• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried making your own baby food?

In summary, people can make their own baby food with a few basic kitchen items, or use store bought premade baby food. Good recipes can be found online or through a library. Useful tips for utilizing baby food products can be found on fliers or in the summary itself.
Jillmami
Does anyone make their own baby food? Any good recipes? Good tips to utilize our products? I have a few fliers that I found here for moms/kids but necessarily for infants/baby food.

I would LOVE any tips/ideas!!

You can use the quick stir for mixing powdered formula (I sold a bunch to a hospital nursery), the Chopper for chunckier foods (cooked veggies and fruits use the micro cooker with a little H20 to cook the food before chopping.) Those are the only things I used to make my baby food.

You could use the cookie press with the ricer disk to mash foods. Ahhh & the mix n' chop!

The measure, mix & pour (for salad dressings) is great for single serving formula mixing. :D

The stainless steamer is awesome!

Steam vegetables and fruits without losing any nutrients, and then mash them up for feeding baby.

Also - the Prep Bowls! These were perfect for my little guy when he was a baby! I could measure the food right into them and freeze or refrigerate, and then reheat right in the bowl to feed him - without using any plastic. What I really loved about them was that because of the measurements, I knew exactly how much he was eating!

these are awesome ideas, thanks guys!!

Those are great ideas!! I definitely suggest the QSP for formula - especially since I have twins and am part of a moms of multiples group so they go through a LOT of formula! ha.

Great ideas with the micro-cooker/steamer. Thanks! I used a pizza cutter a LOT to go through foods to get them in strips when my kids were a little bigger and the salad choppers work well for getting whatever you put into their bowl into 'their' size.

Thanks!!

I used the mix and masher to make watermelon juice ( just smashed watermelon and honey) This would probably work with other fruits too. (I do use the strainer before I put the honey in. Just a different idea that might interests some and something they might have never thought of.

hcjeep said:
I used the mix and masher to make watermelon juice ( just smashed watermelon and honey) This would probably work with other fruits too. (I do use the strainer before I put the honey in. Just a different idea that might interests some and something they might have never thought of.

Just a note of caution for people...if your baby is less than a year old, don't feed him/her honey as it can cause botulism in infants.

I know thread has been up a while, but I just came across it. I hate to state the obvious, but now that the new spring products are out the MFP is perfect for making baby food. I am telling all of my pregnant friends and friends with small babies about it. It would be so much easier than dragging out the big food processor. PLUS it is small enough to fit in the average diaper bag when you are traveling and need to make baby food on the go. And when the baby is big enough for some table food, but needs it pureed, it will work great! I made my daughter's baby food and it was very easy. I just cooked the food, fruit or veggies in water. Sometimes I used the micro-cookers. I cooked meat, like a turkey breast and chicken in the DCB in the microwave. Puree the food in a food processor and add water from cooking until it got to the consistency I wanted. Then I froze it in ice cube trays. Popped them into a ziplock, labeled it, and thawed to eat (micro-cooker, or prep bowls). I didn't think about this before...but I bet the mini muffin tin would work great for freezing baby food! The food looked, smelled and tasted so much better than jarred food. A website I found very helpful was:
Wholesome Homemade Baby Food Recipes, Make your baby healthy homemade baby food with our easy baby food recipes, solid food tips, baby nutrition & more!
They have recipes, what foods are good for what ages, and give tips on how to pick good produce. I found that helpful because I cooked some veggies for my baby that I don't eat that often myself, so I didn't really know what to look for. I also used the salad choppers when I my daughter was big enough for small bites. I used them on green beans, chicken nuggets..etc. A tip..don't try to make everything at once. When introducing new foods you will do the same food for several days to make sure your baby isn't allergic. So make plenty to freeze. Then do the same thing with the next food. Once you've introduced all of the foods you will have a freezer full of baby food and it will be quick and easy to grab and go.

I'm loving the MFP for baby food... I even did cooked chicken breast in it today, and just added the chicken broth for extra liquid, and it came out perfectly!

I'm on baby boy #4 and never made my own baby food, BUT I think I may try it after reading this thread.....Thanks for the great ideas everyone!

tinawhite07 said:
I'm on baby boy #4 and never made my own baby food, BUT I think I may try it after reading this thread.....Thanks for the great ideas everyone!

Go for it Tina! It's not hard and I found it very rewarding! Its nice to know exactly what your baby is getting!

1. What products do you offer for making homemade baby food?

At Pampered Chef, we offer a variety of products that are perfect for making homemade baby food. Our Manual Food Processor is perfect for pureeing fruits and vegetables, while our Silicone Freezer Trays are great for freezing and storing baby food. We also have the Baby Food Maker, which steams and purees food all in one appliance.

2. Can I use your products for making baby food for all stages of development?

Yes, our products are designed to be versatile and can be used for baby food at all stages of development. Our food processor has a variety of blades to adjust the consistency of the food, and our Baby Food Maker has different settings for different stages of pureeing.

3. Are your baby food products safe for my child?

Absolutely. Our products are made with high-quality materials that are safe for use with food. They are also BPA-free and meet all safety standards. We understand the importance of providing safe and healthy options for your little one.

4. Do you have any recipes or resources for making baby food with your products?

Yes, we have a variety of recipes and resources available for making baby food with our products. Our website has a section dedicated to baby food recipes and we also offer cooking classes and workshops where you can learn how to make nutritious and delicious baby food.

5. Can I use your products for making other types of food besides baby food?

Yes, our products are versatile and can be used for a variety of food items. Our food processor is great for making salsa, hummus, and other dips, while our Baby Food Maker can also be used for steaming and pureeing vegetables for soups and sauces. The possibilities are endless!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• msmileyface
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pmprdprettyinsnj
Replies
Views
Harrle
  • ChefSteph06
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies