• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Meredith's MFP Baby Food Demo - Get Bookings & Help Moms!

Ingredients:1 cup basil pesto1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese1/2 cup diced tomatoes1/2 cup crumbled blue cheeseDirections:1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).2) Spread pesto on the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.3) Sprinkle cheese on top of the pesto.4) Add diced tomatoes and blue cheese.5) Bake for 15-20 minutes.6) Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
msmileyface
Hi everyone,

So I have this idea and am asking for recipe help and feedback.

I would like to advertise a theme show for moms to get some more bookings and expand my circle of customers. I was thinking of learning to make some baby food using the MFP and teaching moms how to make their own food.

First, though, I need one or two good baby food recipes for the MFP- does anyone have any?

Also, any ideas for getting the attention of moms? I was planning to ask to put a flyer in the day care center near me..

Thanks!
:) Meredith

any takers? feedback appreciated on this idea :)

I think it's a great idea. I do offer (though have never had anyone take me up on it) Baby Showers. I never made my own baby food, so I can't help you there.

I don't know of any recipes....just stick any cooked food that your family is eating into the MFP to make baby food. I used to grind up anything that I was serving the rest of the crew for the baby....spaghetti, chicken pot pie, carrots, peas, cooked apples, peaches, chili...the ideas are limitless!! Not sure that this was what you wanted, but the easier and cheaper you make feeding the baby, for the mom, the more likely she will just have to buy the MFP!!

Baby food ideas:
For babies 6 mths or older

Fruits & Veggies for Puree
beets,cabbage,broccoli,carrots,cauliflower,corn,green beans,spinach,pototoes plain and sweet,pumpkin,squash,peas,apples,blueberries,cherries,mangos,pears,prunes,and plums
Directions
1) wash and peel, seed and core
2) steam,boil,microwave or bake till tender
3) remove skins if didnt do so before cooking
4) puree in blender or mini food processor till yogurt like texture
5) store and use or freeze

Meats & O=Poultry
Avoid and cured meats (pork)
veal,beef,lamb,some pork,turkey or chicken
Directions
1) Fry with canola or olive oil till done then drain fat off
2) Add 1 cup water or stock for every 8oz of raw meat.
3) Puree till smooth

Fish
Steam 8oz of boneless,skinless fresh or defrosted fillets
salmon,trout,tilapia,sole,haddock
1) steam in a steamer for 5-10 minutes or until flaky
2) mash or purerr with a little water
(If there is a family allergy issue hold off on serving fish till after 12mths)

No Cook Purees
mash up bananas,avocados or papaya
puree cucumbers, melon, or mangos

VERY LITTLE TO NO SALT
NO ADDED SUGARS
HONEY SHOULD NOT BE GIVEN UNTIL AFTER 12 months

for recipes check out: http://www.kidspot.com.au/best-recipes/Baby+3.htm

Broccoli & Risotto

Ingredients:
2 c stock (your choice)
1/4 c parmesan, fresh grated
fresh brocolli florets
1 shallot (or small onion)
2 c risotto rice
2 Tbl olive oil

Directions:
1) plunge brocolli florets into boiling, salted water. Cook till tender
2) Using a dutch oven or larger pot heat olive oil and drop in chopped shallots, cooking till translucent. No add risotta and cook till rice becomes translucent. Be careful not to burn rice.
3) As rice is cooking start adding stock about 1/2 c at a time.
4) When brocolli is cooked remove to a seperate container, add a little water and blend till chopped almost to a puree. Use a hand held food chopper (boat motar :))
5) When all of stock is in with risotto, add brocolli and some fresh parmesan cheese. Mix together. Using same hand blender, chop all ingredients together until it is the consistency you want.

Not for children under 8-10mths.

Chicken & Sweet Potatoes

Ingredients:
1 (6oz) chicken breast half, skinless and boneless
1 (12oz) sweet potato, peeled and cubed

Directions:
1) Cook chicken in boiling water then cool.
2) Cook sweet potato in boiling water for 20-25 minutes ir till tender. Drain but reserve liquid. Mash
3) Grind chicken and potato in food processor adding 1/2 c reserved liquid or more till you reach consistency you want.

Use in 1 day or freeze for 1 month

To Freeze:
Place in freezer cube trays, cover with wax paper or cling. Freeze till firm (about 3 hours). Remove from trays and place in plastic freezer bag.

To reheat:
either defrost in refrigerator overnight or place in small bowl and set this inside of a larger bowl of hot water till warmed through.

http://www.pillsbury.com/Cooking-Occasions/Occasions/Easy-Showers/Baby-Showers

some other cute ideas for little recipes...

These are some recipes from a site I used when planning my 7 different family baby showers....yeah I know they are like bunnies in my family...LOL

Oreo Balls

1 package of oreos
1 8 ounce pack of cream cheese
1 pack of candy making white chocolate

Mix the cream cheese with the package of crushed oreos and blend until the cream cheese is completely blended in. Stick the mixture in the freezer for two hours. After it is hard, roll into balls and dip in the melted chocolate. Put each ball on wax paper until it hardens. Keep cold. For a baby shower, you can always put some food coloring in the white chocolate so that it is blue or pink. I also buy a pack of milk chocolate so i can decorate the top to make it look better.

Pesto Crescent Bites
Basil Pesto (store-bought works great)
Refrigerated Can of Crescent Rolls

Open the can of Crescent Rolls immediately after removing from the refrigerator

Cream Cheese Spread Tea Sandwiches

2-8 oz. pkgs. cream cheese
1-20 oz. can crushed pineapple, drained
1/2 cup chopped pecans
Liquid food coloring: blue for boy OR red for girl
Thin sliced sandwich bread
*Cookie cutter(s): Boy and/or Girl shape

In large bowl, mix cream cheese, pineapple, and pecans.
Once this is mixed well, add a few drops of food coloring. You want a light blue for a boy OR a light pink for a girl. Each sandwich needs a top and bottom.
For a boy, use boy cookie cutter and blue spread. For a girl, use girl cookie cutter and pink spread.
These can be made the day before and refrigerated. I layer mine in a tupperware container and put a sheet of wax paper between each layer to keep them neat and fresh.

*Cookie cutter note: You can also use a hand or foot shaped cookie cutter.

Lil Penguins Appetizers
Lil Penguins Appetizers

These are as easy as they are adorable! They are always a hit especially at baby showers.

Things You’ll Need:
* 18 Jumbo pitted ripe Olives
* 1 package (8-ounce)firm cream cheese
* 18 small pitted ripe Olives
* 1 carrot(at least 16 inches long and 1-inch diameter)
* toothpicks

First you will need to fill the penguins "bellies" with cream cheese. To do so, cut a slit lengthwise down each of the Jumbo olives on one side. Insert cream cheese through the top hole of the olive or through the slit that you just cut. Then you should be able to just pipe the cream cheese right into the olive I use a baby spoon and it works perfecto!

Now for the feet. Take your carrot and cut it into eighteen 1/4 inch rounds. Cut a "notch" or a triangle out of each round of carrot. Now the feet are ready to go! (save the triangle pieces you cut out to make beaks)

Next you make the heads. Take the small olives put them on their sides and insert the small carrot triangles that you cut out in the previous steps right into the olive. They should go in easily and be stay secure in the olive. If needed cut down the pieces so they fit better.

Now you get to assemble your penguin, the easiest way is to start from top to bottom. Take your toothpick and insert it into your penguin "heads" with their beaks facing outwards. Insert your penguins body onto the toothpick with the open cream cheese section facing outwards as well, and then stick on your feet.

These little guys are almost too cute to eat!
If you want to get really creative you can make a little igloo
out of cheese, or little snow hills out of dip or even a pool of blue jello to display them on.

Sherri's Poppers Baby Shower Recipe...

12 jalapeños - seeded and sliced in half
24 little smokies
12 pieces of bacon, halved
1 box cream cheese

Many more recipes at Baby Shower Recipes

1. What is the purpose of Meredith's MFP Baby Food Demo?

The purpose of Meredith's MFP Baby Food Demo is to help moms learn how to make healthy and nutritious baby food using Pampered Chef products, while also encouraging them to host a cooking party and earn free products.

2. What can attendees expect to learn from the demo?

Attendees can expect to learn how to make homemade baby food using fresh ingredients and Pampered Chef tools, as well as helpful tips and tricks for meal prep and storage. They will also learn about the benefits of hosting a cooking party and how to earn free products.

3. Are there any special offers or discounts for attending the demo?

Yes, attendees will have the opportunity to purchase the Pampered Chef Baby Food Maker at a discounted price during the demo. They will also receive a special offer for hosting a cooking party.

4. Can anyone attend the demo, or do you need to be a mom?

Anyone can attend the demo, regardless of whether they are a mom or not. The demo is open to anyone who is interested in learning how to make homemade baby food and potentially hosting a cooking party.

5. How can I sign up for Meredith's MFP Baby Food Demo?

You can sign up for Meredith's MFP Baby Food Demo by contacting your local Pampered Chef consultant or by visiting the Pampered Chef website and searching for upcoming demos in your area. You can also reach out to Meredith directly for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jillmami
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ericadboone
  • wycohibito
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
pmprdprettyinsnj
Replies