1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Blogger is now stealing a Pampered Chef Recipe

1. JennyJennJen

JennyJennJen Member Gold Member

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
    Oct 3, 2013
  2. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

She probably has no clue it is a PC recipe. Without comparing it word for word, she may have modified it.
    Truthfully, I didn't think you can "copyright" recipes anyway. Yes, give credit where credit is due, but with the internet, things float around so much, know one knows where things started.

Imitation is a form of flattery, yes? :)
    If you saw it on Pinterest, just post a comment that says.... "Oh yes, I love this PAMPERED CHEF RECIPE!". haha. :)

Oct 3, 2013
  3. JennyJennJen

JennyJennJen Member Gold Member

I sent her an email yesterday letting her know it was a PC recipe, she said she had it for 20 years and didn't know where it came from, but she changed the author on her post to PC. I thanked her for correcting it.

I guess it just really annoyed me with everything the blogging community was saying about PC consultants using pics/recipes that weren't ours and how we should not post anything (known or unknown) without proper permissions and here was a blogger posting something she didn't create and take credit for it.

I am glad she corrected it though because now with the many pinterest people that see it will know where it came from.

Oct 4, 2013
Have something to add?