores that I prefer.
Teresa

I have actually never had ours. I am an Earl Grey fan. :D

You know, I am the one that started this thread, but now that I think of it there is a recipe I'm not real crazy about. It was the caramel apple bread pudding in the newest Season's Best. BUT I had never had bread pudding before, and didn't realize it would be so thick.

it's just like any other non PC cookbook we own. I am a cookbook addict I have hundreds. Even the top notch chef cookbooks have recipes in them that aren't always family pleasers and you waste time and ingred. preparing it. I have in the past 2 years allowed myself to write notes on the pages so I'll remember (or my kids when they inherit them) I still refuse to jot notes in my Bible though!!
Teresa

That bubble up pizza recipe could you do that in the loaf or fluted pan?

toneybug said:
That bubble up pizza recipe could you do that in the loaf or fluted pan?

I do not see why you couldn't. You would just need to adjust the amount to fit the size of the pan. I think it coul dbe done any any of them.

If you used the mini-loaf pan you could evern do 4 with different topings.

Teresa Lynn said:
it's just like any other non PC cookbook we own. I am a cookbook addict I have hundreds. Even the top notch chef cookbooks have recipes in them that aren't always family pleasers and you waste time and ingred. preparing it. I have in the past 2 years allowed myself to write notes on the pages so I'll remember (or my kids when they inherit them) I still refuse to jot notes in my Bible though!!
Teresa

So, you will pass down recipe wisdom but not Bible wisdom! That's so funny! :D

It took me a while to make myself write in my Bible too, :eek: but now that I do I like being able to see what passages I have heard preached on and to see who all I have heard. Now, I write the date and pastor of every sermon. I only make notes if I think it is really important. Especially, when it is something that I want to remember what it "stand for."

jenniferlynne said:
You know, I am the one that started this thread, but now that I think of it there is a recipe I'm not real crazy about. It was the caramel apple bread pudding in the newest Season's Best. BUT I had never had bread pudding before, and didn't realize it would be so thick.

Bread pudding isn't pudding in the "USA, chocolate or banana" kind of way. It uses pudding in the British sense meaning a dessert. If you're expecting something like a Jello Pudding Cup, you will be sorely disappointed. Same with Plum Pudding at Christmastime. That's actually a cake that's steamed instead of baked.

SusanBP0129 said:
What was it that she hated about it??? Seems like a very strong reaction to tea!! LOL

My thought, too. I have to admit that I laughed really hard after the call had ended.

Related to Is It Possible for Pampered Chef to Ever Have a Bad Recipe?

1. Is it common for Pampered Chef to have a bad recipe?

No, it is not common for Pampered Chef to have a bad recipe. Our team of recipe developers and chefs rigorously test each recipe before it is published to ensure that it meets our high standards for taste and quality.

2. What happens if I try a Pampered Chef recipe and it turns out badly?

If you try a Pampered Chef recipe and it turns out badly, we apologize for the inconvenience. Please reach out to our customer service team for assistance and we will do our best to help you troubleshoot the issue.

3. Can I make substitutions or modifications to Pampered Chef recipes?

Yes, you can make substitutions or modifications to Pampered Chef recipes to suit your personal preferences or dietary restrictions. However, we cannot guarantee the same level of taste or quality if significant changes are made to the original recipe.

4. How does Pampered Chef ensure the accuracy of their recipes?

Pampered Chef has a team of experienced recipe developers and chefs who test each recipe multiple times to ensure accuracy and consistency. We also rely on customer feedback and continuously update our recipes to reflect any improvements or changes.

5. Are there any common mistakes that can cause a Pampered Chef recipe to turn out badly?

Yes, there are a few common mistakes that can cause a Pampered Chef recipe to turn out badly. These include not following the instructions carefully, using expired ingredients, or not properly preheating or adjusting the cooking temperature of your oven or stovetop.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JennyJennJen
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
JennyJennJen
  • kam
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Jennie50
  • deanna_g