1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Blogger is now stealing a Pampered Chef Recipe

1. JennyJennJen

JennyJennJen Member Gold Member

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
    Oct 3, 2013
  2. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

She probably has no clue it is a PC recipe. Without comparing it word for word, she may have modified it.
    Truthfully, I didn't think you can "copyright" recipes anyway. Yes, give credit where credit is due, but with the internet, things float around so much, know one knows where things started.

Imitation is a form of flattery, yes? :)
    If you saw it on Pinterest, just post a comment that says.... "Oh yes, I love this PAMPERED CHEF RECIPE!". haha. :)

Oct 3, 2013
  3. JennyJennJen

JennyJennJen Member Gold Member

I sent her an email yesterday letting her know it was a PC recipe, she said she had it for 20 years and didn't know where it came from, but she changed the author on her post to PC. I thanked her for correcting it.

I guess it just really annoyed me with everything the blogging community was saying about PC consultants using pics/recipes that weren't ours and how we should not post anything (known or unknown) without proper permissions and here was a blogger posting something she didn't create and take credit for it.

I am glad she corrected it though because now with the many pinterest people that see it will know where it came from.

Oct 4, 2013
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted