• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried making Jerk Chicken Nachos with a Southwest twist?

ice cream, ranch dressing, sour cream, salsa, guacamole etc. It was a great demo!I think this is an awesome idea. I like the fact that you can get into it with the products and the food... just like in a cooking class. We need to bring that demo to our meetings and workshops. I've done demos for our classes and I don't know there are any out there like this. I'll have to look for more demos like this.
HockeyLover
I just made the Jerk Chicken Nachos for the family, with a slight variation. I don't have any of the Jerk rub, but I did have a sample of the Southwest seasoning. I substituted taco cheese as well. They were a HUGE hit. One suggestion I have is to put half the chips, half the chicken mixture, then repeat. It distributed the cheese more evenly, leaving less dry chips. :thumbup:

that sounds good...

by the way, there is NOTHING worse than dry chips! ;)

One change we made after I made it the first time is to have extra of the jerk seasoned sour cream on the side. YUM.

MMM. This all sounds so yummy I am disappointed that I haven't had any yet. I am hoping that someone chose to make them for our cluster meeting tomorrow night.

I add black beans to mine and fresh summer salsa. Yum!! I make this recipe too much but it's easy and fast and works w/ any kind of meat! (DH especially likes the steak)

I think this recipe is excellent! I love the side of sour cream, too. My DH loved it, and he would rather have beef most of the time. I'm a chicken fan, so I'm glad he likes it. Haven't tried it out on the kids, yet.
The SW seasoning sounds like a great idea.

Great ideas ladies, it sure does sound yummy and I have yet to try them! I have no idea why I havent because they are so highly talked about!

jerk chicken nachosI made those yesterday and they were a hit. I didn't put all the seasoning on there as I was afraid it might be too spicy for my daughter and put the sour cream on the side. My friend made the same suggestion to layer the chicken and cheese mixture between the chips to distribute more evenly. I'll use the southwestern seasoning next time.

Susan :thumbup:

Definately going to do half chicken/have chip layers next time I make them and I LOVE the black bean idea! YUM-O!

I'm supossed to do this at a show on Saturday and STILL haven't practiced them yet!!!! I will do them on Tuesday I guess. (I have a show tomorrow.)

Do you all use canned chicken or do you cook the chicken and then shread it? I thought I read somewhere that someone did the boneless, skinless tenderloins in the DCB in the microwave for 10 minutes?? Any one try this?

Christ Follower said:
Do you all use canned chicken or do you cook the chicken and then shread it? I thought I read somewhere that someone did the boneless, skinless tenderloins in the DCB in the microwave for 10 minutes?? Any one try this?
I used the Perdue Short Cuts grilled chicken (1 1/2 packages), and cut the pieces with the kitchen shears. Took only a few minutes to get the chicken done. That's definitely how I will suggest the hosts buy the chicken for their shows. Nice and easy!

HockeyLover said:
I used the Perdue Short Cuts grilled chicken (1 1/2 packages), and cut the pieces with the kitchen shears. Took only a few minutes to get the chicken done. That's definitely how I will suggest the hosts buy the chicken for their shows. Nice and easy!

Never heard of this kind....where do you find it???

We made these at our cluster meeting last night. DELICIOUS!

Christ Follower said:
I always use real chicken (I personally don't like canned chicken anyway and besides using real chicken shows cookware or a stone!).

I always cook the chicken in the DCB now. For 3-4 breasts it takes 6-8 minutes. Very big WOW factor when I cook them this way. I show the thermometer with it. Since the end of June I have sold 15 DCB at full price and have 10 shows already for October to get this. It is worth it to do this!!:)

Ruthie

nacho interactive demohad our regional training over the weekend and Terry Frick presented the nacho recipe as a guest interactive demo...
she had everything set out on a table with the ingredients and the products laid next to it...then she calls up 4 people at a time and they each make a little single serving of the recipe on the round stone (4 piles when done)
They go through the line of food and products and assemble the recipe. We had sooo much fun and it was quick and we got to play and use the products like we were he guests. Then she pops them in the oven for 5-6 minutes...and calls the next group up...they do the same on another stone...while a group is working on theirs the others can mix and socialize which she says most people want to do anyways!!
She still gives her opener and touches base on products before demo begins. she also asks for "favorite product" testimonies..that way most of the products are covered. While they are using the products she chats about them.
I am going to try this at my show on the 15th...been doing PC for 9 years and ready for a change
She says pick recipes that can be made individually

Has anyone tried the Gold Chips instead of the regular Tortilla Chips? Am thinking of switching as they hold up better!!

I've made them twice so far and I am in love with them. For some reason, I haven't made the sour cream mixture yet. I'm going to have to try that at my show on Tuesday. And, I love the suggestions of adding black beans and using the southwestern seasoning! Thanks for all the great tips!

Does anyone have a show outline typed up for this recipe yet?

Also - I am looking for ways to "up" the product usage for this recipe...any ideas?

I am thinking - serve the jerk seasoned sour cream in a "cup" made of a bell pepper cut w/the V-shaped cutter?

What other tools can we show?

Large or Medium SA Square to hold nachos till using them
UM for cheese (nevermind...you use this with the lime!)
grill pan
chef's tongs
Large round stone with handles
Round Woven Selections
Snip the cilantro inside a prep bowl (store it in the herb keeper to show that first)
Could show the Juicer as well as the citrus press?
Set all of your prep bowls with pre-prepped items on the large platter or large round platter or use small SA bowls for your pre-prep
Use small caddy with sour cream mixture/salsa in other side (I always make extra of the sour cream mixture- it's soooooo good!)
New Small bamboo spoons with above

Hmmmmm....can't think of anything else right now!

KellyTheChef said:
Large or Medium SA Square to hold nachos till using them
UM for cheese (nevermind...you use this with the lime!)
grill pan
chef's tongs
Large round stone with handles
Round Woven Selections
Snip the cilantro inside a prep bowl (store it in the herb keeper to show that first)
Could show the Juicer as well as the citrus press?
Set all of your prep bowls with pre-prepped items on the large platter or large round platter or use small SA bowls for your pre-prep
Use small caddy with sour cream mixture/salsa in other side (I always make extra of the sour cream mixture- it's soooooo good!)
New Small bamboo spoons with above

Hmmmmm....can't think of anything else right now!

Ooooooh - salad chopped and small batter bowl to make pass-around salsa to serve with it!!!

Super idea! Perhaps I need to push these as a demo! I think they taste amazing!

Anyone have a show outline typed up for this yet?

For those of you who cook your own chicken for this recipe - how are you cooking the chicken? Are you seasoning it before cooking? If so, with what?

dannyzmom said:
For those of you who cook your own chicken for this recipe - how are you cooking the chicken? Are you seasoning it before cooking? If so, with what?
I made these yesterday at my show. I wanted to show cookware and stoneware so I cooked 2 chicken breasts in the grill pan and 2 in the DCB. Everyone was very impressed that I cooked the chicken in 5 mins in the microwave. I only seasoned with s&p.

Sorry, no outline.

Basically, I started my talk with cookware and showed everyone how pretty the chicken looked that I cooked in the grill pan. then I switched to Stoneware and showed them that I cooked the chicken in the DCB and that it only took 5-6 mins. I then went on to talk about knives as I diced the chicken. I already had the cheese grated, but we talked about the UM and I had one of the ladies slice my lime half on it. I used the citrus press to juice the other half of the lime. I used the adjustable spoon for measuring the jerk seasoning. I already had the sour cream mixed in the prep bowl in the fridge, so we just talked about the prep bowls. I showed them how to do the baggie trick with the sour cream. I had my cooked chicken from the grill pan in my SA dots bowl so I talked about SA in the beginning. I also took the caramel apple dip (8 oz cream cheese then 1/2 tub of caramel dip on top the 2 heath candy bars chopped on top of that) and that was in SA as well. I told them how I used the FC to chop the heath bars and the crinbkle cutter for the apples. I also has my QSP there with lemonade in it (sold a few of those as well).

That's about it....in a nut shell and all jumbled up, but I think you get the jist of it.

dannyzmom said:
Does anyone have a show outline typed up for this recipe yet?

Also - I am looking for ways to "up" the product usage for this recipe...any ideas?

What other tools can we show?

Hey!
The obvious one to me was chopping up the chicken with the chopper. It doesn't call for it, but with the chicken I used (pre-packaged), I found it necessary. Plus I like showing the chopper!

While I didn't do this at my show, I thought about it! I might try to zest the lime with the microplane grater and add that to the sour cream baggie (like it calls for in the spicy shrimp ceviche cups--although that's lemon). Don't know if it would "mess" it up?!

PC_CPR said:
Hey!
The obvious one to me was chopping up the chicken with the chopper. It doesn't call for it, but with the chicken I used (pre-packaged), I found it necessary. Plus I like showing the chopper!

I did that at my demo on Friday, but I found I was really pounding the chopper. I don't know if my chopper needs to go back or what the deal is. It shreaded the chicken more than chopped it. It does it with my onion too, it doesn't really chop very well. Is it my chopper or is that how it supposed to work??

pamperedlinda said:
I made these yesterday at my show. I wanted to show cookware and stoneware so I cooked 2 chicken breasts in the grill pan and 2 in the DCB. Everyone was very impressed that I cooked the chicken in 5 mins in the microwave. I only seasoned with s&p.

Sorry, no outline.

Basically, I started my talk with cookware and showed everyone how pretty the chicken looked that I cooked in the grill pan. then I switched to Stoneware and showed them that I cooked the chicken in the DCB and that it only took 5-6 mins. I then went on to talk about knives as I diced the chicken. I already had the cheese grated, but we talked about the UM and I had one of the ladies slice my lime half on it. I used the citrus press to juice the other half of the lime. I used the adjustable spoon for measuring the jerk seasoning. I already had the sour cream mixed in the prep bowl in the fridge, so we just talked about the prep bowls. I showed them how to do the baggie trick with the sour cream. I had my cooked chicken from the grill pan in my SA dots bowl so I talked about SA in the beginning. I also took the caramel apple dip (8 oz cream cheese then 1/2 tub of caramel dip on top the 2 heath candy bars chopped on top of that) and that was in SA as well. I told them how I used the FC to chop the heath bars and the crinbkle cutter for the apples. I also has my QSP there with lemonade in it (sold a few of those as well).

That's about it....in a nut shell and all jumbled up, but I think you get the jist of it.

The chicken done on the grill pan - do you use the grill press with it? If so, does the grill press touch the raw chicken or do you not press it until you flip the chicken?

I had another thought - sour cream in the EAD and each person can put a dollop on thier plate -- I thin kI may double the sour cream part so I can show some in the EAD and some in the SA bowl.

PC_CPR said:
While I didn't do this at my show, I thought about it! I might try to zest the lime with the microplane grater and add that to the sour cream baggie (like it calls for in the spicy shrimp ceviche cups--although that's lemon). Don't know if it would "mess" it up?!
Cath~

I think that would be good...kindof connect the flavors! Great idea!

dannyzmom said:
The chicken done on the grill pan - do you use the grill press with it? If so, does the grill press touch the raw chicken or do you not press it until you flip the chicken?

I had another thought - sour cream in the EAD and each person can put a dollop on thier plate -- I thin kI may double the sour cream part so I can show some in the EAD and some in the SA bowl.
The EAD is a good idea, wish I had thought of that one! I also doubled (maybe tripled) the SC as everyone (but one) liked SC.

I did not use the Grill Press. Instead I used the meat Tenderizer to flatten the chicken a little bit (sold a few of them too). The Grill Press is a good idea too. I have never used it, guess I should practice. I bought it for DH and he uses it all the time.

pamperedlinda said:
The EAD is a good idea, wish I had thought of that one! I also doubled (maybe tripled) the SC as everyone (but one) liked SC.

I did not use the Grill Press. Instead I used the meat Tenderizer to flatten the chicken a little bit (sold a few of them too). The Grill Press is a good idea too. I have never used it, guess I should practice. I bought it for DH and he uses it all the time.

I am just thinking -- the grill press on the raw chicken...then flip the chicken over & grill press again = transfering raw-chicken-cooties to the cooked side...so you'd have to cook one side unpressed, then flip it, then press it with the press on the cooked side, no?

dannyzmom said:
I am just thinking -- the grill press on the raw chicken...then flip the chicken over & grill press again = transfering raw-chicken-cooties to the cooked side...so you'd have to cook one side unpressed, then flip it, then press it with the press on the cooked side, no?
I don't know. Maybe someone will answer for us. Or maybe we should send a message to the test kitchen?

I love the nachos!! My mil doesn't like the jerk seasoning so the next time I make them at home I will use the southwest. I also think they are easier to make in the large bar pan b/c you don't have to worry about chips falling off.

I am just reviewing this thread as I am about to get started making the JCNachos tonight for DH...practicing for my show next weekend...

Hey Carolyn, I posted on another thread another dip I made to go with these...

1 avocado, about 1/2 container sour cream (makes mixture light green), minced garlic or a garlic clove pressed in the garlic press and about 1/2-1T chopped cilantro. It takes good as a dip with these or for the extra chips along wth the jerk-seasoned sour cream.

Awesome Recipe!I did this at a former consultant's home for a show last night - it was The Hit recipe. They liked the tangy pepper pecan brie, but they LOVED the nachos!

To "Up-show" this recipe, You could do...

-v-shaped cutter to do a guac / salsa / sour cream cup.
-instant salsa with food chopper / garlic / cilantro / tomatoes / onion /
-I flattened s/l b/l chickenbreast with the meat tenderizer, (inside a baggie) then grilled on the large exec double-wide flat griddle - use whatever you have. (you CAN even cook chicken on a stone, in the oven! Not as quick, but impressive for guests to see!) I put a little salt, pepper on when grilling. I did add 1/3 cup of water on each side to steam/cook it a bit and help the process along.
-use Ultimate Mandoline to slice the last half-lime down for slices, then stack them all and slice through the center (on the diameter) to form the half-moon slices to lay on top.
-use Microplane Grater to add some teeny lime zest to the green/red/yellow pepper + limejuice mixture. I generally zest the limes before juicing them.
-Use whole blocks of cheese and grate them down with the Cheese Grater Plus
-Use fresh cilantro and the Herb Keeper and Kitchen Shears to mince the cilantro at the end
-Use Decorator Bottles to do the sourcream at the end -- not big enough a quantity of sourcream, to justify the EZAD - at least, to me.
-Put the whole thing on a round stone and definitely use a Woven Selections under the stone.
-Present it on a cooling rack, just to elevate it
-Use new dessert plates to serve all the guests.

- what else, all you creative people? -

~praying for Paige and her family~

Ok, I TOTALLY missed this before. Check out page 11 of the Season's Best. The Avocado Salsa cups are kind of like what I had made to go with the jer chicken nachos...

Ok - I made the Jerk Chicken Nachos for my DH tonight. They were "ok" We found them to be a bit bland. We'll use more rub next time. Maybe I'll season the chicken with the rub before putting it in the DCB.

I love these nachos. I've made them at a few shows, but I haven't tried to get more products involved. I like the idea of doing some chicken breasts on the grill pan (which I do, with the grill press--although I've never thought about the yucky raw chicken cooties:eek: ) AND the DCB. That's a great way to show both cookware and stoneware.

I find they're easier to eat if the chicken pieces are cut up really small. So, after dicing them with the santoku knife, before I add the cheese to the batter bowl, I chop the chicken up in the batter bowl even more with the salad chopper. The chunks sometimes get stuck in between the two blades, but I just quicky pop them out with my finger. This has sold a few salad choppers!

I'm making these as an appetizer tonight when some friends come over for dinner. I think I'll do a whole chicken in the DCB in 30 minutes and use that chicken meat just for something different. And to show these friends the DCB....maybe they'll buy one! Has anyone used the 30 minute chicken in the nachos? I wonder if I should use the jerk seasoning on the chicken before I cook it instead of the seasoning mixture the recipce says to use?? Has anyone tried it this way??

I"m also making the Skillet Lasagna. Yum...probably way too much food, but oh well.

Last edited:

1. Can I use a different seasoning instead of Jerk rub for the chicken?

Yes, you can definitely use a different seasoning. In fact, the Southwest seasoning you used sounds like it would be a delicious substitution! Feel free to get creative and experiment with different flavors.

2. Can I use a different type of cheese for the nachos?

Absolutely! While taco cheese is a great choice for this recipe, you can use any type of cheese that you prefer. Cheddar, pepper jack, or a blend of different cheeses would all work well in these Jerk Chicken Nachos.

3. How should I layer the ingredients for the best results?

As you discovered, layering the chips and chicken mixture is a great way to evenly distribute the cheese and avoid dry chips. You can also try mixing the chicken and cheese together before adding them to the chips, or adding a layer of cheese on top before baking. Find what works best for you and your family's preferences!

4. Can I make these nachos ahead of time?

Yes, you can definitely make these nachos ahead of time. Simply prepare the chicken mixture and store it in an airtight container in the fridge. When you're ready to make the nachos, simply assemble them and bake as directed. You may need to add a few extra minutes to the baking time to ensure the chicken is heated through.

5. Can I make these nachos vegetarian or vegan?

Absolutely! You can easily make these nachos vegetarian by using a meatless chicken substitute or roasted vegetables instead of the chicken. To make them vegan, be sure to use a vegan cheese alternative and check the ingredients of your seasoning to make sure it is also vegan-friendly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lesliebakes
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
StacieB
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies