• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have You Tried Jerk Chicken Nachos with Chipotle Rub?

i dont like spicey so the jerk is just the right amount of spice for me. i think the chipotle would be too much for my mouth. but the southwest seasoning subsitute sounds really good melonie! i might try that for dinner tonight..
amy07
I'm sure one of you great cheffers has already done this, but last night for my meeting I had intentions of making the jerk chicken nachos. The only problem I had was that i didn't have any of the rub:yuck: (found this out 20 minutes prior to meeting starting). So I used the Chipotle Rub instead and they were awesome! All my team actually preferred them that way since it had a kick to it. we also had the mojitos with it so it went well!:D :D

Sounds yummy, might have to try it myself.

We have incorporated the recipe into tacos and it's really good.

Great idea! I don't like the jerk rub, so this is a great substitute!

I just did the Jerk Chicken Nachos and I did not like the seasoning! I like the idea of using a sub! Thanks for sharing!

I don't like the jerk seasoning either - so this is great for me!

Amy - did you do everything else the same way? The chicken, red pepper, lime, cilantro, etc...?

I have done the nachos with South West Seasoning too...it is very good. I like the jerk seasoning too though.

I have tried the Chipotle seasoning on chicken and sprinkled on plain cheese nacho and I really like it...spicy!!

i dont like spicey so the jerk is just the right amount of spice for me. i think the chipotle would be too much for my mouth. but the southwest seasoning subsitute sounds really good melonie! i might try that for dinner tonight..

ChefBeckyD said:
I don't like the jerk seasoning either - so this is great for me!

Amy - did you do everything else the same way? The chicken, red pepper, lime, cilantro, etc...?

I didn't have as much lime as the recipe calls for since one of my gals borrowed my citrus press and forgot to bring it back so I had to hand squeeze it. But everything else was the same.

Oh, also I used the mix 'n chop on the chicken and minced it up real fine. everyone really seemed to like that better too. :D Honestly I did that since it just didn't look like "enough" being diced.

thecougchef said:
Actually, the SW is hotter than the chipotle. I am not a big fan of hot foods, and the chipotle rub is one of my favs!

Am I the only one wondering how fun her meeting was with MOJITOS being served?! ;) (I'm sure you left the rum out, right?)

We had the Mojitos at my meeting last week, but no rum. My sister consultant made them using a blood orange instead of a regular one, and they were pink - perfect for HWC month!

I tried this yesterday and it was yummy. I never dice my chicken though. I don't like big pieces. I find the food chopper works perfect for getting the chicken in little pieces.

1. What are the ingredients for Jerk Chicken Nachos No Longer?

The ingredients for Jerk Chicken Nachos No Longer are cooked and shredded chicken, jerk seasoning, tortilla chips, shredded cheese, diced bell peppers, diced red onion, diced pineapple, and cilantro.

2. Can I use a different type of meat for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of meat for this recipe, such as beef, pork, or tofu. Just make sure to season it with the jerk seasoning for the authentic flavor.

3. How do I make the jerk seasoning for this recipe?

You can make the jerk seasoning by combining spices such as allspice, thyme, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, and brown sugar. You can also buy pre-made jerk seasoning at most grocery stores.

4. Can I make this recipe vegetarian?

Yes, you can make this recipe vegetarian by substituting the chicken with tofu or black beans. You can also omit the cheese for a vegan option.

5. How do I serve these nachos?

You can serve the Jerk Chicken Nachos No Longer as an appetizer or a main dish. They can be topped with avocado, sour cream, and salsa for added flavor. It is best to serve them immediately while the cheese is still melted and gooey.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • mommyhugz1978
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies